rate the last film you watched

Since I saw Frozen and did not expect anything from it really, but I ended up liking it, I decided to watch 2 older Disney films, why not.

Tangled [7/10]
Was okay, it is similar to Frozen in a way(art, characters & songs), I did not like the songs here much. Frozen is much better.

Wreck it Ralph [8/10]
This was fun, I waited too long to see it.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I haven't watched anything since Inside Llewyn Davis but I give it a 9/10.

The Coens are so good at creating rich characters and balancing drama with comedy that their films always make for fantastic times.

MikeyC

Non-Stop - 7.5/10

Liam Neeson is awesome, and he plays a similar role here as he does in Taken. While not as much action as those movies, Non-Stop is a really nice thriller and will leave you guessing. Well worth watching.

The Best Offer [7.5/10]

I thought this film would be about something related to art? Not so much, it was pretty good though and the ending I did not expect that. (The film includes a girl with Agoraphobia)

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Fright Night (2011): It was a little undercooked and the writing at times was loose, even by this genre's standards, but it was pretty-good overall. 7/10

Fright Night 2 (2013): Unwatchable, direct-to DVD garbage. Awful, awful, awful. 1/10

Frozen 9/10
Great Disney movie! One of my favorites and the best non-Pixar/Disney movie since Mulan IMHO. I've seen the love all over Facebook and Tumblr, so I went into it really nervous that it wouldn't live up to my expectations. But I loved it. I really identified with Elsa and Anna reminded me of my sister.

Catching Fire 8.5/10
I finally saw it!! I think I'll have to watch it again. It was very faithful to the book, which is almost always a good thing. Jennifer Lawrence, Elizabeth Banks, Woody Harrelson, Sam Claflin, and Jena Malone were fabulous.

The Veronica Mars movie 7.5/10
It was so great to see Veronica and the gang again that I'm going to be a bit lenient on the rating. It wasn't bad or anything. It was actually quite good, especially in the TV-show-made-into-a-movie genre. But it did seem to go on for a bit longer than it should have. Maybe it's just my brain telling me that it should be over after the standard 44 minutes that TV dramas get...

PerseverareJasmine

The last movie I watched was Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I thought it was really good. It had a nice mix of action scenes and moving, emotional moments. I give it an 8.

''Her 2013''.

A man who falls in love with his Operation system. He can never meet the woman in the computer, it's quite sad, but also very beautiful

Was a beautiful movie. Very emotional at the end, and pretty awkward and weird, I like weirdness!!! :applause:

takeheart

''Her 2013''.

A man who falls in love with his Operation system. He can never meet the woman in the computer, it's quite sad, but also very beautiful

Was a beautiful movie. Very emotional at the end, and pretty awkward and weird, I like weirdness!!! :applause:

Funnily that's the last movie l watched as well. I think it was an average movie overall. The whole movie is pretty weird to be honest. Kinda interesting but weird at the same time. I would give it a 5/10

dragons

I think the last movie I watched was Blue Jasmine. I thought it was very well-acted and everyone in it did a fantastic job. It did kind of let me down in the end though because it didn't really have a conclusion ... I wish it had been a bit longer and tied things up more. I also thought the plot was pretty similar to "A Streetcar Named Desire" and I'm not sure how I feel about that––that is, I'm not sure whether it was doing that intentionally or it was kind of a rip-off. But I did like it, over all. Probably an 8/10 for me.

Heh. The last film I watched was the original Stepford Wives, for my horror literature course. I saw the newer one with Nicole Kidman some years ago but I don't remember it in detail and apparently it wasn't very good.

The original 70's film was pretty good. I couldn't stop admiring Katharine Ross's perfect face (and her boobs, not gonna lie - she was braless for a good 75% of the film).

Last edited:

dragons

the new muppets movie, it was okay lol

Haha ... I kind of want to see that. >_< I'm a big fan of the Muppets, but more the old TV show than the more recent stuff. Although I did still like the movie that came out a few years ago (the one with Jason Segal and Amy Adams).

takeheart

Last night I watched Dallas Buyers Club. What a boring movie! The acting is great but the movie itself is just boring. I can't believe this film won some awards at the Oscars. If any movie deserved Oscars awards, it's Captain Phillips. Amazing movie. I recommend it to you all. Anyhow, I would rate Dallas Buyers Club 4/10.

The Experiment - 4.8

Holy crap, this movie was uncomfortable. As soon as it started I thought to myself ''Oh, I wonder when the semi-erotic sadism is going to start.'' And sure enough, it's wasn't far off. A missed opportunity for some much more complicated and interesting psychological phenomena's in my opinion.

It's an interesting concept; a group of people sign on to role-play as guards and prisoners for the sake of an social experiment. But it just immediately jumps to this uncomfortable and cringe worthy place.

[spoilers]
Furthermore I think that the ending was complete nonsense.

I don't believe for a second that a group that has been tormenting each other and that has been at each others throats for little under a week would be able to ride the bus back home without at least someone causing commotion.

You don't go from bloodrage to utterly civilized purely because the plot demands it. That's bad writing.
[/spoilers]

dragons

I saw Grand Budapest Hotel the other day, which I'd been highly anticipating. It was darker than the other Wes Anderson films I've seen––there was more violence and bloodshed than I thought there would be ... which isn't really something I enjoy watching, although most of it was still done in a humorous way and it wasn't too graphic. There was also kind of a weird "story within a story within a story" thing going on which I didn't really see the point of, and I think it just made the film drag out a bit too long. But like Anderson's other films, I thought it had a great script, a bunch of fun characters, and it was visually very striking. Not my favorite of his, but still very good. 8.5/10.