The Holy Bible

jameshable

Re: the holy bible

What's the moral of the story? People have different opinions and beliefs, get over it.

If we were talking politics, or basically anything else, you wouldn't care if we're debating something. I honestly want to hear one good reason out of anyone here, as to why they take their religion to be true aside from sheer consolation. I'm talking to the closed minded hard headed ones, not the rest of them.

As a side note, I respect spiritual people much more than religious ones. The ones that claim to know god and his intentions, I tend to have a problem with.

Last edited:

this_portrait

If we were talking politics, or basically anything else, you wouldn't care if we're debating something.

Oh, believe me, I've seen many debates about politics that are very similar to debates about religion. Just different subjects.

durda_dan

everybody likes scientific proof. i remember once one of my teachers told me, If there was no science, there would be no religion, and vise versa. becvause why need to prove something if you don't believe anything. i remember it stuck with me.

banvard: the Holy book was man written, but the events in the book ar enot man made but rather spiritually made. it wasn't a change of ideas that happened, But rather jesus coming to people and setting the story straight, God is an all loving creator, not a vengful master.

noca: i'm sory to hear religion has "ruined your life". but it has done nothing but help me. and it has helped other people.

and i can't remember who said i am trying to say there is only one relgions:
i clearly stated, i don't care what religion someone is, but i think God is an important part of everybodies life. It doesn't matter if you believe in a Giant PSP in the sky, so long as you believe in something.
whether it be christianity, jewdaism, hindu, buddhist, or a magical leprachaun named franklin.

the point of this topic isn't whether or not religion is real, But that it is helping me. and *if* you are religious, i would pick up a bible and try to read it.

Giordano Bruno, born Filippo Bruno (1548 – February 17, 1600), was an Italian philosopher, mathematician, astronomer, and occultist best known as a proponent of heliocentrism and the infinity of the universe. His cosmological theories went beyond the Copernican model in identifying the sun as just one of an infinite number of independently moving heavenly bodies. He was burned at the stake by secular authorities in 1600 after the Roman Inquisition found him guilty of heresy. After his death he gained considerable fame; in the 19th and early 20th centuries, commentators focusing on his astronomical beliefs regarded him as a martyr for free thought and modern scientific ideas.

Truly all the answers to mankind's problems are in the holy scriptures. It is not the book, the Bible, per se that is going to help you. However, it is the words in that book, called the Bible, which is what is going to help you. Because those words are "...God breathed..."; therefore they are truth and life. And the knowing of the truth "...will set you free..."

Secondly, the scriptures made it clear that without faith it is impossible to please God. So just reading the scriptures is not enough. A person has to believe what it is saying and conform his/her way of thinking to be in line with its disciplines. Then, the chains of OCD or anything else which binds you will start to become loose and ultimately be broken. The battle is truly in the MIND and HEART.

Finally, it would be amiss of me, given what I just said, if I did not give out an invitation to come and have a personal relationship with the "...the God of men..." through his Son Jesus (the Anointed One). All you have to do is believe and ask him to come into your life by saying this simple prayer: "Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God and that you died and rose again on the third day, and are now sitting at the right-hand of the Father. I ask you to forgive me and to wash me of all my sins. Thank you Lord. Amen"

____________________________________________________________________________________
:eek:GET! The Technique To Kill Every Panic Attacks-GUARANTEED!!

Truly all the answers to mankind's problems are in the holy scriptures. It is not the book, the Bible, per se that is going to help you. However, it is the words in that book, called the Bible, which is what is going to help you. Because those words are "...God breathed..."; therefore they are truth and life. And the knowing of the truth "...will set you free..."

Secondly, the scriptures made it clear that without faith it is impossible to please God. So just reading the scriptures is not enough. A person has to believe what it is saying and conform his/her way of thinking to be in line with its disciplines. Then, the chains of OCD or anything else which binds you will start to become loose and ultimately be broken. The battle is truly in the MIND and HEART.

Finally, it would be amiss of me, given what I just said, if I did not give out an invitation to come and have a personal relationship with the "...the God of men..." through his Son Jesus (the Anointed One). All you have to do is believe and ask him to come into your life by saying this simple prayer: "Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God and that you died and rose again on the third day, and are now sitting at the right-hand of the Father. I ask you to forgive me and to wash me of all my sins. Thank you Lord. Amen"

____________________________________________________________________________________
:eek:GET! The Technique To Kill Every Panic Attacks-GUARANTEED!!

