Psychoanalyze Yourself!

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
So I was looking up some stuff online about psychoanalyzing yourself, and the first thing that came up on google was this (below), which I thought was kinda cool. It's not to be taken too seriously, but I thought my results were interesting at least. If you want good results don't cheat! (which includes reading other peoples results.) It should only take 5 minutes. Here it is:

Psychoanalyze Yourself​

NO CHEATING! That will take all the fun out of it.

This is a very interesting test. Try it.
Have a pen and paper handy before you read any further. As soon as you read a question, write the answer right away.

Make sure to answer questions 1-10 before moving on...NO CHEATING!!

Read the following questions, imagining the scenes in your mind, and write down the FIRST thing that you visualize. Do not think about the questions excessively.

1. You are not alone. You are walking in the woods. Who are you walking with?

2. You are walking in the woods. You see an animal. What kind of animal is it?

3. What interaction takes place between you and the animal?

4. You walk deeper in the woods. You enter a clearing and before you is your dream house. Describe its size?

5. Is your dream house surrounded by a fence?

6. You enter the house. You walk to the dining area and see the dining room table. Describe what you see on AND around the table.

7. You exit the house through the back door. Lying in the grass is a cup. What material is the cup made of?

8. What do you do with the cup?

9. You walk to the edge of the property, where you find yourself standing at the edge of a body of water. What type of body of water is it?

10. How will you cross the water?

This has been a relational psychology test. The answers given to the questions have been shown to have a relevance to values and ideals that we hold in our personal lives. The analysis follows:
1. The person who you are walking with is the most important person in your life.

2. The size of the animal is representative of your perception of the size of your problems.

3. The severity of the interaction you have with the animal is representative of how you deal with your problems. (passive/aggressive)

4. The size of your dream house is representative of the size of your ambition to resolve your problems.

5. No fence is indicative of an open personality. People are welcome at all times. The presence of a fence indicates a closed personality. You'd prefer people not to drop by unannounced.

6. If your answer did not include food, people, or flowers, then you are generally unhappy.

7. The durability of the material with which the cup is made of is representative of the perceived durability of your relationship with the person named in number 1. For example, styrafoam, plastic, and paper are all disposable, styrofoam, paper and glass are not durable, and metal and plastic are durable.

8. Your disposition of the cup is representative of your attitude towards the person in number 1.

9. The size of the body of water is representative of the size of your sexual desire.

10. How wet you get in crossing the water is indicative of the relative importance of your sex life.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
1) I don't know about this one, maybe at the time but if it's right I think it'd be pretty sad for me.
2) A deer - Yeah, I think that sounds right. Not the biggest animal, but not small. It was a good sized deer too.
3) Nothing/watched - Not dealing with problems, also known as avoiding them.
4) Small - Maybe, I'm not sure.
5) No fence - not sure, I'm open about somethings I suppose.
6) Just a table cloth - yaaay generally unhappy :p
7) Plastic - Sure, I suppose
8) Nothing - Oh, uhhhh.
9) Small lake/pond - sounds about right
10) Walk around it - I laughed a little when I saw my result to this one, I think it's spot on at this point of my life.

coyote

1. Bigfoot
2. A fox
3. We eye each other suspiciously, and I admire its bushy tail
4. A small one-bedroom cottage
5. No fence, maybe just a few moss-covered stones
6. A large plate of spaghetti, a bottle of chianti, grapes, glasses, an ocelot wearing a smoking jacket, and Elvis Presley
7. ceramic
8. fill it with a double-espresso
9. the ocean
10. I'll jump in and swim, if i can find my snorkel and fins

worrywort

haha! that's pretty cool!

1] my big brother - hmm, not sure about that! I only chose him cause he's hard and I was scared in the woods!
2] A Wolf - yea sounds about right...I have medium sized fairly aggresive problems!
3] stared at it! - yea, I guess I can be passive in a sense.
4] small - hmm...interesting!...could be true! only certain problems though.
5] no fence - that doesn't sound like me!...maybe...
6] empty table and chairs - generally unhappy - hmm...dunno...maybe
7] paper cup - yea, I don't have the deepest relationship with my bro.
8] lift it and take a bite out of it! - haha!...wtf!
9] a lake - haha...damn that's probably right!
10] crossed in a row boat - lol!, god, story of my life!

1. An ex, I won't name her because she's a member of this site
2. A bear
3. It attacks me and savagely kills me
4. A massive mansion
5. No
6. Place mats that I have in my house at the moment, 3 sets of knives and forks, and the person I mentioned in answer 1.
7. Porcelain
8. Leave it on the floor, but thats because a part of it is broken and i don't want to cut myself, no idea what that means.
9. A pond
10. I wade through it

Phoenixx

This was interesting. Kinda fun too ::p:

1) Someone I don't want to mention
2) Raccoon
3) We look at each other for about a second and then it runs off.
4) Medium size, two story house. And it's yellow :)
5) It has a nice white picket fence
6) Nothing really. It's just a round wooden table, nothing on it, but there's 4 chairs.
7) Ceramic
8) Pick it up
9) Small pond
10) I don't cross it. But if I really wanted to, I could wade through it.

