Random Pictures of your life...

Status
Not open for further replies.

outofthisworld

dmcegghead.jpg

Regret93

Since everyone's posting pictures of landscapes of their town, I figure I'll post something I took just this morning after having a long walk. These are the Cascades and Mt. Rainier in western Washington.

xBfv4qi.jpg

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I'm finally done trimming the liner and arranging the rocks (well, I think...).

I took these to show the plant experts for when I go talk to them sometime in the next 2 days.

This has been a massive project, but I'm nearly there!

IMG_5042_zps103afdfb.jpg

IMG_5052_zps387a3697.jpg

lowerareadimensions_zpsc26bc088.jpg

upperareadimensions_zps4b24ec95.jpg

Eventually, all that black liner will be hidden by plants, and the abelias I planted behind the waterfall area will get about 6' tall and make that whole area look more natural. I've sown rye grass on all the dirt that I've been contouring around the pond, so that should grow up in maybe 2 or 3 weeks.

Missing

I'm finally done trimming the liner and arranging the rocks (well, I think...).

I took these to show the plant experts for when I go talk to them sometime in the next 2 days.

This has been a massive project, but I'm nearly there!

I'm insanely jealous. D; I want a pond so bad but currently in an apartment, so I'm stuck with aquariums for now.

It's absolutely beautiful though. Gonna put any fishies in there? ^-^

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Thanks. :)

For now I'm just going to put in mosquito fish, for the obvious reason. Almost every morning I've noticed fresh raccoon tracks by the pond, and they're probably just waiting for me to put some nice, juicy, expensive koi in there for them to eat. There are already a few tiny frogs that have taken up residence, and once it's planted it will likely become a prime hangout for birds as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.