Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Eiaha.gif

There is literally no point to human life.
It used to be to procreate and ensure the continuation of the human species. But now with the worlds population at 7.6 Billion, that purpose for living, now no longer applies.
Living, is totally worthless and surplus to requirements.

I just can't understand how human beings can actually be content with living - in this day and age we live in, right now.
With the exception of the little amount of the population that posses so much money, that they can pay to have an unrestricted amount of pleasure in their daily lives.

But the other 99% of the world's population has no legitimate reason to keep living. :(

I am think I am doing better, but jeez people are complicated. They change like the weather.
Absolutely. Years ago I used to always think to myself "how do does everyone manage to stay so mentally stable!?"

But nowadays I don't, because you can frequently see so many people around you who are in the process of becoming "unhinged" mentally. Society as a whole seems to be "losing the plot" more and more each year.

Absolutely. Years ago I used to always think to myself "how do does everyone manage to stay so mentally stable!?"

But nowadays I don't, because you can frequently see so many people around you who are in the process of becoming "unhinged" mentally. Society as a whole seems to be "losing the plot" more and more each year.

It's discouraging, isn't it? It seems we can't go a month without hearing some outlandish cartoonishly wacky news from different parts of the world, to the point where you can't help but go "Sure, f**k it. Why not?"

I've all but stopped consuming news, and keep my circle close and narrow, where enjoying the little things isn't washed away in a tidal wave of negativity, so that life still holds some value in the short time that I have. Anyone who's willing to exist within this circle is invited, but I'm not seeking farther and harder than I have to anymore.

I don't quite think we're at the end, though. It think that society at large is seeing some severe growing pains that will normalize over time, but it's too tiring to care about, and what's a single person to do about it? It could take decades before we see changes for the better. I'll leave that to more caring- and more willing, souls than I.

Phoenixx

A majority of my time spent here, forever and a day ago it seems, was when I was in college..... And I'm still in f-ing college.

It is my last semester for most likely forever (woo!), but damn it if my senior thesis isn't giving me the worst headache. o_O Words won't flow, professor doesn't help, ugh.....

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
It's discouraging, isn't it? It seems we can't go a month without hearing some outlandish cartoonishly wacky news from different parts of the world, to the point where you can't help but go "Sure, f**k it. Why not?"

I've all but stopped consuming news, and keep my circle close and narrow, where enjoying the little things isn't washed away in a tidal wave of negativity, so that life still holds some value in the short time that I have. Anyone who's willing to exist within this circle is invited, but I'm not seeking farther and harder than I have to anymore.

I don't quite think we're at the end, though. It think that society at large is seeing some severe growing pains that will normalize over time, but it's too tiring to care about, and what's a single person to do about it? It could take decades before we see changes for the better. I'll leave that to more caring- and more willing, souls than I.

When TV's first came out and the news started being shown regularly, over time people started to believe that more crime and awful things were happening, when in reality the number was roughly the same but because we were more exposed to we assumed things were getting worse.

I am always on the side of monitoring what you consume, as it has a major effect on the type of world you live in and how you see it. We live in a culture that is adamant about making us feel like if we don't follow that or watch this or experience whatever that we are missing out. If you can break that cycle enjoy the little things and choose the things you value, I think you're doing something right.

There have been numerous studies that prove that a severe lack of adequate sleep, over an extended period of time, can take several years off your life expectancy.

You read that people are working more and more hours each year, just to get what is sometimes unrealistically required of them done, due to the growing fears of job-insecurity.
Sadly you are easily replaceable in today's workforce.

Although some of us don't actually want to live to a ripe old age, so the lower life expectancy would be welcome for a few of us.

@Pacific_Loner, Are you expected to do more work than you can realistically/properly complete, in the time you are expected to get it done by?

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
There have been numerous studies that prove that a severe lack of adequate sleep, over an extended period of time, can take several years off your life expectancy.

You read that people are working more and more hours each year, just to get what is sometimes unrealistically required of them done, due to the growing fears of job-insecurity.
Sadly you are easily replaceable in today's workforce.

Although some of us don't actually want to live to a ripe old age, so the lower life expectancy would be welcome for a few of us.

@Pacific_Loner, Are you expected to do more work than you can realistically/properly complete, in the time you are expected to get it done by?

Well I admit I've been over-working in the last weeks but that's because I had to do a course at the same time. I rarely go as far as cutting on sleep though. When I get to the point where the bunny is, I just go to sleep even if I'm not done. But of course I had to cut all my exercise time and my "reading and daydreaming" time. And also some of my eating time (I eat very slowly and even worst if in public) which means that when I work too much I'm losing weight (not a good thing in my case).

But I'll be done with my course tomorrow, and losing my job is not really a fear that I have right now, so I'm going to go back to normal hours soon, if only for the sake of my health.