Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I'm looking forward to 'Dune', which will be in cinemas in December. I think I'll treat myself and go to Gold class, have a fancy meal while watching it. Haven't done that in ages.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Wow it sound like a perfect date with yourself.
Yea it does. Could get a bit romantic.. hold my own hand.. take a body pillow and snuggle into it.. 😆
I do have an option but she doesn't like Sci fi.. so I'll go solo. They actually have really good food so.. great food, and by early reports Dune is pretty good. Could be a winner evening 🤞

LoyalXenite

Yea it does. Could get a bit romantic.. hold my own hand.. take a body pillow and snuggle into it.. 😆
I do have an option but she doesn't like Sci fi.. so I'll go solo. They actually have really good food so.. great food, and by early reports Dune is pretty good. Could be a winner evening 🤞
She... doesnt... like sci fi?
f55397a7de1c82b37d6d62e655a0e915.gif

I dont understand... as in.. she.. opposite of likes it?
587465-c70ebae51ca431d70b62be5d91c25209.gif

SilentAndShy

Does your wife know about your SA? Are you seeking professional help? If you don't like feeling like you're a 'horrible' husband - and I'm sure you don't, then it's up to you to do something about it. It's no good to just be stuck in the SA vicious circle. The power is in your hands. Find strength wherever you can and do something to help yourself, your wife and your family. Good luck my friend.

I've tried many times to try and make her understand but as much as she listens, I don't think she fully understands. There are times, socially, she arranges things and I just have to push myself even though I'm a nervous wreck that comes through in outbursts. Hence, why I've felt I need external professional help and by that I mean, paying someone who understands my culture and faith and how that impacts my anxiety. If my wife did understand, she may know that I need plenty of advance warning on trips so I can know where I am driving etc but I just end up going along nervously.

And to add to what Pug said, don't be too tough on yourself. Sometimes we have so much problems and so many thing going on that we can't just always behave as we'd like when not under those conditions. I know you feel like sh*t for making her cry, but is not that bad, talk to her and tell her how you feel. She must also understand that sometimes we need to be alone and is no one's fault (or at least not of the ones we isolate from).

You said you have to take care of a lot of stuff and when we try to focus on others too much, we just lose our energy, take care of yourself too and as i said, talk to her...anxiety leads to energy loss and that to a not a very good mood.

Also, as Pug said, don't let those circular thoughts put you in a loop. Obviously we don't know you, but for what we read i'm pretty sure you're not a bad husband. 😊

Yeah I responded in a way that wasn't nice, clearly. But the essence of what I was saying - wanting to be alone - was true. Honestly, it's probably something people with anxiety say alot, about "what if" but if I didn't have these things in my head, I could probably give more to my family so this inevitably worries me thinking what I could do for them now.

Thank you for your replies 🙏🏽

Phoenixx

My dumb cat has been breaking my plants and did a number on my succulents today. I don't know if I can get their broken leaves to propagate or not. :( They were doing really well in the window I have them in, but my cat decided he liked to park his ass on top of them in the planter to look out the window. :mad: I've tried everything to get him out of it, and he just won't quit. I need to find a solution if I want these plants to live.

LoyalXenite

My dumb cat has been breaking my plants and did a number on my succulents today. I don't know if I can get their broken leaves to propagate or not. :( They were doing really well in the window I have them in, but my cat decided he liked to park his ass on top of them in the planter to look out the window. :mad: I've tried everything to get him out of it, and he just won't quit. I need to find a solution if I want these plants to live.
If theres room try a low edge box next to them, he may choose the box instead

Phoenixx

If theres room try a low edge box next to them, he may choose the box instead
Thing is, the planter is on the windowsill behind the couch in the living room. Instead of sitting on the back of the couch and being content, he just insists on planking his rear end in the planter. I actually ordered a plant shelf from Amazon tonight that's supposed to suction to the window. I'm gonna try that instead.

F0AM

I love (no) this kind of friends (no) that talk to you via message and once you reply, they stop talking. They don't give a fuck, and then weeks later, they're all of a sudden "Hey how are you?". Excuse you? why should i reply when i know you won't be replying back? what is this, some scheduled bot? they're like "Ok on 2/4/2021 12PM, i have to send a message, and don't talk again till 16/4/2021 12PM".

Stop forcing conversations for the sake of it, even more when no one asked for it.

Also I love those that only talk about their asses, their lives, their problems, etc...and once the conversation turns into anything else other than them:

bye-im-out.gif

If you're sad, don't talk to those you wouldn't even talk to when happy; if you have problems, don't talk to those you wouldn't talk to when doing fine; If you're bored, don't talk to those you wouldn't even take into account otherwise; and don't talk to someone just for the sake of not losing that person, it can happen from time to time when we're bussy obv, but if you reach that phase where 100% of your interaction is this...maybe there's no longer anything to lose.

Last edited:

MollyBeGood

Met my new neighbor on the S side of the property today while out in the yard. The other neighbor on the other side of the property (thankfully there’s only two total homes bordering) was open to calling him a paranoid person, which made me kinda uneasy about meeting him. He was in fact a very polite, gentle person who was easy to talk to and gave off a very kind energy. He obviously is a bit shy/introverted which makes people apparently talk bad about you if your not. Anyway we had a really nice brief chat and I was really happy to have met him finally. It has been 2 months and no meeting so great to get that done!

SilentAndShy

Indecisive, unassertive, anxious about everything but especially about cars

I need to top up oil in my car. I'm driving at the moment with the fear that my car is going to explode any minute, but I need to get some oil

I think I have figured out the oil I need (the spec anyway) so pop into a petrol station to look for one. I time it so I'm the only one in shop so incase I look like an idiot I can avoid any embarrassment.

I thought I had found the right model of oil, but on the packaging it said "for most Ford engines" and that's when I should have said to myself "I'm not sure, leave it" and even the cashier said the same if I was sure.

What did I do?

I bought it. Panicked, maybe didn't want to look an idiot to her and walked back to the car swearing to myself of how dumb I had been.

Man, I hate hate being so fucking clueless about everything. I'd give up my career, money, anything to not feel this way with anxiety. I really would.

SoScared

Indecisive, unassertive, anxious about everything but especially about cars

I need to top up oil in my car. I'm driving at the moment with the fear that my car is going to explode any minute, but I need to get some oil

I think I have figured out the oil I need (the spec anyway) so pop into a petrol station to look for one. I time it so I'm the only one in shop so incase I look like an idiot I can avoid any embarrassment.

I thought I had found the right model of oil, but on the packaging it said "for most Ford engines" and that's when I should have said to myself "I'm not sure, leave it" and even the cashier said the same if I was sure.

What did I do?

I bought it. Panicked, maybe didn't want to look an idiot to her and walked back to the car swearing to myself of how dumb I had been.

Man, I hate hate being so fucking clueless about everything. I'd give up my career, money, anything to not feel this way with anxiety. I really would.
I've have chronic anxiety every time I go out, every time I see someone. But hey I'm working on it, neverendingly working on it. Never done meds tho..wonder if