Question for Women

Let's say you just started dating someone and the subject of sex comes up. What would you think of someone whose only sexual experience was with a prostitute? Would you rather have someone who is a complete virgin?

I have recently began to consider visting a prostitute out of desperation. I worry that having this on my record might negatively impact a woman's opinion of me in the event I actually do find a real girlfriend someday. What do the women on SPW think?

Thanks for your feedback in advance.

Pookah

I would rather a virgin. Prostitution, you realize, automatically brings up STD screening. Which is an uncomfortable topic.

Why is it you wish to visit one? To be more experienced, to fulfill urges? I think a girl would probably be understanding but would probably request that you both visit a clinic for tests.

Rembrandt Broam

I would rather a virgin. Prostitution, you realize, automatically brings up STD screening. Which is an uncomfortable topic.

True, but this would equally be the case if your partner had any sexual history. Even if you know who they've slept with, you don't know who those people have slept with, and so on. The safest thing would be to both undergo screening before entering into a monogamous (or what you would hope would be monogamous) sexual relationship relationship with anyone, but as you say this would be an uncomfortable topic.

Pookah

True, but this would equally be the case if your partner had any sexual history. Even if you know who they've slept with, you don't know who those people have slept with, and so on. The safest thing would be to both undergo screening before entering into a monogamous (or what you would hope would be monogamous) sexual relationship relationship with anyone, but as you say this would be an uncomfortable topic.

I just meant it would be especially uncomfortable given the particular sexual history of being with a prostitute.

panicsurvivor

I think for the most part the right women won't mind that you are a virgin. But a lot of them would be turned off if they knew you had seen a pro. A virgin is sweet, a john is sleazy. So if you do visit a pro keep it under your hat. It is nobody business but your own. By the way I am wondering the same thing as Coyote, what record?:confused:

Pookah

I am assuming the OP was thinking of being honest, which is the best policy after all. :p

sanitariumcalls

"don't ask, don't tell"...that's a good policy, too, when it comes to such matters

I agree lol

~~~

In my experience, as long the guy wasn't whoring around his school/job/circle of friends, I really don't care who they screwed as long they were safe about it. I've found that 1. Lying about your sexual prowesses, and 2. Sticking it between every other available pair of legs, is completely wrong.

Be proud you've kept your virginity in tact, I lost mine WAY too early, and have met/been with too many guys who take the act of sex for granted.

Be honest with a lady, and hopefully continue your virgin status, until you find that one special girl that makes you weep in desire, then go for it!!

LOL hope that I didn't scare you :p

Feathers

I'd prefer a virgin too.. shows you have standards and don't just settle for anything..

stds are a big question yup.. is it worth the risk for one night of fun or less? (also, some people can feel empty and even more lonely after meaningless sexual experiences etc.)
And if you like it, would you have $$$ for more? If you don't, why bother?

and yup, getting tested is a good idea in any case.. even public toilets or such can sometimes be problematic..

I think joining an online dating site or dating group or agency or even a course or reading books on dating or such would be better investment of your time, energy and money.. or just to go volunteering and go places where women hang out.. (library/bookstores? cafes? schools or departments or job places where there are 99% girls?)

KiaKaha

Banned
If you want to go see a prostitute..go ahead and do it. Just wear a condom and use some common sense. I agree with the sentiment that meaningless sex can leave you feel a bit...crap but hey, prostitution is a service and they will do the job and thats it. In my country prostitution is legal and there are standards that must be adhered to and the workers are protected by the law...and if you mess with them or disrespect them you will PAY and not just with money. As for disclosing it to a future partner, that's totally up to you. What they don't know wont hurt them, but if you think that it might eat you up inside afterward then you may need to rethink the decision before hand.

agoraphobickatie

apart from the possible health issues.. i wouldn't really like knowing that someone i might like has previously stooped to that level. forgive me for passing judgment, but having sex with a prostitute shouldn't really be taken with a grain of salt.. i mean, it is illegal, lol.. besides unethical and immoral and whatever else.. sorry =/ however.... it is your own choice, so if you were to do that, i'd say it'd be your business and yours only, and i wouldn't want to know.. so if you wanted to tell her you had had sex before, i wouldn't say that it was with a prostitute ..ya know? :)

awkwardamanda

I would not be impressed if I was dating someone and found out he'd seen a prostitute, regardless of whether he had had other sexual relations or not. I think any man who visits a prostitute is lowering himself. It's just wrong. I want a guy who has more respect for himself than that. Otherwise, it wouldn't matter to me whether or not the guy is a virgin. I also don't really get why somebody would want to lose their virginity to a prostitute. I would think that would cause a lot more stress than losing your virginity to someone you're attracted to and have some sort of relationship with.

Let's say you just started dating someone and the subject of sex comes up. What would you think of someone whose only sexual experience was with a prostitute? Would you rather have someone who is a complete virgin?

I have recently began to consider visting a prostitute out of desperation. I worry that having this on my record might negatively impact a woman's opinion of me in the event I actually do find a real girlfriend someday. What do the women on SPW think?

Thanks for your feedback in advance.

I'm reminded of a radio program I listened to about a sex worker in Australia who's clients were mainly people with disability. She provided a discreet and professional service that made a big difference in the lives of people who had no other alternative, not even masturbation. Sex and closeness to female nakedness is too beautiful a thing to be missing out on so I'm sure a well-chosen arrangement would be ok.
:)