settling for women

Jesushasomeoneforme

I have sa. It's much better than it used to be. I am looking for a girlfriend,but never attract the ones I'm interested in. Should I settle for less than what my heart desires?

Mayori

What I've found from experience is that you usually attract the type of girls you feel entitled to.

If you feel entitled to type of girls you're really attracted to, then I'd advice you to stick it out and leave space for her to come into your life.

If you feel the girls you're attracted to are above your level, then I'd advice you to either work on yourself a bit more till you feel entitled to them, or settle for less.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
"settle for less" ?

Perhaps you guys should stop having a list of expectations a girl must meet and you'll have less obstacles when looking for a girlfriend. Be more open minded, it won't hurt :/

Kiwong

Is it what your heart desires or something else? If it is other than your heart, then you are probably looking in all the wrong places.

Last edited:

Odo

Banned
Absolutely not.

If I were a girl, and found out that someone had 'settled' for me, I'd be pissed... I could have ended up with someone who actually liked me.

I would rather be alone forever than be with someone who 'settled' for me. I can think of nothing I would hate more.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I just think you have to be realistic.

Once you realize that nobody’s perfect, and that all relationships are work, it might open-up some possibilities you weren't noticing before.

That’s not to say that you should just take what you can get, but maybe by lowering your expectations and dating more people, you’ll find out that you’re more flexible in love than you thought.

But that’s just my two cents, and nobody ever called me the Love Doctor. :eek:mg:

BTW, it’s nice to see you’re still hanging around.

MikeyC

"settle for less" ?

Perhaps you guys should stop having a list of expectations a girl must meet and you'll have less obstacles when looking for a girlfriend. Be more open minded, it won't hurt :/
I think having some standards is a good thing, but there are some men out there that want the supermodels. Then again, I've seen women who only want the buff, six-foot-tall types, too, so I have seen it go both ways.

Why not? I would. I'd rather be going out with a decent girl with an O.K. personality on a Saturday night than be at home saving myself for that dream girl that don't know I even exist.

MikeyC

Why not? I would. I'd rather be going out with a decent girl with an O.K. personality on a Saturday night than be at home saving myself for that dream girl that don't know I even exist.
You'll have to define what an "okay" personality is. I've met visually stunning girls with the worst personalities, and that makes them completely undesirable. ::p:

You'll have to define what an "okay" personality is. I've met visually stunning girls with the worst personalities, and that makes them completely undesirable. ::p:

In my mind it's a girl who is easy to be around, one that you don't want to take her smartphone and toss it out the window going down the road just so she'll speak to you, one that you can have a 2 sided conversation with, one who don't start every sentence with "I". Just off the top of my head ha ha

MikeyC

In my mind it's a girl who is easy to be around, one that you don't want to take her smartphone and toss it out the window going down the road just so she'll speak to you, one that you can have a 2 sided conversation with, one who don't start every sentence with "I". Just off the top of my head ha ha
That's actually a pretty good answer, especially the smartphone thing. :thumbup:

Odo

Banned
Oh wait are we talking about being honest with ourselves or settling?
You should always be honest with yourself.

A lot of people would probably be a lot happier with someone who had more in common with them than someone who everyone wants. A lot of guys are pretty ridiculously naive about who they are and what kind of girl they could actually have a decent relatíonship with.

But you shouldn't date someone you don't even like just because you don't think you'll ever meet someone you do.

S_Spartan

Ha! That's what I'm looking for also. Tough to find. :crying:

That's actually a pretty good answer, especially the smartphone thing. :thumbup:

I hate it when, in the middle of a conversation, somebody quick-draws a smartphone and all of a sudden you're talking to yourself and they're in their own little world playing candy crush or whatever. Very annoying.

Boolean

You shouldn't settle for something you don't want. However, you should also be able to compromise certain things in a relationship. No one is going to find their ideal mate, but you can get very close. What are some qualities that are really important to you?
List these out on paper. Then list compromised qualities. These are something you are wishing to overlook in your partner for a relationship.

Example:
1. Integrity
2. Trust
3. Wit
4. Intelligence
5. Interest in Photography
6. Interest in Cinemas/Dramas

Compromised qualities:
1. Likes [insert band]
2. Hates bacon
3. Uses Colgate toothpaste
4. Brown Eyes
5. Size 7 shoes

I've found that if two people have the same values in a relationship, they can get quite far. In the end, that is what relationships are reduced to: what you value in life and how you go about it.

Last edited:

Steiner

I hate it when, in the middle of a conversation, somebody quick-draws a smartphone and all of a sudden you're talking to yourself and they're in their own little world playing candy crush or whatever. Very annoying.

That candy won't crush itself!

MikeyC

:kickingmyself: I hate this so much. Smartphones are handy tools when you need them but this is the absolute worst side-effect of people having them. It makes me feel unimportant and uninteresting when someone I'm talking to is on their phone while I talk to them. I guess the text they received couldn't have waited another minute, though. :veryangry:

Kiwong

Well I never really settled on anyone, and a whole generation of women voted with their feet.

:kickingmyself: I hate this so much. Smartphones are handy tools when you need them but this is the absolute worst side-effect of people having them. It makes me feel unimportant and uninteresting when someone I'm talking to is on their phone while I talk to them. I guess the text they received couldn't have waited another minute, though. :veryangry:

Yeah, really! I totally understand!