Rejection stories

AGR

Please if you are a guy post your worst rejection stories here,there is a girl I have been thinking about for a while,she works at the supermarket,probably never noticed me,I have never aproached a girl before,and probably wont,but the thought passed in my head,its probably doomed from the start because its her place of work,a lot of guys must do this,better guys,I am not good enough,but just in case I would like to hear.

WeirdyMcGee

Oh, sure~

In grade 5, all of the girls in my class had 'crushes'.
I've never had a crush but I thought I should just pick someone I thought was a good person and tell them I did so that no one would think I was weird for not having a 'boyfriend' or whatever.

So, it was the last day of class in grade 5 and I pulled this boy away from his friends to talk and told him that I 'liked' him.
He stared at me for a long time then started laughing and turned around, telling his friends that I said I liked him.

I thought that would be the end of the teasing but grade 6 started and apparently, people didn't torment me enough; so they wrote mean things about me on the chalk board and made up songs about how stupid I was and how no boy would ever like me because I was ugly and stupid.
That boy also joined in regularly, teasing me; telling me that boys wouldn't date me because I'm ugly and flat chested and stupid for thinking anyone might like me.
The torment finally ended after grade 6 graduation, when we were transferred to a new school for grade 7.
I was in a class with none of my old classmates.

Thew kicker was that during grade 6, the boy I told I liked; dated my older cousin.
A not very attractive, obese, acne faced 15 year old.
They 'dated' for a whole month before she broke up with him because he was too young and didn't know what he was doing.
That cousin was my 'only friend', as well.
She only dated him because she thought I liked him.
Fortunately, I didn't give a ****.
I hated getting made fun of... but really didn't care if they 'dated'.

There's my first story of rejection!
There are many more worse ones, though. haha

HeadFace

I dont talk about this one very often.. Since it just feels degrading to talk about or think about...
But, my last girlfriend dumped me in front of her friends. Yup. She said she wanted to hang out so I walked to her high school, only to get dumped in front of all of her friends. She barely took notice in it. I just showed up and she was like "oh yeah, we're breaking up"
She even got her friend to record it.

Tiercel

Unfortunately I don't have any great rejection stories. In 3rd grade there was the girl (4th grade) who said I was cute, but too young. In 8th grade, just as I was about to ask the girl I had had a crush on for the past year and a half if she wanted to dance, the music stopped and the school dance was over. In high school, there was the friend (who I started to like as more than a friend) who completely avoided me as soon as I dropped a few hints to her. And in college, there was that lonely girl who freaked out and yelled at me to not talk to her anymore after class one day.

Mostly, though, I've avoided rejection by keeping my feelings to myself. Not that that's much better, as each time a small part of me dies with thoughts of what could have been.

MaliceInWickedland

I dont talk about this one very often.. Since it just feels degrading to talk about or think about...
But, my last girlfriend dumped me in front of her friends. Yup. She said she wanted to hang out so I walked to her high school, only to get dumped in front of all of her friends. She barely took notice in it. I just showed up and she was like "oh yeah, we're breaking up"

:eek: :mad: ::(:
Wow... I don't even know that to say to that... I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

pinata

She got her friend to record it? That's crazy.. In a way she did you a favour though!

HeadFace

Unfortunately I don't have any great rejection stories. In 3rd grade there was the girl (4th grade) who said I was cute, but too young. In 8th grade, just as I was about to ask the girl I had had a crush on for the past year and a half if she wanted to dance, the music stopped and the school dance was over. In high school, there was the friend (who I started to like as more than a friend) who completely avoided me as soon as I dropped a few hints to her. And in college, there was that lonely girl who freaked out and yelled at me to not talk to her anymore after class one day.

Mostly, though, I've avoided rejection by keeping my feelings to myself. Not that that's much better, as each time a small part of me dies with thoughts of what could have been.
Yeah. Nowadays I kind of keep to myself, as a result of getting rejected a bunch. It's a bad thing though... It keeps me lonely as hell.
Oh, sure~

In grade 5, all of the girls in my class had 'crushes'.
I've never had a crush but I thought I should just pick someone I thought was a good person and tell them I did so that no one would think I was weird for not having a 'boyfriend' or whatever.

So, it was the last day of class in grade 5 and I pulled this boy away from his friends to talk and told him that I 'liked' him.
He stared at me for a long time then started laughing and turned around, telling his friends that I said I liked him.

I thought that would be the end of the teasing but grade 6 started and apparently, people didn't torment me enough; so they wrote mean things about me on the chalk board and made up songs about how stupid I was and how no boy would ever like me because I was ugly and stupid.
That boy also joined in regularly, teasing me; telling me that boys wouldn't date me because I'm ugly and flat chested and stupid for thinking anyone might like me.
The torment finally ended after grade 6 graduation, when we were transferred to a new school for grade 7.
I was in a class with none of my old classmates.

Thew kicker was that during grade 6, the boy I told I liked; dated my older cousin.
A not very attractive, obese, acne faced 15 year old.
They 'dated' for a whole month before she broke up with him because he was too young and didn't know what he was doing.
That cousin was my 'only friend', as well.
She only dated him because she thought I liked him.
Fortunately, I didn't give a ****.
I hated getting made fun of... but really didn't care if they 'dated'.

There's my first story of rejection!
There are many more worse ones, though. haha
Woah.. What the hell o_O I dont even know how you could recover from something like that :\ I'm sorry.
:eek: :mad: ::(:
Wow... I don't even know that to say to that... I'm so sorry you had to go through that.
Yeah. I nearly burst out into tears when I had to walk home after that.
She got her friend to record it? That's crazy.. In a way she did you a favour though!
I guess she did :\ I feel like a joke whenever I feel like someone could actually warm up to me now.

