Things to do to impress a girl...

outofthisworld

So last night I went on a date with this girl,, and turns out she is an adrenaline junkie and i'm not really, but I want to impress her, so she was telling me that she wanted to go skydiving but her friends chickened out. should I invite her skydiving.. I kind of always wanted to do it.. but at the same time not... would my anxiety kill me?

T420

Anxiety doesn't kill anyone, it's just damned unpleasant. Having said that, it can cause long term physiological problems if you overload yourself on it.

whether that will happen depends upon your own limits, no one here is going to know your limits.

You have to ask yourself another question however. If it's skydiving today, what will it be tomorrow? Do you want to set a precedent where you are dragged along on adventures you can't handle just to impress her? Or do you feel you can handle her adrenalin junkie lifestyle. If you are a naturally anxious person, what joy will you get out of living like that?

Of course if you are just trying to get into her knickers for a night, there's easier ways than jumping out of airplanes :) it's called finding a different girl!

Finally bear in mind, that just cause you go skydiving, that doesn't mean she'll fall into your arms, you might end up doing it all for "The friendship zone". Worse still she might simply be manipulating you, because none of her friends would do it, and she'd dump you in a second if any one of them said yes.

Oh... and who's paying for this. If she's making you pay for it. RUN AWAY NOW. She's a user. On the other hand if she's paying, then it's a once a life time experience if you are brave enough to do it fantstic! Personally my trousers would be soaked with my own pee just stepping onto the plane, haha. I'll do alot to impress a girl, but floating down to earth on an oversized hanky isn't one of them lol.

Last edited:

S_Spartan

Ugh...with the way people are now you would get the skydiving all arranged and paid for and then when the time comes to do it she would flake without a word.

outofthisworld

Anxiety doesn't kill anyone, it's just damned unpleasant. Having said that, it can cause long term physiological problems if you overload yourself on it.

whether that will happen depends upon your own limits, no one here is going to know your limits.

You have to ask yourself another question however. If it's skydiving today, what will it be tomorrow? Do you want to set a precedent where you are dragged along on adventures you can't handle just to impress her? Or do you feel you can handle her adrenalin junkie lifestyle. If you are a naturally anxious person, what joy will you get out of living like that?

Of course if you are just trying to get into her knickers for a night, there's easier ways than jumping out of airplanes :) it's called finding a different girl!

Finally bear in mind, that just cause you go skydiving, that doesn't mean she'll fall into your arms, you might end up doing it all for "The friendship zone". Worse still she might simply be manipulating you, because none of her friends would do it, and she'd dump you in a second if any one of them said yes.

Oh... and who's paying for this. If she's making you pay for it. RUN AWAY NOW. She's a user. On the other hand if she's paying, then it's a once a life time experience if you are brave enough to do it fantstic! Personally my trousers would be soaked with my own pee just stepping onto the plane, haha. I'll do alot to impress a girl, but floating down to earth on an oversized hanky isn't one of them lol.

thx for the very nice reply... it got me thinking on each paragrath.. maybe i should impress her with things I like because there are less adrenalin things that she likes too that i always wanted to do... or then again like you said... maybe i should move on and find a girl less extreme lol

Sacrament

If she wants to do it and so do you, don't let anxiety stop you from enjoying a fun experience. At the same time, focus on doing things you like too, and invite her to do them with you if you care enough about her to do it.

OceanMist

If you have to ask other people whether you should do it or not, it's probably not a good idea.

As Nazim was saying, do things on your terms.

You have to be on the same level as a girl for things to work out. You say she's an adventurous person, and it sounds like you aren't adventurous. Right there I can predict things aint gonna work out for you guys because you are too different in personality.

If you really want to ask her out, then do it where you are most comfortable. You shouldn't have to jump off planes (literally) to make it work with a girl. Just my opinion.

bsammy

1) Do not try to impress her. Why would you? Is she better than you or posses more value? I don't think so.
2) Don't go skydiving only because you want to impress her...you re gonna regret it if things don't go the way you expected
3) Stop putting women on pedestal. Just ask her out and have a good chat over a drink or meal or whatever. You are a man, she is a woman, period.
4) It might as well be that you have different personalities and interests, then go and find somebody who you think will fit you.

listen to what this guy said..do not start off with a woman by trying to impress her especially if you are an anxious, shy individual..the bottom line is you have to be you, it doesnt hurt to try new things but the reality is, she will eventually see you for who you really are...trying to go out of your way to impress her initially is going to backfire imo..

just from my quick read of your post OP, id find another girl..you are on a social phobia website and you talking to a girl that is an adrenaline junkie..these 2 personality types usually arent going to work long term..

Bronson99

listen to what this guy said..do not start off with a woman by trying to impress her especially if you are an anxious, shy individual..the bottom line is you have to be you, it doesnt hurt to try new things but the reality is, she will eventually see you for who you really are...trying to go out of your way to impress her initially is going to backfire imo..

just from my quick read of your post OP, id find another girl..you are on a social phobia website and you talking to a girl that is an adrenaline junkie..these 2 personality types usually arent going to work long term..

Yes, but the OP is a volunteer fireman! I think he couldn't be that incompatible, right?

R3K

depending on where you guys are in your dating levels... I might suggest going on less extreme outtings at first. like someone else already said, she might flake out on the last second and then you went and got your hopes all up for nothing. take her out on a few other things and see how amped she is about going out with you in general, then decide later on if skydiving is realistic or not.

Odo

Banned
Just be yourself... but I would definitely go skydiving because I don't think it's the kind of thing anyone ever regrets.

MotherWolff

Banned
First of all, I would like say that it is everyone's right to say "no" to something they really don't want to do. I mean, sure, my peers as teenagers could tell eachother I chickened out years ago from smoking a blunt. But now look at 'em. They are probably unhealthy as hell.

Secondly, anxiety can't kill anyone. You only think it can.

THeCARS1979

So last night I went on a date with this girl,, and turns out she is an adrenaline junkie and i'm not really, but I want to impress her, so she was telling me that she wanted to go skydiving but her friends chickened out. should I invite her skydiving.. I kind of always wanted to do it.. but at the same time not... would my anxiety kill me?

Just be yourself for get all the i need to impress bullshit

WeirdyMcGee

Why not go for a drive or try dirtbiking together, first; rather than spending all that money to jump out of a plane?
Go to a themepark or get a tattoo (not of anyone's name, for God's sake XD) or something that you enjoy doing. Be yourself. That should impress her enough on it's own.

RegalSin

Sigh................ sky diving.................

Don't be afraid to take chances

Do not be afraid to protect yourself.

They go through lots of testing with the materials when you sky dive. BEFORE YOU DO.
Whatever program your doing this through whatever is your choice.

Sky diving is just an activity like any other again

sigh...............