Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

lily

I've been at my job now for 6 years. I remember when I first got there how much I felt like it was the perfect place because everyone was older than I or at least around my age. In my previous two jobs, everyone was younger and going in was like attending junior high school everyday. I loved the older crowd and the vibe where everyone was mature and basically minded their own business. There was no fake requirement to go out to lunch together for the sake of being social yet we were all pretty good friends. Fast forward to now and I just realized everyone who was there when I started has left the company (it's a small company with only 10 of us). The last of the people who was there will be retiring very soon and I will be the person who's been there the longest. One other person who was my favorite sadly passed away a few months ago. The place has totally changed personnel-wise with the majority of the crowd being younger than me. They're a pretty good crowd though, not immature like the people at my prior jobs and the company is a good place to work, but I do suddenly feel like the old-timer there and am amazed at how fast things have changed. That part is kind of depressing. Six years seems like just yesterday yet so much has changed.
Sorry to hear your favorite has passed away a few months ago. I do like older crowds more, like you but a little younger is ok too. I'm glad though that at least the younger crowd is not immature like the people at your prior jobs.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Really, really, REALLY looking forward to this.
I wasn't sold on the actor chosen for Ellie, but after seeing this I'm hopeful. Apparently the writers have pretty much stuck to the script which is awesome.

MollyBeGood

Super stressed because I have to move again. They say it’s (moving) as stressful as a death in the fam. So based on that I have lost 7 members of my family in the last 4 yrs. I think I must be waay stronger than I ever give myself credit for because I actually am always able to be thankful and laugh even in the face of this. *pats myself on the back* **good job me** 😊

Super stressed because I have to move again. They say it’s (moving) as stressful as a death in the fam. So based on that I have lost 7 members of my family in the last 4 yrs. I think I must be waay stronger than I ever give myself credit for because I actually am always able to be thankful and laugh even in the face of this. *pats myself on the back* **good job me** 😊
I last moved 12 years ago and have never had to deal with a traumatic death. I hope the universe takes you out of extreme difficulty mode soon.

Whoa, that is really unfortunate that you've had to move 7 times over the last 4 years! For you to have managed to do that successfully that often, then you definitely need to give yourself more credit! I have a mini-nervous breakdown whenever I have to move.

MollyBeGood

Whoa, that is really unfortunate that you've had to move 7 times over the last 4 years! For you to have managed to do that successfully that often, then you definitely need to give yourself more credit! I have a mini-nervous breakdown whenever I have to move.
I wound not call any of it successful as it seems to be just a continuation of nothing to do with success. But I appreciate the sentiment.

Blue~like the first day of Spring is a welcomed sight, so is seeing you on these forums again dear 💙🌸🌷💚

MollyBeGood

Just realized they enabled two step verification on here as an option.

Great job!! (Has this been a thing on here for awhile or is it new I wonder?)

MollyBeGood

I love the way she talks about hopeless things in the most hopeful manner. She’s got such a beautiful and kind soul I wish I could spend the afternoon just drinking tea and talking about life with her. I feel like it would be one of the most memorable things I have done in so long. But I digress as this will never happen.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
great-movies.png

👆 Well, thanks to this free movie channel that's available via Sky and Freeview TV here in the UK, I've started buying movies on DVD again. Couple that with my mother's love of Steven Segal films and her fairly recent newfound love of Jason Statham films. And...

Needless to say, we've gone a bit daft in terms of how much we've spent in the last few months. Thankfully, neither of us smokes, drinks, or does illegal drugs, so we're able to pay the bills and treat ourselves. Not that I'm complaining, though, as I've been wanting to get back into buying physical media again. I just never thought I'd ever have something - other than a love for 80s music and action movies - in common with my mum. And I say that because she's not that big on more modern movies.

Last edited: