The Psychiatry Hoax of the Century

N0D

Banned
First off I had to copy and paste the whole thing because that cloud background gives me a headache. :rolleyes:

I can't really say I agree with the article. I do suspect that a large amount of psychiatry and whatnot is nonsense, but a lot of times in the article its made to sound like they are a secret conspiracy group out to get us, which is silly. Also I'm not sure when it was written but from what I've seen in the US currently its very hard for a psychiatrist or a doctor or anyone to commit you to a hospital or anything against your will or make you take medication or do anything to you against your will.

Honestly a few times while reading it I thought the author sounded really paranoid. ;)

Thelema

"On this site you will find some articles on various New World Order related subjects"

"Information about UFOs, Aliens, Illuminati, ESP / PSI, God, religion, the extraordinary, alternative science and technology, sound and music science, divination, tarot, sacred geometry, Merkaba teachings, health, alternative healing methods, freedom technology and much, much more."

funny-captions-seems-legit.jpg

Come on, dude. The source of your information is highly dubious. This illustrates why it's important to be careful where you get your information from.

Last edited:

Honda

Dont take it too seriously.. But i really believe the psychiatrists dont help at all.. I got over most of my problems by myself and I wish people do the same.. Unless you suffer from a severe problem or such..

Section_31

I have to disagree. I believe that phsyciatrists can help some, others not so much.

I used to be a VERY unstable person before i got the help i needed, and im very thankful for their help.

Agent_Violet

I got over most of my problems by myself and I wish people do the same..

I think it's really great that you were able to solve many of your issues on your own. I also think it's nice to wish the same for others. But it isn't realistic.

Some pych docs are useless...some are like angels to the people they help.

It's that way with every field in medicine. Some docs help and change lives...others just don't.

Some people need the guidance of a psych doc...some don't.

Lea

Banned
I didn´t read it all (and doubt anyone did), but it seems to be very interesting and also there is a great deal of truth in it. I´ve experienced so many unbelievable things and highly disturbed people in my life, why shouldn´t I believe this article?

Besides the mental violence, the sheer physical violence that is used in psychiatric institutions can hardly be underestimated. Doctors, nurses and warders can assault and physically abuse patients, at will, virtually unpunished. If the patient attempts to fight back, this will be used against him/her, where the patient is accused of having a hysteric fit... While simple resistance as such is seen as "abnormal behavior" which may mean that someone who is detained against his/her will may be detained even longer... By the way, refusing to take mind debilitating or otherwise sickening drugs is also considered such resistance and can also have consequences for a "patient's" detention. Drugs can also be given by force intravenously while otherwise psychiatric nurses check the patient having swallowed their drugs (the trick you see in movies of someone pretending to swallow a mind debilitating pill doesn't work in real-world psychiatric institutes).

What is most frightening is that the physical and mental abuse is nearly completely invisible to the public. Even heavily criminal prisoners have the right to see their lawyers, daily if necessary. If a prisoner would have been severely beaten, his/her lawyer could notice this and request an inquiry or other measure.
But "mental" patients can be isolated indefinitely, with no appeal possible, at the wits of the "doctor" in charge... This means any physical harm can be done to the patient, without anybody ever having to find this out... And when an ex-patient wishes to file a complaint of physical or mental abuse, he/she will find it almost impossible to be taken serious, seeing that his/her accusations can all too easily be dismissed as craziness... Tough luck.

The above is true, I´ve seen my bit, when I worked in the ward for dying people in nursing home. I was there just for a week, doing something unrelated to care. The people there lived in apalling conditions and they were shouted at all the time by abusive nurses, called names, denied food etc. One old woman without an eye and in terrible condition condition was asking for a piece of bread and was shouted at and called names, etc. People often go mad there and try to escape, bang the door, but they can´t. Except of this, I´ve read many times reports of abuse in nursing homes. How many cases go unreported?

Waybuloo

I didn´t read it all (and doubt anyone did), but it seems to be very interesting and also there is a great deal of truth in it. I´ve experienced so many unbelievable things and highly disturbed people in my life, why shouldn´t I believe this article?

