The Holy Bible

Re: the holy bible

it's comforting to know we wont be in the eternal hellfire for one.
question to you. what do you think is after death?

you obviously don't have heaven to look forward to. so you just think your mind goes black for the rest of time? wander the earth as a ghost? get reborn again,
fly through the cosmos as a spec of light until you go fast enough to create your own universe? i've heard all teh stories.
Heaven to me makes sence. a place after you go. God will take us in and care for us because we are his children.

i'm sure you've thought about it yourself. i'm sure everyone in the world has thought about it, what heaven would be like.
well breaking it down. it's a pretty awesome thing. that you wont ever get a chance to see because you are trying to disprove God.

we don't go to your door knocking as asking you to convert.
infact you are saying to us, not to push our views unto you, which we havn't done. and meanwhile you are trying to push your views of disbeliefe unto us. which is kinda hypicritical. your telling us, in multiple posts now, why we shouldn't believe in God. i can say the same to you, i can tell you reasons why you should buy me a new laptop computer.
Either way you look at it, Right now, in these posts, you guys are being much more irrational, and unreasonable, and Offtopic.

I’d rather face death with a rational notion, I’m not afraid of becoming nothing when I die. This is the beauty of the universe, it’s one big giant recycling plant. This alone is why I never believed in god. In 5 billion years time the sun will go nova and god will not exist. Religious people can’t comprehend not existing after death, it’s hell to them. Religious people are selfish, and why? They seek immortality; they believe that 60-70 years is not enough time to experience the universe.

If your right, and there is a heaven, then I’d rather not be there. The place has to exist within the boundaries of science. You could say god made it, however, what made your god?

“We don't go to your door knocking as asking you to convert. In fact you are saying to us, not to push our views unto you, which we haven’t done.”

I was baptized as a baby, my name is on the church register, this is added to my information that banks and workplaces collect. I was forced to pray at school, the teachers would force our hands together. I was given a bible for my leaving day gift at school by a priest in front of a hundred people. It would make me look rude to refuse at the time, so I respected. Many governments are also founded on religion. Religion is shoved in your face without even knowing it. Christianity is the Microsoft of religions; Windows is on mostly every computer out there.

Noca

Banned

I'd like to also point out that I'm not the one saying people are going to a place of eternal torment. How do you live with yourself believing such a place exists? Would you feel comfortable living in eternal bliss knowing that there are literally billions, likely some family members as well, on the other side? How can you worship such a beast?

Another thing I almost forgot. Since these beliefs take faith, and faith alone.. Why do you spend that faith on such a disgusting thing?

ditto, thats why I said before that God(according to his claimed own "word"(bible)) has said, he has to be the most selfish being that ever existed.

Noca

Banned

I’d rather face death with a rational notion, I’m not afraid of becoming nothing when I die. This is the beauty of the universe, it’s one big giant recycling plant. This alone is why I never believed in god. In 5 billion years time the sun will go nova and god will not exist. Religious people can’t comprehend not existing after death, it’s hell to them. Religious people are selfish, and why? They seek immortality; they believe that 60-70 years is not enough time to experience the universe.
I cant wait to cease to exist! :) I have thought about heaven, and if it is eternity, if you think about it, who really wants to live forever? If you ask a 100 year old man if he wants to live another 100 years, his answer is almost ALWAYS "NO". Even if heaven was full of everything I liked, eventually I would get bored of everything I liked because ive done it infinite times for infinite years. BORING! ugh its like eating my favourite food a 100 times in a row, eventually it tastes like cardboard.

I cant wait to cease to exist! :) I have thought about heaven, and if it is eternity, if you think about it, who really wants to live forever? If you ask a 100 year old man if he wants to live another 100 years, his answer is almost ALWAYS "NO". Even if heaven was full of everything I liked, eventually I would get bored of everything I liked because ive done it infinite times for infinite years. BORING! ugh its like eating my favourite food a 100 times in a row, eventually it tastes like cardboard.

