The Holy Bible

durda_dan

noca: you say God is murderer.
The old testament and the new testament are different books, in the old testement, Mainly used by the jewish people God is quite an asshole. But that is a people interperations because they only saw him through a burning bush or orders to kill their child at the top of a mountain, which very well could be stretched fromt he truth by the time it was written because the old testament has a lot to do with morals and stories and contextual verses, rather than historical accuracy

but in the new testament, for catholics, Jesus proves to us all that God is not an asshole, But instead he is an all forgiving, all loving master.
the new testament didn't work with the jewish people because they have their set oppinion of God, while catholics listened to Jesus, and derived at a new concensus.

everybody:
I don't believe in God for an Easy answer, i believe in God because it's comforting when i am having trouble to have someone to talk to, someone who can always listen, i didn't pick up a bible and say now i will be cured. i picked it up to give me the courage, the strength and the lessons needed to chane my life. i never said it would be easy.

If you guys are atheists, i am sorry for you because it is written there will be an end of the world. and when it comes who will you side with.... especsially now you said God is selfesh, and a murderer, when shit hits the fan we will see who is looking for the easy route.

I love God. and i try to be the best catholic i can be.
and i don't care if you are buddhist like my girlfriend, or jewwish, or muslim, or any other religion out there, (mainly because int eh end it all boils down to one god, withthe exception of a few religions) but I think God is an important being in everyones life, and I feel sorry if you have never experienced it.

durda_dan

Re: the holy bible

The old testament and the new testament are different books, in the old testement, Mainly used by the jewish people God is quite an asshole. But that is a people interperations because they only saw him through a burning bush or orders to kill their child at the top of a mountain, which very well could be stretched fromt he truth by the time it was written because the old testament has a lot to do with morals and stories and contextual verses, rather than historical accuracy

but in the new testament, for catholics, Jesus proves to us all that God is not an asshole, But instead he is an all forgiving, all loving master.
the new testament didn't work with the jewish people because they have their set oppinion of God, while catholics listened to Jesus, and derived at a new concensus.

everybody:
I don't believe in God for an Easy answer, i believe in God because it's comforting when i am having trouble to have someone to talk to, someone who can always listen, i didn't pick up a bible and say now i will be cured. i picked it up to give me the courage, the strength and the lessons needed to chane my life. i never said it would be easy.

If you guys are atheists, i am sorry for you because it is written there will be an end of the world. and when it comes who will you side with.... especsially now you said God is selfesh, and a murderer, when shit hits the fan we will see who is looking for the easy route.

and i don't care if you are buddhist like my girlfriend, or jewwish, or muslim, or any other religion out there, (mainly because int eh end it all boils down to one god, withthe exception of a few religions) but I think God is an important being in everyones life, and I feel sorry if you have never experienced it.

i've noticed most people here are atheist??!!

I'm atheist. It's not a bad thing at all, really it isn't.

I think it's great that a lot of people look for consolation and therapy via the Bible and other holy books. It's really no different than reading a self-help book, other than the faith-based component of the former. I do wish I could believe in a higher being that watches over and protects me, but logic tells me otherwise. (I used to be a Christian.) I think as long as we are going to work hard to make ourselves and the world a better place, that's all that matters.

jameshable

It's tried and tested, it works! Why do you think people have been seeking out religion for thousands of years!

Because for some people it makes them feel good that they think they know god and the poor atheists don't. It's fine if you use the bible as a self help book. But as far as its stories and being the word of god, no thinking person would buy into that.

jameshable

I feel sorry that you don't realize there are many more religions than just christianity - all of which have people who sincerely believe their version of god is the real one. I feel sorry that you believe there is a hell for us horrible sinners who deserve nothing less than eternal torment. I feel sorry that you simply believe something because "it is written".

madmike

I don't really question the existance of God or wether or not Jesus was real! It's not relevant to me. What's important is picking up on the many lessons it tries to teach. Yeah of course... i use it as a self help book. But it's superior to most sef help books i've ever come across since it seems to have lessons and advice for everyone!

everybody:

How convenient that the New Testament was written because the people didn’t agree with the original word of God. That just proves it is a manmade religion.

"To disrespect another’s religion is to make the persons beliefs stronger or to make him doubt what he already believes. Both options are healthy."

Argamemnon

I don't respect people who try to force their beliefs on people, or insult those who disagree with them. Both atheists and religious people often exhibit the same behavior. I believe in God, and I don't need a lecture from an atheist about the "non-existence" of God, for example. I never preach myself, so I expect others to be just as respectful. I have absolutely no problem with either religious or atheist people as long as they are respectful. There are haters among believers and atheists...

You can of course have a civilized discussion about religion or evolution, but some people start preaching out of the blue, lol. On some other forum someone started insulting me as soon as he had heard that I believe in God. He immediately asked me why I believe in something that doesn't exist and that I'm a "moron" and so on. Of course, when someone does that I have to retaliate, and then things escalate, lol. I think it's important not to let anyone bully or intimidate you. While I'm a really nice person, I'm no pushover by any means. If someone insults me, I will insult them back, but I will never be the first to insult.....

