Things that piss you off...

I hate how those 'stand-around salespeople operate. You know the ones that hang around train stations and at the entrance and exits of stores and shopping centres, or the ones that block the foot path so that you're trapped, and they're all like "oh how's your day going miss, I just want to talk to you about....." and dont let you get a word in. I hate how "I" feel guilty for saying 'sorry, I'm in a hurry' I say it politely enough, but they always give me a rude look after. They are so annoying and totally wreck my day, that shouldn't even be legal, I should be able to walk down the street without being haggled and harassed. I hate being forced upon :mad:.

I don't know if this is what you're refferring to but i've handed out flyers before near subway stops and asked them to sign petitions and stuff like that. However I never annoyed people if they refused to do it(I'd be way to shy to do that anyway lol) I did the jobs because they are a fairly easy way to make a little money. I don't think there is anything wrong with passing something out to people or requesting something out of them as long as you do it in a polite, respectful way

However yes I agree that if you refuse or say you're busy and the person keeps prodding you to give them something, thats just stupid. In that case you have every right to become angry with them. I guess im just saying overall take it easy on them, i know since i've been there, a lot of people are just people who have had difficulty finding employment looking for a way to make a little money and getting paid to say what they say. I realize it can be annoying, but also see it from the persons perspective, theyre standing out there all day working for like minimum wage in some cases, you dont have to agree to what they want you to do but i guess being polite to them doesn't hurt?

Last edited:

Lost Girl

These salespersons can be great as "target practice" if you want to improve your assertiveness.

The last time I was approached by someone who wanted to sell me a phone subscription, I first said politiely: "No thanks, I'm not interested". He ignored this and tried to convince me that this subscription was so great, I interupted him and said firmly "I said I'm not interested, god dammit!" He then stopped following me.

Yes you're right, I think part of the reason it affects me so much is because I am not assertive about it at all and rather lie and give a lame excuse of why I can't listen to them and that is just weak on my part.
They seem to have invaded my local area lately so just in case I have to deal with them today, I will try to mentally prepare myself and nicely but firmly say "Sorry, I'm not interested", and keep going on about my business.

But see how I worded that - 'have to deal with them' it sucks I should have to deal with them! I walked the long way home yesterday to try to avoid them, and there they were on that route as well! Pain in the butt!

I don't know if this is what you're refferring to but i've handed out flyers before near subway stops and asked them to sign petitions and stuff like that. However I never annoyed people if they refused to do it(I'd be way to shy to do that anyway lol) I did the jobs because they are a fairly easy way to make a little money. I don't think there is anything wrong with passing something out to people or requesting something out of them as long as you do it in a polite, respectful way

However yes I agree that if you refuse or say you're busy and the person keeps prodding you to give them something, thats just stupid. In that case you have every right to become angry with them. I guess im just saying overall take it easy on them, i know since i've been there, a lot of people are just people who have had difficulty finding employment looking for a way to make a little money and getting paid to say what they say. I realize it can be annoying, but also see it from the persons perspective, theyre standing out there all day working for like minimum wage in some cases, you dont have to agree to what they want you to do but i guess being polite to them doesn't hurt?

Yes, that is the sort of thing I am talking about. There are some salespeople who are respectful and polite about it and there are some who I feel completely invade my personal space and prod and prod and I don't appreciate it at all. People get their back up about rude telemarketers and I think these people are just as bad if not worse. It really adds to my anxiety when I'm having a hard time even being out and about as it is, and then in jumps Joe Blow forcing himself upon me like that. I really hate it.
Then there are times when I am polite about saying "no thank you" or whatever, and they push more, or give a bad look. It's like they sense the vulnerability, so keep at it.
I appreciate what you're saying though, that it is a job and they are just trying to make money like everyone else, but it is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Tiercel

Valspeak pisses me off. Every time I hear "...And I was like totally oh my gosh, you know, like totally no way!", I get the urge to throw a grammar book at the person speaking.

Only a grammar book? I urge more along the lines of a slap to the side of the head. But I'm not a violent person. Honest.

:D

When I feel depressed, EVERYTHING pisses me off. 'Then i'm very irritated.
It feels like a huge madness hitting me like a sledgehammer.

Ignace

One thing I can die from, which happened today: public humiliation by people who are way too confident. YIPPY !!!!

omnighost

This one may be familiar to a few of you:
Therapists who think they can read your mind, but are way off the mark every time they try.
I've only had one like this, unfortunately its the one I see now.

I know that one all too well no matter how many times I tell them they just think they're right. It kind of makes me wonder who the crazy one is.

Scars

This one may be familiar to a few of you:
Therapists who think they can read your mind, but are way off the mark every time they try.
I've only had one like this, unfortunately its the one I see now.

I know that one all too well no matter how many times I tell them they just think they're right. It kind of makes me wonder who the crazy one is.

Same here... most of my previous therapists were like that... the worst part is you can tell they're trying REALLY HARD to read you the whole time and right before it ends they tell you what they've supposedly found out, but you don't really have any time to tell them just how wrong they are.

Felgen

Only a grammar book? I urge more along the lines of a slap to the side of the head. But I'm not a violent person. Honest.

:D

If I could force them to read it (which I might do the next time I see anyone who speaks valspeak), the book itself would be enough. :)

It sort of pisses me off how neither my family, nor my spouse does any fudging effort to understand what I am going through, and still seem to think to know what I should do. |:c

They don't seem to understand that 'hearing' and 'listening' are too different things.

lonely_drummer

One thing that really pisses me off is when you're going in/out of a building and there's two doors, yet everyone seems to just line up and go through one of the doors while the other just sits there closed and unused. Then the line will get backed up a little and still, no one will go through that 2nd door, i freaking hate that!

Scars

It pisses me off that suicide is such a morally unacceptable option because of family that would be hurt if you did... it keeps me alive, but it certainly doesn't keep me happy...

Scars

People that think that actually have a ****ing clue about SA and obviously don't trying to give people advice. Drives me nuts.

Same here... most of my previous therapists were like that... the worst part is you can tell they're trying REALLY HARD to read you the whole time and right before it ends they tell you what they've supposedly found out, but you don't really have any time to tell them just how wrong they are.

My hunch is these types of therapists are generally psychodynamic in orientation. Their therapy is based on the philosophy of intrepreting what you're really thinking and feeling based on how you act and delving into unconscious processes. So they kind of have the attitude of they know what you're thinking and feeling better then you do since you don't know your unconscious. I used to like that type of therapy but now im not so thrilled with it. I also hate it when I open up about something with my therapist that took a lot of courage to open up about and his entire response to everything i said is uh hmm.

huzzah

Oh gosh, I could go on for hours. But just to name a few...

-People who eat with their mouth open. Eugh!
-Teenagers, even though I am one XD
-People who make those clicking noises every two seconds when they're talking
-Animal cruelty
-Narcissism

Lorraine Manca

people who never get angry, or flustered, or show emotion piss me off. i just want to shake them, are you dead? is anyone home?

Ignace

people who never get angry, or flustered, or show emotion piss me off. i just want to shake them, are you dead? is anyone home?

They keep it inside themselves so the bomb can explode a few years later and kill someone, that way they get in jail, which means free 'living'.

jaypee06

i dont know why but i get so pissed off when i see those really stereotypical asians who LOVE ridiculously expensive luxurious brand name things... like gucci louis vuitton and the like...