That's why we have to be grateful for the here & now. We have formed out of billions of atoms to experience life this way. Sort of like a holiday. This is heaven, the creation of life, the randomness of it all. When the universe tears apart, our molecules will tear with it. It’s like a piece of music.

I don’t want to come across as a jerk, but you people haven’t given a sound reason for god, other than, - I feel him and the universe would be dull without him. – You have the most convenient belief, which can’t be proven or disproved, how can you beat that? Only death will tell the answer, which will be an answer you will not be able to see or hear.

Noca

Banned

That's why we have to be grateful for the here & now. We have formed out of billions of atoms to experience life this way. Sort of like a holiday. This is heaven, the creation of life, the randomness of it all. When the universe tears apart, our molecules will tear with it. It’s like a piece of music.

Too many analogies and abstract language to understand what you wrote but im sure you meant well :)

Noca

Banned

The selfish theyre all standing in line...
Faith in their hope and to buy themselves time.
Me, I figure as each breath goes by,
I only own my mind.

getbornagain

I presumed you're like the rest of them - thinking you know a special little secret the rest of us don't only because you get a good feeling when you pray. So am I wrong? Do you simply follow religion for consolation, then? Are you admitting that you've never had any sort of contact with god? If that's the case, why do you stick with it? Simply for the sake of having faith in something? Is it because of fear? Wanting to feel secured in the afterlife just in case hell happens to be real? Why?

Because I like the idea that there is something greater than a 9-5 Monday-Friday x 80 years. Is that an understandible train of thought? Should I be a neurotic buzzkill all the time like yourself?

I am not flaming on you for being an atheist, but when you generalize all 'believers' into one category I take direct offense to it. I'm not forcing anything upon you, so spare me your disbelief.

NothingElseMatters

So am I wrong? Do you simply follow religion for consolation, then? Why?

i believe religions were made for guidance of people but they turned into this manipulative useless ****
when someone realizes that the same people who teach them are the same who make this world the place that it is then that person is gonna understand how unhealthy believing in one religion is.
But if someone needs religion to communicate then its ok as long as he doesn't try to convince me

I have a penis and two balls underneath it, sista.

don't we all

The universe is such an amazing place, and I think if god exists

bu god IS the universe and it is everything around us.lets not even call it god anymore lol!Not the white bearded righteous old man that chooses who goes to heaven or hell.That's the mistake that most people and religions do.They think they know what this great power around us is.And they have given it a name(god) and now they think they own it?And they fight and kill for it.

p.s justice in the world?there is no such thing.look around.god isn't fair simply because god isn't a person that judges

worrywort

[damn! why can I never resist posting on threads about god!!!?:confused:]

I just wanted to dispell this myth that there is no evidence for the God of the Bible. Personally I'm a christian, first and foremost, for intellectual reasons. I've studied the evidence and I believe it weighs far more in favour of God.

Here's a list of some reasons I posted on another thread;
http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/whats-your-belief-18961/page-3/#post175851

and here's a bunch of sources you can check out that discuss the evidences for God.

Does God Exist?
Answers for Atheists and Agnostics
Dailymotion - The Cosmological Argument for the Existence of God 1of2 - a Tech & Science video
Dailymotion - The Cosmological Argument for the Existence of God 2of2 - a Tech & Science video
ravi zacharias - Google Videos
David Asscherick

hope this helps!

Thelema

I just wanted to dispell this myth that there is no evidence for the God of the Bible. Personally I'm a christian, first and foremost, for intellectual reasons. I've studied the evidence and I believe it weighs far more in favour of God.

and here's a bunch of sources you can check out that discuss the evidences for God.

Does God Exist?
Dailymotion - The Cosmological Argument for the Existence of God 1of2 - a Tech & Science video
Dailymotion - The Cosmological Argument for the Existence of God 2of2 - a Tech & Science video
David Asscherick

hope this helps!

