settling for women

Srijita52

"settle for less" ?

Perhaps you guys should stop having a list of expectations a girl must meet and you'll have less obstacles when looking for a girlfriend. Be more open minded, it won't hurt :/
Doesn't everyone have expectations though. Girls do too. I think its natural that certain people are attracted to certain people. Its not rigid or black and white but its there.

Last edited:

MikeyC

Doesn't everyone have expectations though. Girls do too. I think its natural that certain people are attracted to certain people. Its not rigid or black or white but its there.
True. I am 100% not attracted to smoking, for example. It would take a very special girl to deal with cigarettes. :thumbdown:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I hate it when, in the middle of a conversation, somebody quick-draws a smartphone and all of a sudden you're talking to yourself and they're in their own little world playing candy crush or whatever. Very annoying.

Does that actually happen? The hell...? :eek:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Doesn't everyone have expectations though. Girls do too. I think its natural that certain people are attracted to certain people. Its not rigid or black and white but its there.

Oh no, I never said the OP should have no expectations.

The way he worded his post sounded like "I haven't met my supermodel, should I settle for the ugly girl that is less valuable?"

That stuff makes me very defensive. I apologize.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Why settle for women when you can have sexy sheep?

429179964_95e12aca2c.jpg

Odo

Banned
For some people relationships are as much to do with social status as they are to do with genuine chemistry. People want the 'alpha' because it validates them as a person... even though they would be happier with someone else. And the thing is, when they do achieve their goals, they also manage to lie to themselves about how happy they are... because they don't want to lose their 'prize'... as if relationships are a contest instead of a journey. Or they feel happy because of their victory, I guess.

I know people think they're immune to this but I'm pretty sure it has a bigger impact on who you're attracted to than a lot of people realize. We're not concrete beings and I think that certain lines of thought can even impact us on a physiological level.

I've made so many mistakes because of this type of thinking... and there was at least one girl that I seriously regret not pursuing because of it.

Last edited:

Srijita52

For some people relationships are as much to do with social status as they are to do with genuine chemistry. People want the 'alpha' because it validates them as a person... even though they would be happier with someone else. And the thing is, when they do achieve their goals, they also manage to lie to themselves about how happy they are... because they don't want to lose their 'prize'... as if relationships are a contest instead of a journey. Or they feel happy because of their victory, I guess.

I know people think they're immune to this but I'm pretty sure it has a bigger impact on who you're attracted to than a lot of people realize. We're not concrete beings and I think that certain lines of thought can even impact us on a physiological level.

I've made so many mistakes because of this type of thinking... and there was at least one girl that I seriously regret not pursuing because of it.
So true Odo. Where's the "like" button when you need it?

S_Spartan

Even the most attractive, successful, beautiful, intelligent alpha suffers from diarrhea from time to time. Hehe! Very humbling to remember that.

the thing i've noticed in this thread are that people aren't making a distinction between settling for someone/and having expectations.....Don't ever settle for anyone! i've been there and you only end up hurting that person in the end for deep down you don't really care for them enough to make it work.

On the other hand i don't have high expectations either...i'm not after a supermodel, i'm attracted to just the average looking girl, and always over-look the super hot ones. That doesn't mean i should go out with someone i'm not attracted to, as like i said it rarely works. For instance once i was quite desperate and "settled" for this girl that was on the larger side of weight...she was nice enough personality wise, but the physical attraction just wasn't there...i tried to make it work but in the end i just couldn't do it anymore. Don't let your desperation cloud your judgement as to who you are actually attracted to...and don't "settle" for someone in that hope that you could make it work.

the thing i've noticed in this thread are that people aren't making a distinction between settling for someone/and having expectations.....Don't ever settle for anyone! i've been there and you only end up hurting that person in the end for deep down you don't really care for them enough to make it work.

On the other hand i don't have high expectations either...i'm not after a supermodel, i'm attracted to just the average looking girl, and always over-look the super hot ones. That doesn't mean i should go out with someone i'm not attracted to, as like i said it rarely works. For instance once i was quite desperate and "settled" for this girl that was on the larger side of weight...she was nice enough personality wise, but the physical attraction just wasn't there...i tried to make it work but in the end i just couldn't do it anymore. Don't let your desperation cloud your judgement as to who you are actually attracted to...and don't "settle" for someone in that hope that you could make it work.

Yes. It is kinder to break up with someone, or better yet, not date them at all, because you're not attracted to them, than to string them along or lie to them when they could be with someone who really does want them. Settling only hurts both parties.

MikeyC

Does that actually happen? The hell...? :eek:
It's not always Candy Crush. ;)

Even the most attractive, successful, beautiful, intelligent alpha suffers from diarrhea from time to time. Hehe! Very humbling to remember that.
They have alpha pills, though, which are superior to my beta pills. ::p:

When I was with Fiona, I recall someone telling me that I deserve someone hotter. I thought that was nice, but I already thought Fiona was pretty hot. :thinking: I guess they thought I was settling, but I didn't feel it. We are all attracted to more than looks.

Kiwong

When I was younger, my **** ruled me more than my heart. I can see that now. I was pretty shallow in my selections of girls to be interested in.

Dreamseller

Why not? I would. I'd rather be going out with a decent girl with an O.K. personality on a Saturday night than be at home saving myself for that dream girl that don't know I even exist.

Decent girl with an ok personality? Sounds pretty perfect to me :)

I settled for a date once. She was the friend of a cousin's girlfriend. She got my phone number from my cousin and called me and asked me out. I had only met her once and she was friendly and pretty. Well I was bored so I said yeah, sure, we'll go out. I went and got her at her house and we went to a football game at the high school for something to do. When it was over we went back to my house to raid my parents liquor cabinet and she saw my motorcycle outside and so we decided to go for a ride. At night. With no headlights. Just driving by the moon light on a cool, clear, fall night. Long story short, I wrecked the motorcycle and got a fractured skull (no helmet) and road rash and a trip to the hospital, she was fine because she landed on me and helped me skid across the pavement while I was wearing jeans and a T shirt. I settled for a date and wound up in the emergency room so approach settling for women with some caution.