WOW, you opened my eyes to god, I’ve truly found him; he's slacking off playing The Sims.

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)
Evil Bible Home Page

How can the bible make people feel good?

The scripture you quoted in Deuteronomy is the reason why Jesus (the Anointed One) came. That was a decree by God because they were leaving under the Law and the it was very harsh against sin. Now, through Jesus people have been given grace, not to commit sin and serve other gods, because through mercy come to God the Father, by believe on Jesus as his son, and receiving forgiveness of sins (e.g., serving other gods, ect.) and receiving eternal life (being born again)

The scripture you quoted in Isaiah, I know that you know that you took it out of context, in order to make your point that the Bible is evil. A person, anybody, all he/she has to do is go back and read the whole book of Isaiah up to that chapter and they will get in what context that statement is being said in that particular passage.

Take care

getbornagain

If we were talking politics, or basically anything else, you wouldn't care if we're debating something. I honestly want to hear one good reason out of anyone here, as to why they take their religion to be true aside from sheer consolation. I'm talking to the closed minded hard headed ones, not the rest of them.

As a side note, I respect spiritual people much more than religious ones. The ones that claim to know god and his intentions, I tend to have a problem with.

Because I want to believe in something? Your belief in nothing is the exact same scenario. Replace God with nothing.

getbornagain

PREACH IT SISTA!!!

Whether we're Muslim, Hindu, Christian, Atheist, White, black, man or woman...we're all the same race, we're all human, let's just set aside our differences and love each other!!!

And as a side not...just because you have the freedom to question someone's beliefs doesn't mean you should :)

I have a penis and two balls underneath it, sista.

The scripture you quoted in Deuteronomy is the reason why Jesus (the Anointed One) came. That was a decree by God because they were leaving under the Law and the it was very harsh against sin. Now, through Jesus people have been given grace, not to commit sin and serve other gods, because through mercy come to God the Father, by believe on Jesus as his son, and receiving forgiveness of sins (e.g., serving other gods, ect.) and receiving eternal life (being born again)

The scripture you quoted in Isaiah, I know that you know that you took it out of context, in order to make your point that the Bible is evil. A person, anybody, all he/she has to do is go back and read the whole book of Isaiah up to that chapter and they will get in what context that statement is being said in that particular passage.

Take care

I don’t care that it’s out of context, it’s still written by man & not god. It just proves how man can adapt & add to a story to suit his own beliefs. You could give the Old Testament a certificate of 18 – for adult readers, and the New Testament a certificate of PG -for young people . Let’s call it a remake with less wrath and torture.

jameshable

Because I want to believe in something? Your belief in nothing is the exact same scenario. Replace God with nothing.

I don't claim to know there is nothing, I lack belief in the exact same way that I lack belief for santa clause, unicorns, or other religions. I simply say that if you can't prove it, why stick to it? Even if it is a possibility and impossible to disprove, i'm not going to worship something simply for that reason.

You claim to know god. These two mindsets are far from the same.

Last edited:

I don't claim to know there is nothing, I lack belief in the exact same way that I lack belief for santa clause, unicorns, or other religions. I simply say that if you can't prove it, why stick to it? Even if it is a possibility and impossible to disprove, i'm not going to worship something simply for that reason.

Children believe in Santa Claus because mostly their parents encourage it & it’s impossible not to celebrate Christmas in the western world. What I find interesting is at some point the children stop believing. They grow to understand how it works, but they still receive presents without having to believe. Why don’t children stop believing in god at the same age? Maybe it’s the fear of death, which god replaces, they don’t ever let go of that belief, and it’s a keep for the rest of their life until they figure out how that works.

jameshable

I forgot who this quote is by, but it fits the occasion nicely. I'll paraphrase it as I don't remember the exact words.

"Once you understand why you dismiss every other religion except the one you chose to stick with, then you will understand why I dismiss ALL of them".

Last edited:

I forgot who this quote is by, but it fits the occasion nicely. I'll paraphrase it as I don't remember the exact words.

"Once you understand why you dismiss every other religion except the one you chose to stick with, then you will understand why I dismiss ALL of them".

"If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia."

getbornagain

Where have I claimed this? Provide evidence.

jameshable

Where have I claimed this? Provide evidence.

