Random Pictures of your life...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MollyBeGood

Does anyone live in those cabins? If not, I'll start packing. My Gosh, that is beautiful out there!

Nope they are empty. I imagine except for the forest service cabins which you can rent out for cheap most of these have been abandon for at least 60 plus yrs.

I love them too!

ty Kiwong and Nanna (:)

Last edited:

MollyBeGood

Looks just like my off the grid fantasy in my mind, heavenly :thumbup:

I am going with a yurt. :)

These cabins can be really mouse infested and super drafty!

Just need 10k for a little (used) yurt...why is it so expensive to live off the damn grid? I read it takes close to 60k just to get a tiny self-sufficient set-up going. Who has that kind of cash nowadays? They really don't want people being able to do such things.

I wish I was an animal in the woods then I would never worry about not having a home for any tree, or cave could be mine for no cost!

Lavinialuna

get_property_thumb4-42384.jpg

A little cordwood number like this would be perfect for me. Yurts are really cool, but with so many kids I'd die without a little space!
Imagine what it would be like if the only bill you ever got was your yearly tax bill. It would be so nice... but yeah, it's pricey to get all set up.

MollyBeGood

get_property_thumb4-42384.jpg

A little cordwood number like this would be perfect for me. Yurts are really cool, but with so many kids I'd die without a little space!
Imagine what it would be like if the only bill you ever got was your yearly tax bill. It would be so nice... but yeah, it's pricey to get all set up.

Oh that is adorable!

I agree the yurt is very small, you can get bigger ones, and you can get another for the kids-so you have two :) I like the portability of it. Pack it up and go!... but then I am part gypsy so it's perfect.

life pictures

"Earthships" would also be incredible to live in someday.

10 Reasons Why EarthShips Are F!#%ing Awesome

I always like the log cabin in the woods, they are so romantic.

I am so enamored by the concept or earthships. I would LOVE to live in one, or any similar sort of dwelling. It's kind of one of my goals. This whole off the grid living and sustainable living thing is just so enticing to me. So yeah, it's definitely one of my future goals to be involved in a project such as this. These things are so awesome.

MikeyC

you're so handsome. :)
Thank you. :)

"Earthships" would also be incredible to live in someday.

10 Reasons Why EarthShips Are F!#%ing Awesome

I always like the log cabin in the woods, they are so romantic.
I've never even heard of an "earthship" before! I'm a massive fan, too. It's expensive to start up but once it's all done, you can live really cheaply. :)

I think a lot of this can apply to houses on the grid, too, especially solar panels. Every house has a roof! Some houses have enough room for greenhouses, too. This should be integrated to every home.

Kiwong

Jeez, the work love-in is descending further into nightmare. We all have to travel in a bus, stay at the same motel, eat at the same restaurant. I have lived on my own for over twenty years. I need alone time for my sanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.