Empty

A stranger I just met.

A fox.

A petting session.

4. You walk deeper in the woods. You enter a clearing and before you is your dream house. Describe its size?

Medium sized with really high ceilings.

No fence, but covered in vines and hidden by plants.

6. You enter the house. You walk to the dining area and see the dining room table. Describe what you see on AND around the table.
Nothing, just an empty table with some chairs.

7. You exit the house through the back door. Lying in the grass is a cup. What material is the cup made of?
Plastic.

Throw it.

9. You walk to the edge of the property, where you find yourself standing at the edge of a body of water. What type of body of water is it?
River.

Swim across or walk if it's shallow enough.

EscapeArtist

I love these things!! I think I've done this one before too.

A true friend not yet known

A skunk and a deer playing gleefully

We admire the peaceful joy of the animals

It's very small, one room, made of wooden logs and very old and beaten. It could very well be a large backyard shed in modern standards of size... There is no access to electricity, or running water, but there is a well. Oh, also there is a small orchard behind it, and a vegetable garden enough to live off of. To others it would look like an old wooden piece of trash but to me it is as close to a cozy quarter that a house can get. It is near a big open meadow and a small-medium sized lake, other cheap lifers live around the lake as well :3 Inside there are not many things, but some patterned rugs, blankets and open windows give it a kind of pioneer-forgotten dusty, dormant vibrancy. It's bright inside, and not hidden by trees so that the light of the prettiest times of day can glaze over it a b-eeeooo-t-y-ful tint <3
Woops, this only asked for size, I got carried away

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fence!

There is no table, it's a big patterned blanket over a wooden board floor

Arrgghh that damn plastic litter

Trash.

A lake!

What need to I have to cross the water? Kayak. Wait no, swim!

Wow. NONE of this was accurate for me except maybe a few

Last edited:

god, small g

female deer, what are they called? a spotty one

we both freeze and watch each other

small

nope

a couple of chairs, wooden dresser, knifes and forks - all very fairytale

gold

pick it up, go to the stream and drink water

a stream?

jump, of course

EscapeArtist

Here's something similar

"The mountains and the sea—nature has a power that draws us to her. After all we are all nature’s children, born into her world and fed on her bounty. No matter what marvels technology may develop, getting back to nature lets us feel truly alive. Medical science may make advances, but the best medicine will always be nature’s own healing power.

Your next journey will take you back to that green world, and what better setting for you to rediscover your natural self?

1. You have set off to climb a mountain, in search of a fabulously rare stone. What is your impression of the mountain as you stand at its foot?

2. After a hard search, you still haven’t found the stone, and now the sun has fallen. What will you do next?

3. You have finally discovered the stone you were seeking. What kind of stone is it? Describe its size, weight, and value.

4. Now it is time to come down from the mountain and return home. What parting words do you have for the mountain, and what is its reply?

Stop reading here if not ready! Answers below

Answers:
The mountain that looms before you represents your father, or a father figure in your life. In psychological terms, it is a manifestation of the archetype of the “wise old man.” The stone you seek symbolizes abilities and strengths you must discover within yourself on your own journey to adult independence.

1. Your impression of the mountain show the image you have of your father. Was it difficult and unforgiving? Gentle and easily conquered? Or did you have an idealized image of a magnificent peak that somehow seemed to welcome you and encourage you in your quest?

2. The stone you are searching for represents your as yet undiscovered talent or strength. Your response to this question shows whether you will ever realize that untapped potential.

People who say they’d keep searching for the stone no matter what tend to show the same persistence and determination in their own lives, never giving up even when efforts seem fruitless.

Those who said they’d call it quits for the day but come back again to continue the search are the type who pace themselves, spreading their efforts over a long period of time. There are probably more than a few late bloomers in this group.

People who gave up looking for the stone altogether are in danger of never fulfilling their true potential.

3. The way you described the stone shows your feeling of self-worth. How big and heavy was it, and what did you think of its value?

“Oh, about twenty dollars or so.” Hmmm, that’s not much of an appraisal, is it?

“It turned out to be a huge diamond worth millions!” Hold on now, let’s not get carried away with ourselves.

4. Your parting words to the mountain reveal what you have always wanted, but never been able, to say to your father. Do you recognize any of these patters?

You: Thanks for everything.
Mountain: You take care of yourself.

Did you have that kind of ideal exchange? Or did it go more like this:

You: Well, it looks like I’m finally through with you.
Mountain: You can say that again!

Maybe it’s time you and your father sat down for a talk.

...."

Rembrandt Broam

1. My dog.
2. A rabbit.
3. We both stand completely still and make eye contact. After a while, something startles it and it runs.
4. Cottage sized.
5. Yes.
6. Four chairs around the table. Nothing much on the table. Maybe something decorative like a bowl in the centre.
7. It's a mug, so clay I guess.
8. Nothing. I leave it where it is.
9. A lake.
10. I wouldn't. I'm happy to stay on this side of it.