But to be honest, after a month we became friends again. And I was over her "like that". We were pretty good friends, for a while. But last April, she told me about how she dislikes me and being around me, and that I'm annoying and boring. She's also the one who called me ugly behind my back, and spread rumors that I'm a manwhore/player. |: I think that was the last true "real" friend I ever had.

I'm wondering why the rejection stories would help you. :confused:

No one has ever rejected me, because I've never made any social/romantic proposition to a woman. ::(:::p::rolleyes:

coyote

I'm wondering why the rejection stories would help you. :confused:

No one has ever rejected me, because I've never made any social/romantic proposition to a woman. ::(:::p::rolleyes:

that's why these stories help

it shows that you have nothing to worry about

go on - get out there - make a fool of yourself - get rejected

these stories prove that it won't kill you

at the very least, you'll be in good company

drganon

I've never been rejected.Being rejected would actually require me to get the courage up to even ask a girl out. Trying is the first step towards failure as the great philosopher Homer Simpson once said.

Invisibleman

Well it was grade 6 and there was this one girl I really liked,I liked her for about 3 years at the time. After countless nights practicing in the mirror I finally got the courage to ask her out.
I asked her when we were in silent reading and the teacher was out of the room (im completely daft to think that was a good idea) and I asked her then her faced turned to disgust.
She then turned to her friends and they burst out laughing and announced it to the class and they laughed too. Il never forget the feeling,it felt like my insides had frosted over.

And that was the beginning,this girl and her group would continue to bully me right up until maybe a year ago. Everytime I would walk by them they would snicker, I would hear them calling me ugly,loner, serial killer, sociopath, they started a rumour saying I was going to bring a gun to school so everybody was afraid of me.

And thats the reason why im honestly so afraid to ask out a girl ever again,I know that this kind of backlash would never happen at my age now but im still terrified.

Kiwong

A girl and her friend tried to steal my car and leave me in Grafton.

What the hell did I see in these people? Why was I interested. Probably lust more than romanntic interest.

Now I get rejected by everyone because so many people view my anxiety as romantic interest.

Maybe rejection won't kill but it wihout question has affected my health.

pinata

HeadFace - At least you got over her pretty quick! That's always a good sign. I got over my previous boyfriends super fast as well, they weren't good for me or particularly nice people. I bet people will warm up to you! Hey I'm warming to you already lol. Don't let one monster ruin things for you.

Well it was grade 6 and there was this one girl I really liked,I liked her for about 3 years at the time. After countless nights practicing in the mirror I finally got the courage to ask her out.
I asked her when we were in silent reading and the teacher was out of the room (im completely daft to think that was a good idea) and I asked her then her faced turned to disgust.
She then turned to her friends and they burst out laughing and announced it to the class and they laughed too. Il never forget the feeling,it felt like my insides had frosted over.

And that was the beginning,this girl and her group would continue to bully me right up until maybe a year ago. Everytime I would walk by them they would snicker, I would hear them calling me ugly,loner, serial killer, sociopath, they started a rumour saying I was going to bring a gun to school so everybody was afraid of me.

And thats the reason why im honestly so afraid to ask out a girl ever again,I know that this kind of backlash would never happen at my age now but im still terrified.

I'm really sorry. She and her friends seem like very mean people. Hope you get over it though,not everyone is like her.

What the..... Is she crazy or something? Why on earth would even anyone do that?!! Sorry to know about it but its good anyway that you're not with her anymore..she seems like a real idiot.

da_illest101

I've never been rejected.Being rejected would actually require me to get the courage up to even ask a girl out. Trying is the first step towards failure as the great philosopher Homer Simpson once said.

I remember the first time i heard him say that i was lmao, now that i grew older and more mature i understand the wisdom behind this message

Blabla..

i remember in my younger ages my mom was so poor she would only buy me used clothes , and ugly ones , she had a terrible taste or i don't know what she was thinking , i was mocked at school , cool kids had their fancy shoes and brand jeans and hoodies , it was a nightmare to have to put those things on

Halym

Banned
I have had 17 rejections so far in my life.. First rejection happened when I was in grade four.. This girl I was in love with got me to buy many things for her and used me for her personal gain for her heart's content. And when I asked for her answer, she rejected me and left me just like that...
The last and most painful rejection happened when I was in 8th grade. I fell in love with this girl and and started hanging out with her. About 2 months later, my love for her became very strong and couldn't control it.. So, I asked her out.. But she said that she was gonna hang out with her friends and told me that she would give the answer later. A few days later, we met and talked to each other.. She said that she knew I was in love with her and started laughing and yelled at me out loud saying things like "Who would date you or love you, you idiot." She said that out loud infront of her friends.. She was so proud when she said all of those mean things to me. Everyone were laughing at me and calling me an "idiot". A moment later, she took her phone out of her pocket and showed me her phone and I saw that she recorded it all on her phone. Then she went to her friend and started playing it over and over again. After that day, I kept losing my friends and was labelled as the "Town Idiot". I heard that the recording was shared among almost all the people and whenever they see me on the road, they call things like "Hey, there's the Idiot everyone talks about. Why would anyone even date with an Idiot like that".. For months, I kept crying and it gave birth to severe depression.. I couldn't take it and left town.
These are the most painful rejections I ever had in my life.