Rage rage rage

Sea Bass

Does anyone else deal with rage on a constant basis. Cuz i do. It's ruining my life. I'm in a never ending cycle of being stressed, depressed, ashamed, and enraged.

kdfhadhg;odhrgoeaddgdk aggghh s;fdhad;s

Rage doesn't really come into my life anymore, just some form of depression, anxiety and a feeling of no self worth.

Pretty awesome if I must say so myself.

Kiwong

In the past yes, not so much anymore. But I find rage a very counter production emotion for my health. I still feel it but I try to keep it at bay.

Hottie

Hi,
I dont really suffer from rage unless something made me angry. The enviroment is used to live in used to cause me alot of anger. I would have outbursts where i wouldnt hurt other people i would end up hurting myself - breaking toes, fingers etc.
Thankfully my anger has calmed down alot because the stresser has made been removed.

With rage you hae to learn to notice the feelings before you fly off the handle. When you are able to become aware of those fellings/sensations you will be able to get a grip on the rage. Try noticing how you feel before the explosion, and then next time see what you can do differently...

It's a tricky thing, rage is.
I think that in life things do tend to build-up inside you - an inevitable consequence of living in this day and age. It can't be avoided.
But it doesn't necessarily mean one will always keep ending up in a rage. The trick is to have regular things in your life which serve to comfort/soothe/pacify/etc, and that act as healthy emotional outlets. Doing these things every day is the ideal. If you don't, then the danger is that a rage-attack/s may result, at some point. Particular difficulty can arise from certain experiences in life (depending on the individual) - these can "get the ball rolling" quite quickly, which can very easily lead to rage if you haven't been "looking after yourself" (in my experience).
Also, environmental toxins, as well as diet, can also play a very key role in the triggering of rage.

So basically, I think the golden rule is to "look after yourself", and try not to let unexpressed problems/thoughts/feelings build up inside. Easier said than done, but I believe it's a life skill any person can learn.

Last edited:

Danfalc

Banned
I use to consider myself quite a laid back person, but since I have been struggling with depression I find my patience is very thin.

Even doing things I enjoy like playing computer games, I can get so frustrated or if someone is rude in real life I see red.

I like what the smallest loser said, and I think dealing with the problems we do is stressful and hard. I think it builds up until something sets it off however minor. It's tempting to give into the rage sometimes and vent it but I find trying to not let it have control over you better in the long term.

Lea

Banned
I don't get angry often. There are sometimes people who are not nice to me but it makes me more sad than angry because I know they do it out of misunderstanding. I think noone who truly understands cannot hate.

When I do get enraged, it's usualy very short term and mostly it's out of frustration when people are being rude, then I think: "what bitch" or so, I get angry but deep down I don't hate them. I could get on friendly with anyone, but some people just don't care for it, because they have some issues.

Streifen

I don't think its quite "rage" level, but I have been feeling irritated every day for quite awhile, due to some things that I can't change quickly, but will have to work out of my life. Sometimes I feel really upset that I don't feel I have the patience to put up with it anymore, but I have to keep going forward.

Sea Bass

I often feel angry..somewhat enraged. I tend to dwell on the negatives of my personality, life, and the world more than positives, but I hate living in denial. If something bothers me, I cannot think of anything else for days, and it manifests. I hate feeling like this, but it's the lesser of two evils. I feel that ignoring problems in the world is just as bad as contributing to them. I hope this makes sense..

It makes a lot of sense. Seeing life for what it is sucks...

1986Poe

it did until i asked the question what am i really fighting for, so now it doesnt pop up as often

I use to consider myself quite a laid back person, but since I have been struggling with depression I find my patience is very thin.

Even doing things I enjoy like playing computer games, I can get so frustrated or if someone is rude in real life I see red.

I like what the smallest loser said, and I think dealing with the problems we do is stressful and hard. I think it builds up until something sets it off however minor. It's tempting to give into the rage sometimes and vent it but I find trying to not let it have control over you better in the long term.

^^ Yeah... pretty much the above

eek

I definitely feel sometimes like i want to pop a child's head with my bear hands. Exercise helps most of the time, but if all else fails I just drink a lot and pace around the apartment listening to heavy music.

I definitely feel sometimes like i want to pop a child's head with my bear hands. Exercise helps most of the time, but if all else fails I just drink a lot and pace around the apartment listening to heavy music.

Pop a child's head? Why?

Explain?

eek

I suppose, but wouldn't doing it to a terrorist be more satisfying?

Squashing a baby's head is by far not the worst thing that goes on in my mind when i am very sad, upset, or both at the same time ;). Sometimes imagining an innocent being destroyed better soothes the injustices i perceive has happened to me.

Squashing a baby's head is by far not the worst thing that goes on in my mind when i am very sad, upset, or both at the same time ;). Sometimes imagining an innocent being destroyed better soothes the injustices i perceive has happened to me.

Society is wrong in most aspects, but it is probably wrong in most peoples mind, like the ones you want to see their heads explode. A child knows nothing really about society and it's messed up ethics and morals. Just because society says killing a child is wrong, which it is, you don't have to act upon that in your mind because society deems it so wrong.

If you ever want to go on a killing spree, make sure you do it to the bankers, men in suits and authority.

I may sound like an arsehole, or may have not understood your sentence correctly, so I apologize in advance.

Last edited:

Supreme

I get angry very easily.
Like if people walk too close to me, or they stare and act strange when I look back at them...

It's sort of like; You've been staring at me and I can't take a glance at you?

Wth...

In the past, cold dark days, yes. Anger, much. Held it inside.

Now much better I have become. Suppose wanting to change helps.