I don't think I'll put too much faith in the psychobabble interpretation bit, but it was fun to do. ;)

EscapeArtist

1. Anti-climactic small dusty pile of rubble and rocks. Not recognized as a mountain and unnoticed by other people

2. That's alright, I'll find it tomorrow.... Camp overnight.

3. Big smooth, flat and thick oil-black crystal-like rock, looks like it belongs in a geology museum, fades to clear and glass like in the center, medium weight and size

4. You weren't really much of a mountain, I bet this stone wasn't even yours.
No reply.

worrywort

#2 [these are fun!]

1. awe-inspiring, exciting and welcolming - that's like the opposite of my dad! Sounds more like how I feel about God.
2. Get scared, go home, but try again tomorrow - that sounds like me!
3. A purple ruby type stone, size of my palm... I guess it was kind of unique and different but I wasn't overly thrilled. Nothing special really.
4. me: thank you, Mountain: I love you
I also kinda felt like saying;
me: Protect me, mountain: I will

????....hmm....first one sounds like what I want my dad to say, second is what I want God to say!!! hmm.....very interesting!

Apotheosis

William Shakespeare.

A wolf.

I observe its behavior to ensure it is not a threat, then move on.

It wouldn't be a house, it would be a cave. Small entrance, cavernous interior.

That's silly, why would I put a fence around a cave?

The table is simple: wood with four legs, built by hand from local trees. On it is a small, polished wood plate, also handmade, as well as a knife, fork, and spoon, all stainless steel - quality tools are the only evidence of modern civilization. The table is positioned a few feet away from a burned out fire pit. Further from that is a slow-moving underground stream fed by a small waterfall that pours through an opening far above in the cavern ceiling.

Wooden, polished, like the plate.

Pick it up. I will put it back inside later.

A large, fresh water lake; it is a natural spring that recycles itself through the cave's stream, flowing back into a network of underground rivers.

Swim.

Edit: I thought the last ten were another set of questions I would edit in here! Apparently I'm a passive, unhappy yet ambitious hermit with an open personality and massive sex drive. The open part is debatable though, I have no fence, but I think a cave is a bit more uninviting than a white picket deal. I'm also good friends with Shakespeare.

Last edited:

Beatmetrics

My Father

Brown Bear

Walking side by side calmly investigating each other with the eyes.

Small 1 story looks like the houses up north with 3 bedrooms.

No

The furniture in all black. A small half table to the side with a mirror above it. The table in the middle with 4 seats around it. A nice simple light hanging above it. The light that shines isn't bright is more so a dimmer lighting than around the rest of the house.

7. You exit the house through the back door. Lying in the grass is a cup. What material is the cup made of? Tin

8. What do you do with the cup? A Pink Cloth is in it rub it with my fingers on it

Crystal blue ocean but a rough current.

Tell myself its not there and try to walk forward until i can find land again.

Last edited:

Shant

My imaginary friend, and/or myself.

Most important person? Wow, this is depressing.

A squirrel.

Yeah, I don't really care much about my problems or anything else much these days.

I slowly approach it. Eventually it runs away.

Quite passive.

It's not terribly large, it's not terribly small. Perhaps smaller than average.

No ambition, check.

Yes.

Very indicating of social phobia.

Nothing on the table.

Unhappy, you don't say.

Plastic.

Interesting...

Throw it away.

Even more interesting.

A small lake, you could just jump across.

Considering my hate and uncomfortability towards sex, this makes sense.

Just king of step across.

Basically, I just don't care, lol.

Well, this kind of makes sense. If not depressing, it at least clearly shows my mood right now...

B

Beatrice

1. My younger sister. I would not consider her THE most important person in my life, though.
2. Squirrel - not accurate at all.
3. I converse with the squirrel.
4. Massive house.
5. No fence
6. Giant dining room with many chandeliers, and looks like the one shown in the Harry Potter movies.
7. Cup made of silver.
8. I put cup in my bag.
9. A river.
10. I swim across it (it's shallow and has a gentle current).

Oh, and way to be a creeper, Tino :p

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Cool, I'm going to do EscapeArtist's now.

1) Tall, pointy, rigid. Sort of like the white rocky mountain look that they have on that beer commercial.

2) I set up camp, enjoy a campfire and go to bed.

3) It's a sapphire/ruby type stone, small, shiny, and I'm not sure how much it's worth.

4) Me - *Breathe in* "Ahhhhh"
Mountain - Warmly looks back.

I didn't see any daddy connections for me, maybe that represents something else. (Number 4 I sorta based off my camping experience, I like doing that :p). The other two are reflective I suppose.

My old friend, whom I haven't spoken to in about 3 year???

Not the most important person in my life

a bear

I back up slowly and go another direction

pretty big, It's a southern house with a wrap around porch.....

I've always wanted a house in the forest/mountains by the wya

no

Just a wooden table, red mats on the table

plastic

Take it to the dishwasher

lake

Bridge.......

damn