Steampunk Con (Emerald City)

mismeek

I just made this bombass gun for my steampunk costume. I just wanted to show it off.. lol
1390724_10151951139637429_842414953_n.jpg

29539_10151951140142429_872319189_n.jpg

Lou-s-Darkness

That is so freaking cool lol....I'm a huge steampunk fan and that gun transformation seems wickedly neat and well made. Nice job it looks awesome! :)

btw how did u do those little details? I mean the small cogwheel and the nice metal detailing at the top? did you buy separate pieces that were previously trimmed and all or did u cut out the intricate metal design yourself?

Last edited:

mismeek

1383398_10151965918797429_1845493712_n.jpg

theres a front view

THANKS!!

My friend bought a bunch of clock pieces online. and i just glued that cog wheel and a smaller clock piece to a bolt i had hot glued on here. The gold triangle thing was a piece of jewelry.

on the front was an opener for a drawer and in the muzzle of the gun i put a piece from a candle holder and a small light bulb. I still need to over over it and clean it up a bit but im pretty excited. It was my first!

Hoppy

Oh man! that is awesome!!!!!

And there is a Steampunk Con, I never knew. You just made my day.

A 3D printer is a machine that can print physical objects in 3 dimensions.

Very technical and you need to be able to do 3d cad drawings.

Flanscho

Cool gun.

If you nee further inspirations: at the WGT festival I go to each year are also always some steampunk people, with really awesome costumes too. So using an image search for "wgt steampunk" would also yield some great results.

mismeek

Thanks flansho.

This 3D printer sounds absolutely futuristic.. i just need to take one of those to the convention lol