Something GOOD That Happened Today!

SLikeSascha

Tomorrow is our National Day ... It's Saturday evening here and they already started the fireworks.
Not a big fan of the noise but the fireworks look really cool :)

I shamelessly bumped my own thread and that felt GOOD :D

Atta Lemur!

I went to a hibachi grill with my family today. I was a little nervous, but it turned out okay. The family sitting with us was pretty boring, or maybe my family is pretty crazy. I'm not so sure anymore. I also bought 9 boxes of Del Monte Fruit Chillers for a buck each! They are normally $3. Sweeeeeet. :cool:

B

Beatrice

Got a nice new pair of (expensive) Bolle sunglasses. Free :D because my family's in the business.... I always have trouble finding sunglasses that fit, but these fit perfectly! I LOVE them. They're my very early 21st birthday gift.

Also visited my future college (the VERY near future), and got an adorable little change purse that's a mini canvas bag keychain from L.L. Bean.

Had a healthy breakfast ;)

Been a pretty damn good day so far.

Phoenixx

Also visited my future college (the VERY near future), and got an adorable little change purse that's a mini canvas bag keychain from L.L. Bean.
^ What college, if you don't mind me asking? And nice new glasses you got. :)

Something good that happened for me today? Hm... I got paid while working at my aunt's today. That's always good. :)

EscapeArtist

I talked to 2 strangers, from craigslist but whatever. They were happy people. Happy people make me feel so great about being alive just to have happy people's happiness rub off on me a bit :)

coyote

Took the ferry over to Washington Island, met up with my girlfriend and her daughter

we went to Schoolhouse Beach - it was a beautiful day

I was not the oldest, flabbiest, or most pale person on the beach - and no one laughed or pointed at me!

I got in a decent 500 meter open-water swim and a half hour bike ride

and a sunburn

Steak on the grill, fresh green beans, and grilled potatoes/onions for dinner.

Then, a lovely ferry ride across Death's Door at sunset.

I really wish I could've stayed and not have to come back for work in the morning.

schoolhousebeach1.jpg

Last edited:

mikebird

Banned
Some GOOD Things That Happened Today!

Started afresh in yet another office!

I know what's gonna happen! They'll all know in the first few minutes that I don't say much and I could see everyone's happiness grind to a halt.

Before midday, someone left. The boss left, a bit later. After I managed to sum up enough tough, brazen effort to phone some people in a remote office oop north, the gears of my project were turning. I made some progress in a day.

A lovely bird made me a coffee, twice! I wish I could remember everyone's name. Can't ever address that one.

The traffic wasn't quite so bad on the way home