The Holy Bible

neko

Re: the holy bible

Well that is very good for you. I wish it was that simple to me. I don't believe in anything and I can't believe in anything either. I tried to (read about many different religions) but my mind questions everything and I can't.

I'm an atheist but I won't get into the religious debate and I'm glad the bible can help you, you're a lucky one.

Pookah

I don't like how the religious and atheists want to convert everyone/ tell them they are wrong and only that they know the absolute truth.

There are many scientific things we don't understand. Until we ourselves are omnipotent and flying around the unknown bits of the universe (until they are known) I don't think we can say certain things as if they are fact.

^^Yeah I agree. We all have our own ways of finding happiness. Mine just happens to be reading about Buddha/Jesus/Confucius etc.

We're only on this planet for a short time, lets stop fighting and just enjoy life :)

Thelema

I decided to move the off topic posts to the off topic forum.

I might have accidentally jumbled up the sequence of posts when I moved them.

Thelema

I don't like how the religious and atheists want to convert everyone/ tell them they are wrong and only that they know the absolute truth.

There are many scientific things we don't understand. Until we ourselves are omnipotent and flying around the unknown bits of the universe (until they are known) I don't think we can say certain things as if they are fact.

No, you have it wrong. Atheism is lack of belief, it doesn't claim anything. Until you have a belief, you're an atheist. Right now, you're an atheist to Grobax, the Ogre that lives on Neptune.

I take atheism a step further and claim the Christian God doesn't exist. I don't need to fly around the Universe to say that the Christian God doesn't exist, I simply need to know that:

A. The Bible makes a claim

B. The claim is proven false

C. God would not make a false claim, because he knows everything and can do anything. Therefore, the Christian God doesn't exist.

That logic is simple and lets me make such a claim without having super powers. Does that mean that somewhere in the Universe a being or race of beings that are so awesome that we would call them gods doesn't exist? No, like you said, I can't know everything in the Universe. That's why I don't make the claim. I know that one God tho, the Christian one, doesn't exist.

We can use the same simple logical steps on all the Gods and you know what? They all fall short. There is absolutely no reason for you or me or anyone else to give the Bible God any more credibility than any other fairytale character.

Last edited: