The "I should have said" thread.

To the fat kid in 5th grade who yelled hurry up whitey out the window to get on the school bus, instead of "shut up", I should have said why don't you hurry up and have that baby you've been carrying all these years.

MaliceInWickedland

I'll never forget this one as long as I live... About 3 weeks before my grandmother was diagnosed with Glioblastoma, a very aggressive and deadly form of brain tumor, we were in Vegas and were heading towards our hotel room. To get there, we had to board an elevator, which was packed full of people and made my SA skyrocket, which tends to make me edgy and irritable. I don't know what happened but my grandmother suddenly stopped and looked around in confusion like she didn't know what was going on. Me, surrounded by people and getting edgier by the second, yelled out to her in Spanish "Why are you standing there like an idiot? Get in here!" and she didn't, she still stood there in some sort of trance so I had to exit and push her inside. My mom was annoyed too so she didn't yell at me for doing so.

When we finally got to the hotel room, my mom and I started questioning my grandmother, who kept asking what happened in the elevator because she supposably went blind and couldn't see anything. Me, still annoyed with her, told her "You're f****** crazy and useless."

When we returned home from Vegas, she kept acting weird so my mom took her to see her idiot psychologist who said nothing was wrong and that her Thorazine (my grandmother was diagnosed with Schizophrenia) was having a side effect on her. Her behavior worsened and my mom, fearing my grandmother was having a nervous breakdown, took her for an MRI scan of her brain, and it turned out she had Glioblastoma, which took her life within 6 months. We figured that her episode back in Vegas was because of the massive tumor putting pressure on her brain.

Had I known she had a brain tumor when I yelled at her at the hotel, I would have said:
"I love you and I'm sorry for taking you for granted all my life."