read this about me, it's really boring.

PhillipJFry

Hello you, My name is Taylor (boy), I’ve been alive for 23 years (some of them were okay I guess). I live in Texas (which is awful). And I am very nervous about typing this (or anything that another human might read for that matter). In fact, it’s very likely that I’ll throw-up after posting this.

In any case, here are some things I like: riding bicycles, alcohol, Audrey Hepburn, and listening to public radio.
Things I dislike include, but are not limited to: grammatical errors, strangers, eating in front of people, and basically every Chuck Palahniuk book ever except Fight Club.

I think I’ve always had general anxiety disorder, and probably never wont. But I am not that upset about it. After all, I could have been born as the chicken I ate for dinner tonight, whose whole life was probably spent in a tiny, tiny cage.
So anyways, I’m looking forward to spending time here, and I hope that your day goes well.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Hello Phillip, welcome to spw.com. I didn't find this post boring in any particular way, also I hope you didn't throw-up.
I used to be nervous about posting on message boards as well but with time I learned that it really wasn't worth getting anxious about.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Heya Phillip! :thumbup:
Welcome to SPW. Its a good place for people with social phobia's to speak our minds without fear of being judged by others :)

outofthisworld

welcome... now that you put out there about the chicken... it left me wondering if animals have SA.. or anything similar... i wish i was a chicken even in a tiny cage because my life would be as miserable as its is but way way shorter lol

fate12321

Ah yes, life as a chicken is not fun, well it depends where it's born of course. If it was born in a farm, its life must be fun, roaming around the farm free or locked up in a cage. If it was born in a factory, then its life must have been dreadful, living in a cramped quarters, and getting fed hormones, just to bulky and grow faster. Steroid chickens!

Anyhow, welcome to SPW :greeting:

PhillipJFry

Thank you all for welcoming me, it's extremely encouraging.
@dottie: the weather is terrible; despite what the Gregorian calender says, the summer season here lasts from early May to mid October, (high temperatures have been between 95f and 102f for the past month now according to my local NBC news station) Also the state is so big, it's like an hour drive to get anywhere. There are many other things I dislike about Texas too, but it would be easier to read War and Peace than to type all of them.

@Pacific_loner: I think Anne Frank is awesome.

@outofthisworld: I think animals, other than homo sapiens, can have SA. There is a book called Animal Madness by Laurel Braitman which suggests evidence of it. And haha, don't feel too miserable please, in the grand scheme of things, your life is quite short. Some species of sea urchins have to live over 200 years!

@flowers-of-bloom: thank you. I didn't throw-up, (I mostly do that when posting job resumes and sending personal e-mails). rationally I know it's not worth getting anxious about, but the feeling is there regardless. I'm hoping this website will help me with this fear.

LazyHermitCrab

Hi phillip. I hope you enjoy this forum. it's helped me a lot knowing I'm not the only one dealing with social anxiety. it's really hard sometimes but never give up ;) :p

MollyBeGood

Hello you, My name is Taylor (boy), I’ve been alive for 23 years (some of them were okay I guess). I live in Texas (which is awful). And I am very nervous about typing this (or anything that another human might read for that matter). In fact, it’s very likely that I’ll throw-up after posting this.

In any case, here are some things I like: riding bicycles, alcohol, Audrey Hepburn, and listening to public radio.
Things I dislike include, but are not limited to: grammatical errors, strangers, eating in front of people, and basically every Chuck Palahniuk book ever except Fight Club.

I think I’ve always had general anxiety disorder, and probably never wont. But I am not that upset about it. After all, I could have been born as the chicken I ate for dinner tonight, whose whole life was probably spent in a tiny, tiny cage.
So anyways, I’m looking forward to spending time here, and I hope that your day goes well.

I actually think this is one of the most interesting introductions I have read on here.