Since the original poster is okay with this turning in to a general religious thread..

I will refute, point by point, all evidence that you give.

I've been looking in to religious claims and the problem they. I'm confidant that no piece of religious evidence stands up to scrutiny.

Ericisme

That's good. People the Bible always translate it into what they think it means, that's why you have so many people seperated on it. Same goes with Muslims, some read it and see it's ok to kill themselves, while the majority see that it's wrong.

So it's good that it helps you.

BAVYARD, I've seen Christian sites that say Social Anxiety is a sin agianst God. Others simple help them, then again, maybe they help them so they're not sinning(?). So, like I said. It all depends on how the READER TRANSLATES IT. Some see it's OK to kill people working at an abortion clinic, some see it as guidance in their life, etc.

I personally am probably Atheist, if anything. Maybe slightly Agnostic. Eithere there is no god, or IF there is a god, he's NOT any of the major religions gods. Them gods are just.... wrong. (send your children to hell for 1 mistake? WTF Among SOO many things that make them wrong)

OMG, and something I just realized. WTF is the point for us HAVING to WORSHIP him? He's a damn God?! Why does he need that?! We're his CHILDREN, just let us live, die, and all go to heaven, unless they're ACTUALLY bad people, no, let the bad people go to heaven too. Don't make a DAMN hell! (WTF) Wait, why are we even alive? Why not just go to heaven??? Why even make us? Man is the worse thing to happen to this planet!

But, if it helps you, then good, keep following it, I guess, just KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, and we're fine. There are positives to religion, just... the negatives outweigh the positives.

Does God Exist?
David Asscherick

hope this helps!

“I just wanted to dispel this myth that there is no evidence for the God of the Bible. Personally I'm a Christian, first and foremost, for intellectual reasons. I've studied the evidence and I believe it weighs far more in favour of God.”

I believe you can find similar roots to Christianity that’s also within the scientology cult, it’s still relatively new. I just wonder, in 2000 years time, will people be debating the evidence for the Church of Scientology? Maybe they will write their own bible, make ludicrous claims about a Galactic Overlord casting down aliens into the volcano. With the rate at which it is growing, in a thousand years time there will be someone like you who will be trying to prove the church’s claims are real. To find truth in your own religion, look to the new and see it to the future.

We all know that L Ron Hubbard created the cult to gain profits, and look at its growth today. He was a sci-fi writer; he knew how to hijack other peoples imaginations, which is where god lives.

"I'd like to start a religion. That's where the money is." - L. Ron Hubbard to Lloyd Eshbach, in 1949; quoted by Eshbach in OVER MY SHOULDER: REFLECTIONS ON A SCIENCE FICTION ERA, Donald M. Grant Publisher. 1983

"MAKE MONEY. MAKE MORE MONEY. MAKE OTHER PEOPLE PRODUCE SO AS TO MAKE MORE MONEY." - L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 9 March 1972, MS OEC 384

"THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN CONTROL PEOPLE IS TO LIE TO THEM. You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way you can control anybody is to lie to them." - L. Ron Hubbard, "Off the Time Track," lecture of June 1952, excerpted in JOURNAL OF SCIENTOLOGY issue 18-G, reprinted in TECHNICAL VOLUMES OF DIANETICS & SCIENTOLOGY, vol. 1, p. 418

I’d check out your links, but most likely they are full of conjecture not supporting any real evidence.

Last edited:

mmmm

WTF is the point for us HAVING to WORSHIP him? He's a damn God?! .

I choose to believe that God is the source of and the energy behind all the good fabluous wonderful stuff in the world. I don't really bother with all the religious stuff, I just try to be fabulous in as many ways as I can and I often fail miserably. The point is, I worship love and happiness and all the greeting card things that I believe God is. I do this more for myself than for God as a way of putting my focus onto the good things in my life.