Besides the mental violence, the sheer physical violence that is used in psychiatric institutions can hardly be underestimated. Doctors, nurses and warders can assault and physically abuse patients, at will, virtually unpunished. If the patient attempts to fight back, this will be used against him/her, where the patient is accused of having a hysteric fit... While simple resistance as such is seen as "abnormal behavior" which may mean that someone who is detained against his/her will may be detained even longer... By the way, refusing to take mind debilitating or otherwise sickening drugs is also considered such resistance and can also have consequences for a "patient's" detention. Drugs can also be given by force intravenously while otherwise psychiatric nurses check the patient having swallowed their drugs (the trick you see in movies of someone pretending to swallow a mind debilitating pill doesn't work in real-world psychiatric institutes).

What is most frightening is that the physical and mental abuse is nearly completely invisible to the public. Even heavily criminal prisoners have the right to see their lawyers, daily if necessary. If a prisoner would have been severely beaten, his/her lawyer could notice this and request an inquiry or other measure.
But "mental" patients can be isolated indefinitely, with no appeal possible, at the wits of the "doctor" in charge... This means any physical harm can be done to the patient, without anybody ever having to find this out... And when an ex-patient wishes to file a complaint of physical or mental abuse, he/she will find it almost impossible to be taken serious, seeing that his/her accusations can all too easily be dismissed as craziness... Tough luck.

The above is true, I´ve seen my bit, when I worked in the ward for dying people in nursing home. I was there just for a week, doing something unrelated to care. The people there lived in apalling conditions and they were shouted at all the time by abusive nurses, called names, denied food etc. One old woman without an eye and in terrible condition condition was asking for a piece of bread and was shouted at and called names, etc. People often go mad there and try to escape, bang the door, but they can´t. Except of this, I´ve read many times reports of abuse in nursing homes. How many cases go unreported?

The same thing happens to children in children's homes, orphanages, in boarding schools, nurseries, retirement homes etc, whenever vulnerable people are put in the care of those in power, who may or may not be competent and/or ethical.

Starry

I've read the article - interesting if filled with problems (lack of references, for instance, meaning that the reader has to do a LOT more research if they are interested in finding out the actual truth.)...

However, I have to comment on the way people generally respond to these sorts of things... i.e "if it's a conspiracy theorist nut then it cannot possibly be true" or "it deals with alternative theories so therefore it's a load of rubbish" type responses... I've come across this type of thinking so very much and among so many types of people... Including those who claim to "question everything".

Firstly... Just because something is stated by a person who goes against the consensus it doesn't mean that they're necessarily wrong. Shall we go back to the days of Galileo? He went against the consensus... Was he wrong? What about other things which were believed... How about a little closer to our time? According to Freud, we're all attracted to our opposite gender parent, causing complexes... Right or wrong? Lets go back a few decades... Homosexuality was a psychiatric disorder and could be treated with electro-shock therapy... Right or wrong?

My point is, we should never take what we are fed by the media, by "consensus" or by anyone for that matter. We should never be so arrogant as to think that just because we've been told something anyone who disagrees with us must be wrong, because "I was taught such and such" or because "the consensus is such" or "the news said this". We must always fully research everything for ourselves and come to our own conclusions.

Let's take "conspiracy theories" for a moment... People laugh at the very name, as though conspiracy cannot exist.. It's a crime and you can go to prison for it, therefore it's safe to say it exists... Now, most of the "theories" are complete and utter rubbish and it takes very little research to disprove them... However, others it has to be said DO have evidence in their favour... Now, whether that evidence is misinterpreted, or actually leads to a fact is another matter entirely, but we cannot know without seeing for ourselves. And some conspiracies have actually been proven to be correct (for example, search for: "Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment" or "Propaganda Due" - dozens of other "conspiracies" have occured, but haven't got appellations which are easily searchable) You have to look at everything with an open mind and without preconceptions. If you don't have the time or inclination to research then the only truly sensible stance is an agnostic one.

Personally, I do actually question everything! It's hard work and it's even a little depressing at times to realise that you can take nothing at face value, but it's the only way to live if you don't want to be spoon-fed someone else's version of things, even if that version is "the consensus", because, as I've shown, it can be and often is wrong. Therefore, it saddens me greatly to see people willingly being fed instead of searching for themselves.

Actually, I'm reminded now of an article I read this morning stating that creativity is a sign of mental illness... now, I haven't yet looked into that one, so it's quite possibly a pile of rubbish, but it shows the need to look into things, rather nicely, I think...