I presumed you're like the rest of them - thinking you know a special little secret the rest of us don't only because you get a good feeling when you pray. So am I wrong? Do you simply follow religion for consolation, then? Are you admitting that you've never had any sort of contact with god? If that's the case, why do you stick with it? Simply for the sake of having faith in something? Is it because of fear? Wanting to feel secured in the afterlife just in case hell happens to be real? Why?

Last edited:

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I am Christian but will not place my faith entirely on a book written partly by humans. But I do believe that it is, in most cases, faithful to the Word of God.
Misconception often develops around things said in the bible, because someone does not understand the bible to it's full deep. To claim that the bible is evil is to not understand it.
Some claims have been made against the bible, and with proper research from primary and secondary sources, I have discovered that these claims were indeed misinterpretations. I believe that some things in the bible may be beyond many of us.
I have not read the bible through, but when I do, I won't simply aim to read it, but to understand it in it's entirety.

"If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia."

And it's rather enjoyable! ::p:

durda_dan

I presumed you're like the rest of them - thinking you know a special little secret the rest of us don't only because you get a good feeling when you pray. So am I wrong? Do you simply follow religion for consolation, then? Are you admitting that you've never had any sort of contact with god? If that's the case, why do you stick with it? Simply for the sake of having faith in something? Is it because of fear? Wanting to feel secured in the afterlife just in case hell happens to be real? Why?

it's comforting to know we wont be in the eternal hellfire for one.
question to you. what do you think is after death?

you obviously don't have heaven to look forward to. so you just think your mind goes black for the rest of time? wander the earth as a ghost? get reborn again,
fly through the cosmos as a spec of light until you go fast enough to create your own universe? i've heard all teh stories.
Heaven to me makes sence. a place after you go. God will take us in and care for us because we are his children.

i'm sure you've thought about it yourself. i'm sure everyone in the world has thought about it, what heaven would be like.
well breaking it down. it's a pretty awesome thing. that you wont ever get a chance to see because you are trying to disprove God.

we don't go to your door knocking as asking you to convert.
infact you are saying to us, not to push our views unto you, which we havn't done. and meanwhile you are trying to push your views of disbeliefe unto us. which is kinda hypicritical. your telling us, in multiple posts now, why we shouldn't believe in God. i can say the same to you, i can tell you reasons why you should buy me a new laptop computer.
Either way you look at it, Right now, in these posts, you guys are being much more irrational, and unreasonable, and Offtopic.

jameshable

it's comforting to know we wont be in the eternal hellfire for one.
question to you. what do you think is after death?

you obviously don't have heaven to look forward to. so you just think your mind goes black for the rest of time? wander the earth as a ghost? get reborn again,
fly through the cosmos as a spec of light until you go fast enough to create your own universe? i've heard all teh stories.
Heaven to me makes sence. a place after you go. God will take us in and care for us because we are his children.

i'm sure you've thought about it yourself. i'm sure everyone in the world has thought about it, what heaven would be like.
well breaking it down. it's a pretty awesome thing. that you wont ever get a chance to see because you are trying to disprove God.

we don't go to your door knocking as asking you to convert.
infact you are saying to us, not to push our views unto you, which we havn't done. and meanwhile you are trying to push your views of disbeliefe unto us. which is kinda hypicritical. your telling us, in multiple posts now, why we shouldn't believe in God. i can say the same to you, i can tell you reasons why you should buy me a new laptop computer.
Either way you look at it, Right now, in these posts, you guys are being much more irrational, and unreasonable, and Offtopic.

I'm not trying to convert you, I'm honestly trying to get good responses out of you guys. I want to know what makes you tick. Yes I have definitely thought about death. My point of few on it, is to not make something up that sounds pleasing to me. That does not make it true. I want truth. The universe is such an amazing place, and I think if god exists, he would find it disrespectful to go down the path of "well this sounds good i'll roll with that".

I would like there to be a heaven, absolutely.. Who wouldn't? But talking about what you want, what might be, and what is, are 3 different things.

I'd like to also point out that I'm not the one saying people are going to a place of eternal torment. How do you live with yourself believing such a place exists? Would you feel comfortable living in eternal bliss knowing that there are literally billions, likely some family members as well, on the other side? How can you worship such a beast?

Another thing I almost forgot. Since these beliefs take faith, and faith alone.. Why do you spend that faith on such a disgusting thing?

Last edited: