The positive thread

MikeyC

At work, I was in the police radio room, where all the people in there know me by name. I had to walk out and come back in, and when I walked in again I overheard a woman say, "Michael? I love Michael." She's in her 40's and I thought she didn't like me very much.

That made me feel really good. Really, really good. :)

Today someone commented on my amazing skills at medicating cats.

That's a legitimate skill. It can be a real pain. Literally when it's a particularly stubborn cat.

At work, I was in the police radio room, where all the people in there know me by name. I had to walk out and come back in, and when I walked in again I overheard a woman say, "Michael? I love Michael." She's in her 40's and I thought she didn't like me very much.

I see those police connections are coming along just fine, eh, Mikey? ;)

Seriously, though, good on you.

Phoenixx

Been speaking up more in class, and getting things right!
^ Awesome! :thumbup:

Today was a nice productive day for me. Instead of being lazy I decided to continue packing early today for my trip next week (since I kinda maybe would like to see a certain someone before I leave :shyness:), made some food to take with me, put music on my mom's mp3 player so she could have it next week, went outside for a bit and played with the dogs, got my prescription called in so I can pick it up sometime this week, called my bank to fix the issue I was having with my online account and got that taken care of (I was putting this off for weeks), made a much needed hair appointment for tomorrow, and on top of everything I still managed to cook and eat proper meals instead of skipping, and we even had no electric for over an hour.

Phoenixx

Since I couldn't go to Threadless in Chicago, I decided to splurge and treat myself on their site instead this afternoon. I've always loved seeing their merchandise on the site, but never ordered from them before. I got this t-shirt, and then this one in a boat neck tee, and then out of impulse I bought their book, which I thought looked pretty cool and was a great price. I spent more than I would've liked, but when I just had just one shirt plus the book, they wanted me to pay $10 for shipping which brought the total to $34. Orders $35+ got free shipping, so hey why not buy a little something extra?

Also got my progress report from my nutritionist today that gave me such awesome results -- so much better than the last one I received back in May. I'm so happy to finally be getting healthier, and in less than a year I have improved so much! I still have a long way to go, still need to keep seeing her for another year with continued supplementing and diet changes, but it's all been so worth it.

coyote

careful around those dispatchers - they're trouble

Silatuyok

Today I actually did a little bit of "hanging out" at work, just shooting the shite with coworkers before leaving for the evening. It felt unnatural, but it was a good step in the right direction.

Silatuyok

Treated myself to some snacks today that I don't usually indulge in: Peach Snapple tea, microwave mac n cheese, a box of Christmas Nerds, Biscoff cookies. Don't worry, I'll get some fruits and veggies in too.