Last edited:

I don't respect people who try to force their beliefs on people, or insult those who disagree with them. Both atheists and religious people often exhibit the same behavior. I believe in God, and I don't need a lecture from an atheist about the "non-existence" of God, for example. I never preach, so I expect others to be just as respectful. I have absolutely no problem with either religious or atheist people as long as they are respectful.

I agree with you, respect is a two-way street. It's unfortunate that a lot of people don't see it that way.

What do you expect when you put your beliefs out there to be attacked? Of course, everyone has the freedom of speech, but that always falls within right and wrong, to what’s acceptable, and what’s not. It depends what the majority believe, if the majority are atheist, it looks like an attack, if the majority believe in god, then it looks like they attack the atheists. Majorities can be wrong sometimes – (Germany – World War 2) but it most cases they represent what is right and true.

An atheist like me believes religion has too much influence on world events. I for one worry about the effect it has on society. Therefore, the urge is to attack, to be given a sound reason why someone believes all this nonsense. The planes that flew into the Twin Towers were not flown by atheists. If I were in the tower at the time, I would have died because of someone’s belief that god meant him or her to carry the act out. If your beliefs are so strong, then all this shouldn't bother you. Belief is personal, and putting it out there, it has to match what science says is possible. Which is met with debate and question. If you don’t have a strong argument for your beliefs, then you should be questioning them. I welcome you to attack my views.

Last edited:

Argamemnon

What do you expect when you put your beliefs out there to be attacked?
I don't. Stop defending bad behavior. Folowing your logic, I could ask the same question; what do you expect when you put your disbelief out there to be attacked? But like I said, I don't "put my belief out there" (whatever that means), although I have nothing to hide either. I have the freedom to practice my religion. Why did you assume that I "put my belief out there". You don't even know me. I don't preach like fanatical atheists like yourself.

Therefore, the urge is to attack, to be given a sound reason why someone believes all this nonsense.
Stop braying like the beast you have chosen to be. I don't have to give you any explanation or reason for being religious. It's none of your business. I don't give a shit about your views about my religion, but you don't have the right to bother me. Keep your atheist shit to yourself, I'm not interested in your disbelief, or whatever it is that you're passionate about. You consider my belief in God nonsense, while I consider your disbelief nonsense. The difference is that I don't act like you. Also, stop judging me by what others do. I'm only responsible for my own behavior. There are bad religious people and there are good religious people. There are bad atheists and there are good atheists. It's as simple as that.

Last edited:

Noca

Banned

everybody:

The entire bible is supposedly God's word, you can't pick and choose what you wish to believe, its either all or nothing. As for God in my life, I've already wasted 15 years on him and hes brought nothing but pain and depression to my life.

I don't. Stop defending bad behavior. Folowing your logic, I could ask the same question; what do you expect when you put your disbelief out there to be attacked? But like I said, I don't "put my belief out there" (whatever that means), although I have nothing to hide either. I have the freedom to practice my religion. Why did you assume that I "put my belief out there"? Didn't you read my previous post? I don't preach like fanatical atheists like yourself....

Stop braying like the beast you have chosen to be. I don't have to give you any explanation or reason for being religious. It's none of your ****ing business. I don't give a shit about your views about my religion. You don't have the right to bother me, just keep your shit to yourself. You consider my belief in God nonsense, while I consider your disbelief nonsense. But the difference is that I don't act like you. Finally, stop judging me by what others (some extremists) do.

I have the freedom to ask and question views that you post; you have the freedom not to answer and question my views. It’s healthy to redefine what you believe in. In replying to me, you’re engaging in debate. In which I now have to respond.

"Following your logic, I could ask the same question; what do you expect when you put your disbelief out there to be attacked?"

I can’t wrap my head around this question. Would you define it more?

jameshable

I won't reply to further nonsense.

You've hardly given real replies :p

It's okay to question what you've believed for whatever amount of time. It doesn't hurt to do so. Thinking never hurt anyone. I'm reluctant to say this out of respect, but you have not thrown the argument towards your view in the slightest bit. Now you're running away.

"You consider my belief in God nonsense, while I consider your disbelief nonsense."

I would love to hear why. Let's pretend for a moment that we were asking a less lofty question such as "what are those big fluffy things in the sky". .."Hey! What do you think those big fluffy looking things up there are?" "Well, those are huge pillows of course, hung up by invisible strings from the goblins in space. I know that because I have a good feeling that i'm correct." Rationalist - "Well in fact people have studied clouds and concluded that they are actually very tiny droplets of ice crystals so small that they hang suspended in the air."

Religious people seem so stuck in their delusion that they just can't climb back out of the hole they've dug themselves in. You have given absolutely no reason as to why being religious is a rational option for finding the answer to life. That goes back to when I said that religion is an easy answer. You people don't give a crap where we came from or how the universe formed. You're actually willing to pick up a man made book and call it a day.

Last edited:

What's the moral of the story? People have different opinions and beliefs, get over it.

PREACH IT SISTA!!!

Whether we're Muslim, Hindu, Christian, Atheist, White, black, man or woman...we're all the same race, we're all human, let's just set aside our differences and love each other!!!

And as a side not...just because you have the freedom to question someone's beliefs doesn't mean you should :)