Question to the singles out there

NoModernRomance

First, I've never had a girlfriend.

I have had girls that, in one way or another, have shown that they would like to go out with me. But I've always felt that I'm not worth bothering with, and turn away all of that affection.

Since this has gone on for so long now, I actually find that my mood is changing. It started out with a general sadness thinking about relationships. But at this point, seeing couples out in the real world, or romantic things on TV.. I actually start to feel anger, and sometimes disgust.

Does anyone else feel this way? To go from feeling sad/depressed, to outright anger/disgust?

Kiwong

I see married couples with rings under their eyes through lack of sleep due to crying children. They always have colds that are handed down through the whole family. I see couples bickering and fighting, and I see them having to put their idependence, interests and hobbies on hold.

I see this and much, much more and I say phew, I'm glad it didn't happen to me.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
i always heard that they don't like players so i tried not to be one. Now though i'm coming to the realisation that women DO like players, they see them as strong, alpha-males if you like. I feel pissed off at myself for wasting time, waiting for something that doesn't exist, and for losing my confidence, and pissed off at women for being so confusing.
It really depends on the woman. And what point she's at in her life, and her maturity level, and her mood, and a bazillion other things. If you're expecting women as a whole to like just one type of guy that just makes it even more confusing than it needs to be.

Kinetik

I'm single now, but back in my long-term relationships I was miserable a vast majority of the time. Looking back, I almost can't imagine how I stuck it out for so long. So no, I don't feel anger or despair when it comes to romance, because I've been there and it's definitely not all it's cracked up to be. For now I'm enjoying my freedom and I figure when I'm ready to meet a new woman I'll simply take the right steps to make it happen.

Guffaw

Women want players when they want a one night stand themselves. It ensures the guy won't be bugging them after. Women will very rarely want a player for a long term relationship. Who wants to be worrying all the time about what their partner is up to and who with? Plus you'd always be worried about what STI'S they're gonna be bringing back with them.

As for the anger issue, I get angry sometimes. I look at my ex whom is apparently very happy with his new girlfriend and I get angry that I allow my SA to get in the way of me having a happy relationship. I'm slowly coming to accept that I'm never going to have one if I continue to let my SA rule my life. We ALL know how hard it is to break away from such things, but if we don't, we only have ourselves to blame.
Sorry if that came across as a bit harsh, it wasn't intended that way.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Back when i actually used to go to bars i backed away from women that were clearly gagging for the cawk, thinking i'm not the one night stand type, because that is what women respect, i always heard that they don't like players so i tried not to be one. Now though i'm coming to the realisation that women DO like players, they see them as strong, alpha-males if you like. I feel pissed off at myself for wasting time, waiting for something that doesn't exist, and for losing my confidence, and pissed off at women for being so confusing.

Girls don't want to like players. But unfortunately, players sometimes are very likeable....

Apotheosis

Girls don't want to like players. But unfortunately, players sometimes are very likeable....

I wonder if some players only became players because so many women like them.

I think most guys, even the ones who claim they would never have a one-night-stand, would do they exact same thing if they were given the chance.

Yes, I'm a cynical bastard. I'm also a hopeless romantic; go figure.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I wonder if some players only became players because so many women like them.

I think most guys, even the ones who claim they would never have a one-night-stand, would do they exact same thing if they were given the chance.

Yes, I'm a cynical bastard. I'm also a hopeless romantic; go figure.

I was writing a long answer to that but I realize it is totally adrift from the subject of the thread :rolleyes:

In brief: Maybe women "like players" because in fact they like people who flirt with them?

LazyHermitCrab

Yeah too angry to date anymore.. i mean for the next three years. I thought the "special look" was special but it's not :( I dated four people who all seemed lovey dovey, but it's just an confusing mess all the time. If i started a relationship now i wouldn't be trusting and paronoid so yeah it's for the best to be single right now ;) i sometimes envy how people in relationships can somehow understand eachother.. or appear to be

NoModernRomance

Maybe the word I'm looking for to describe myself is "Bitter".

It feels like the world is rubbing it's happiness in my face (no. That's not a metaphor..) :rolleyes:

JamesSmith

First, I've never had a girlfriend.

I have had girls that, in one way or another, have shown that they would like to go out with me. But I've always felt that I'm not worth bothering with, and turn away all of that affection.

Since this has gone on for so long now, I actually find that my mood is changing. It started out with a general sadness thinking about relationships. But at this point, seeing couples out in the real world, or romantic things on TV.. I actually start to feel anger, and sometimes disgust.

Does anyone else feel this way? To go from feeling sad/depressed, to outright anger/disgust?

Yep, I already went through that phase a couple years ago. I started to get jealous and even angry at times.

I guess I just don't even care that much about it anymore. I figure if I wanted to get in a relationship, I'm going to have to start hanging out with friends again and I don't want to do that, so a relationship would be out of the question. I'm not going to go to a bar and hit on women by myself, nor do I want to do that. I'd probably just wind up sitting by myself looking like a loser anyway.

I'm at the point where I think that relationships should just happen when you aren't trying. I don't believe in searching for a woman anymore. If it happens, it will happen. I'm not desperate, and I'm not going to force it anymore. When I get to around 40 and if I'm still a virgin, then I may hit the bars and just try to get laid once. By then I won't care about love anymore, I'll just want to have sex before I get too old for sex.