Scandinavia,

jonas89

Okay so Im don't know department this thread belongs to, so shoot me if in wrong place, But I have been a little curious who are from the scandinavian countries. which consist of fallowing countries for those that don't know is :

Finland
Sweden
Norway
Denmark
Iceland
Greenland
Faroe Islands
Aland Islands

Ég er frá Íslandi = Im from Iceland :)

lonely_drummer

I'm not from any Scandinavian countries but I am absolutely obsessed with all the places. I've been to Iceland, Denmark and Svalbard Norway and I am hoping to hit Sweden and Finland this summer. I'm so obsessed I really want to somehow gain citizenship in any Scandinavian country lol. Sorry if I sound lame but i just connect well with these places. I'm from Canada and honestly see more of a similarity with the Scandinavian cultures than with the US.

jonas89

I'm not from any Scandinavian countries but I am absolutely obsessed with all the places. I've been to Iceland, Denmark and Svalbard Norway and I am hoping to hit Sweden and Finland this summer. I'm so obsessed I really want to somehow gain citizenship in any Scandinavian country lol. Sorry if I sound lame but i just connect well with these places. I'm from Canada and honestly see more of a similarity with the Scandinavian cultures than with the US.

It's okay :) yeah I agree with you on that how similar Canada is to Scandinavia,

Nanita

Yay. You rock.

It is great uphere in the north.
As great as everywhere else :)

I´m from Denmark.

jonas89

I'm from Finland.

Even though Finland isn't actually a Scandinavian country. ;)

you're right actually neither is Iceland too,, the true Scandinavian countries are Sweden, Denmark and Norway, and the nordic countries are Iceland, Finland Greenland, Faroe Islands and Aland Islands
It has been and argue whether Iceland and Finland should be there, but I guess it's from the similar culture that we all share that's why we are taken in the picture I think :)

Felgen

Bare Norge, Sverige og Danmark er Skandinavia; resten regnes (sammen med Skandinavia) som de nordiske landene.

WeirdyMcGee

*Thread moved to social phobia regions
...no need to shoot anyone, though.
haha

My favourite boss was from Denmark.
Beautiful lady, so nice!

ronja

Hi
Im from denmark. I would love to chat with some of you scandies in here. Maybe even meet someday if we're not to scared :) :eek:

jonas89

Hi
Im from denmark. I would love to chat with some of you scandies in here. Maybe even meet someday if we're not to scared :) :eek:

That would be really interesting, I have always wanted to meet someone that I have known just from conversations on the internet :)

ronja

Oh come on scaredycat" :-D Okay i dont mean lets meet tomorrow, but it would be nice to meet someone who come from the same place as you, you know, feel the same as you, that you can relate to in that aspect anyway. Its nice to talk on the net an all, but still a less lonely felling to se eatchother face to face- wright? ::eek::

jonas89

I'm from Denmark, nice to see that there are actually a fair few scandinavian people in here. :)

it's,, also good to see that there are ppl from Denmark :D from the fact I might move there next year for studies for a few years :)

hoddesdon

Bare Norge, Sverige og Danmark er Skandinavia; resten regnes (sammen med Skandinavia) som de nordiske landene.

I do not speak Norwegian, but I can work out what that means:

Norway, Sweden and Denmark comprise Scandanavia; the other countries (along with Scandanavia) comprise the Nordic countries.

hoddesdon

Is it a status symbol to live in an area where there is 24-hour light\darkness in summer\winter? Do people who live above the Arctic Circle look down on those who don't?