The "I should have said" thread.

mmmm

This is a safe place for us to say all the things we wish we could have said in real life.

Anything goes.

E.g. "You look very lovely today. We should totally do it sometime."

"No, silly. I'm not quiet. I just prefer to talk to people who reply out of the mouth where
the food goes in."

ha, where to began.
I will start with, since it is so early, only this:

"No, I will not be there today, I do not feel well"

Instead I said:
"Sure, be right there"

Sigh.

emerald_star733

this is in the past now as i have healed and moved on... but.. in the past many years ago.. when i was in a very bad relationship... and my first love called and asked if i was happy.. and my heart wanted to tell him no and run to him as i had never stopped loving him... but due to my undying loyalty to the one i was with as i am a very loyal person... i lied and said yes, i am happy as i felt it would be wrong to say otherwise.. and a week later my first love died in a horrible accident , his funeral was the day before my birthday, and the horrible one i was with broke up with me on my birthday anyway after 5 years of being together.. i was left wondering what might have been if i had of told my first love how i felt, i wonder if maybe he would not have died, especially since the other jerk broke up with me anyway... so that was the worst time of my life..... alone, mourning the death, mourning the breakup, and wanting to die.. on my "birth"day...

DespairSoul

this is in the past now as i have healed and moved on... but.. in the past many years ago.. when i was in a very bad relationship... and my first love called and asked if i was happy.. and my heart wanted to tell him no and run to him as i had never stopped loving him... but due to my undying loyalty to the one i was with as i am a very loyal person... i lied and said yes, i am happy as i felt it would be wrong to say otherwise.. and a week later my first love died in a horrible accident , his funeral was the day before my birthday, and the horrible one i was with broke up with me on my birthday anyway after 5 years of being together.. i was left wondering what might have been if i had of told my first love how i felt, i wonder if maybe he would not have died, especially since the other jerk broke up with me anyway... so that was the worst time of my life..... alone, mourning the death, mourning the breakup, and wanting to die.. on my "birth"day...

OMG so sad story. I dont know what to say. Is heart breaking what happend to you.Always if i would have birthday i will be upset because of that. I know u should be strong and move on but this is damnn hard. I was losing dad if i was 5 and i know was horrible feeling this one day after my birthday really! And was horrible for small child like me was something incredible i wasnt understanding that my dad dont come back anymore. I go over that after few years and now i dont feel nothing anymore after 20 years. Because i know was his fault because he was smoking a lot and he could stay if he will maybe live more healthy. Maybe i think he is failure and thats why my emotions isnt no more alive. True is that time heal sad things. Be strong EMERALD! Im sorry that i start also my story i want only tell u that i know how is that painful.

emerald_star733

OMG so sad story. I dont know what to say. Is heart breaking what happend to you.Always if i would have birthday i will be upset because of that. I know u should be strong and move on but this is damnn hard. I was losing dad if i was 5 and i know was horrible feeling this one day after my birthday really! And was horrible for small child like me was something incredible i wasnt understanding that my dad dont come back anymore. I go over that after few years and now i dont feel nothing anymore after 20 years. Because i know was his fault because he was smoking a lot and he could stay if he will maybe live more healthy. Maybe i think he is failure and thats why my emotions isnt no more alive. True is that time heal sad things. Be strong EMERALD! Im sorry that i start also my story i want only tell u that i know how is that painful.

Thank you so much for your heartfelt thoughts. I truly am ok now, this was many years ago(almost 10). I am in a much better situation now. Love will always find you again if you believe in it. That situation will always haunt me though, i just wish i have of told him the truth, even if he would have died anyway at least he would have known that i still loved him.. but i guess love never really dies... it just grows, transforms and gets found again in new ways.. thank you for sharing your story too, that would have been so sad about your dad, i am so sorry for your loss as well. hugs to you beautiful soul:)

DespairSoul

Thank you so much for your heartfelt thoughts. I truly am ok now, this was many years ago(almost 10). I am in a much better situation now. Love will always find you again if you believe in it. That situation will always haunt me though, i just wish i have of told him the truth, even if he would have died anyway at least he would have known that i still loved him.. but i guess love never really dies... it just grows, transforms and gets found again in new ways.. thank you for sharing your story too, that would have been so sad about your dad, i am so sorry for your loss as well. hugs to you beautiful soul:)

Yes truth is always better. No matter what. But sometimes hurts more if u say true. Sometimes u lie because of fear to be hurted or make someone upset. I dont know if u could influence with saying truth his sad accident. Maybe? Is only big interrogation point because u feel somehow guilty coz u was lying and later happend what happend. U dont have to feel guilty about it. Love never really dies u are right only transforms and gets found again in new ways this u wrote wonderful. Thank u for kind words and hugs back::p:

Very sad. Very sorry you had to go through that. I am glad to see you have healed and moved on. It must still plaque your thoughts. Something better to say I have not. Never hesitate to drop us line if fallen into plaguing thoughts, we'll try and help where we can.

*Amy*

Many things I should have said to different people:

"Hey! What's up?"
"Are you feeling all right?"
"I'm sorry"
"There are some things I don't like about you"
"I don't agree with you"
"Well, I think that..."

And many more

emerald_star733

Very sad. Very sorry you had to go through that. I am glad to see you have healed and moved on. It must still plaque your thoughts. Something better to say I have not. Never hesitate to drop us line if fallen into plaguing thoughts, we'll try and help where we can.

I can feel your sincerity... much appreciated and i will definately remember, thank you, and likewise if ever in need....

Snowdrop

Lots of things I could've said as well.

"I don't like you being that way, it makes me uncomfortable. If you don't change, we'll have to do something about it."

"Hi, so what have you been up to?" :)

if I think of more, I'll add...

There are also many things which I SHOULDN'T have said

SonicMan

"Hi, how ya doing?"
"Fantastic."
"How was your holiday?"
"How did you do that?"
"What is your name?"
"I don't like that."
"I am afraid."
"I have that too."
"I feel the same way."
"I can't do that day."
"No."

Kiwong

I can probably think of more things I shouldn't have said, by speaing out loud before thinking things through.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
"hey, are you ok?" When I saw this girl trip in the snow this morning. Instead I just stood their frozen, staring.

MsBuzzkillington

I went to a career fair the other day. Things I should have sad...

Do you have any questions
Me: YES!

Instead I just shook my head and kept walking. I thought about 500 things I could have said to the person behind the booth of the jobs I was interested in. But no... I just walked passed.

lunarla

In a certain circumstance, there's a lot of things that I shouldn'ttttt have said.

Other than that, I think I should be quicker to appreciate and sayyyy that to people in my family.