Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MikeyC

I wanna Skyyyyyype with someone.
Hopefully this happened and you feel a lot better.

Today was one of those days. Sometimes it just feels like it is never going to change.
It will change. Just keep persisting. I go through these days (weeks!) myself and as dreary and terrible as they are, I do get out the other end. Of course, that's easy for me to say right now, when I'm not in the midst of depression, but that's the reality. Just keep going and remember that I'm a PM away.

It scares me too! :eek:

It is good to see you around here, friend :)
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I can't avoid it forever. I will do it tomorrow.

Thank you. I'm glad to be back!

twiggle

i wonder what it is about kindness that tick people off. it's not even a question of sincerity. how do we know if a person is truly sincere or not? can we consider ourselves such experts in character that we may know how people feel when they engage in certain acts? even the cruelest of men can have moments of genuine altruism.

i always thought that those who have seen the "dark side" have an equal understanding of pain and therefore know the value of gentleness. we always complain how others treat/judge us, and it usually leads to some form of resentment toward them, but the very thing that we hate in others is the same thing that we keep on doing to each other. we don't want to be judged yet we so easily judge. it seems like we're just as ignorant and self-serving as any bully we hated. the only difference is that we claim to know better than they do.

A very insightful and honest post which I agree with, particularly the second paragraph. You're right about the resentment. How does resenting others make ourselves look any better? How does it suggest that we're better and/or nicer people? The truth is, it doesn't. If anything, it makes us look worse, and much more self-serving as you say.

It's one thing to be resentful of others if things in our own lives aren't going exactly the way we want, but to then expect to be treated great by those same people is just ridiculous. This is something I learnt last Summer in a extremely rubbish but hugely enlightening phase.

Last edited:

Starry

I'm so very, very naughty... My husband's mother brought us a box of chocolates... I ate two of them... Fudge and hazelnut praline centres... I never eat chocolate anymore... I'm so bad...

You stopped at two, which is a very commendable effort. :)

Effort? No effort, Sir! Comes naturally... Besides which, I doubt it'll do much harm considering my daily fat intake is only around 30g total...

Just finished my morning weights workout, and seem to have pulled a muscle in my thumb... Not one of the muscles I was trying to work... *Rolls eyes*

MikeyC

Effort? No effort, Sir! Comes naturally... Besides which, I doubt it'll do much harm considering my daily fat intake is only around 30g total...
30g. Wow, I could intake that in one meal. :D For me, stopping eating chocolate when there's some in front of me is effort, so I think it's commendable from my point of view. :)

Srijita52

i wonder what it is about kindness that tick people off. it's not even a question of sincerity. how do we know if a person is truly sincere or not? can we consider ourselves such experts in character that we may know how people feel when they engage in certain acts? even the cruelest of men can have moments of genuine altruism.

i always thought that those who have seen the "dark side" have an equal understanding of pain and therefore know the value of gentleness. we always complain how others treat/judge us, and it usually leads to some form of resentment toward them, but the very thing that we hate in others is the same thing that we keep on doing to each other. we don't want to be judged yet we so easily judge. it seems like we're just as ignorant and self-serving as any bully we hated. the only difference is that we claim to know better than they do.
I agree with you. I guess its just natural for humans to judge others. Like my one friend said once, we always judge people and there's nothing to be ashamed about it. Maybe judging others is the way by which our ego protects us from feeling bad about ourselves.

montejocarlo

I agree with you. I guess its just natural for humans to judge others. Like my one friend said once, we always judge people and there's nothing to be ashamed about it. Maybe judging others is the way by which our ego protects us from feeling bad about ourselves.

yeah, it's been a norm. people do it all the time. maybe it is indeed a defense mechanism. although being a natural inclination doesn't make it any less damaging, especially if we are consciously aware that it's going to harm other people. i agree with your friend that we don't need to be ashamed about it. if we are not to judge others, we must also stop judging ourselves. but that doesn't mean we can close our eyes and pretend that it doesn't have negative effects on ourselves and the people around us. maybe the 1st step we need to take is accepting who we are - good and bad sides alike. but we must take further steps in order to move forward. and i think that include the effort of not harming others in any way. i don't mean we strive to be perfect or anything, but let's at least make an effort.

Last edited:

KiaKaha

Banned
I strongly dislike right wing political, economic and social conservatism. It's best not to talk to me about it because I get emotional.
I only bring this up because for the last half hour I have been trying to convince that the unemployed does not equal lazy - and that sometimes people have no control of their circumstances and actually need a hand up.

Srijita52

yeah, it's been a norm. people do it all the time. maybe it is indeed a defense mechanism. although being a natural inclination doesn't make it any less damaging, especially if we are consciously aware that it's going to harm other people. i agree with your friend that we don't need to be ashamed about it. if we are not to judge others, we must also stop judging ourselves. but that doesn't mean we can close our eyes and pretend that it doesn't have negative effects on ourselves and the people around us. maybe the 1st step we need to take is accepting who we are - good and bad sides alike. but we must take further steps in order to move forward. and i think that include the effort of not harming others in any way. i don't mean we strive to be perfect or anything, but let's at least make an effort.
I agree, I guess the best we can do is to accept ourselves and others for what we are. That doesn't mean we beat ourselves for every single mistake we make though because its really hard sometimes. Making a snap judgments both good and bad about people is what we're wired to do. We all do it to a point but what matters is how much we let those judgments get in the way when we're interacting with people. I think maybe its a good idea to give others a few chances before jumping to a conclusion about them.

montejocarlo

I agree, I guess the best we can do is to accept ourselves and others for what we are. That doesn't mean we beat ourselves for every single mistake we make though because its really hard sometimes. Making a snap judgments both good and bad about people is what we're wired to do. We all do it to a point but what matters is how much we let those judgments get in the way when we're interacting with people. I think maybe its a good idea to give others a few chances before jumping to a conclusion about them.

exactly what i mean. sometimes, our emotions get out of hand. that's why we shouldn't be hard on ourselves. but we must also consider others before we speak/act. our automatic reaction when someone hurts us is anger. there would be a strong need to retaliate and lash out. and it's ok to feel that way for a while, but we must be careful what actions we let on. we would also have the tendency to think worst of our attacker. but the truth is that we have no idea what motivation he/she could have had. for all we know, he/she could be in great pain - the kind we've never known or imagined making it hard for us to understand his/her behavior. i know it's almost impossible to find compassion for people who's harmed us, but maybe giving it is the only way to break the chain of hatred that our society has so intricately created and continued. if we look at it very closely, we'll see that no violence is founded by happiness, peace or contentment. it's always a result of pain, fear, and/or discontent. why would we hate those who are in pain, scared or unhappy?

Srijita52

exactly what i mean. sometimes, our emotions get out of hand. that's why we shouldn't be hard on ourselves. but we must also consider others before we speak/act. our automatic reaction when someone hurts us is anger. there would be a strong need to retaliate and lash out. and it's ok to feel that way for a while, but we must be careful what actions we let on. we would also have the tendency to think worst of our attacker. but the truth is that we have no idea what motivation he/she could have had. for all we know, he/she could be in great pain - the kind we've never known or imagined making it hard for us to understand his/her behavior. i know it's almost impossible to find compassion for people who's harmed us, but maybe giving it is the only way to break the chain of hatred that our society has so intricately created and continued. if we look at it very closely, we'll see that no violence is founded by happiness, peace or contentment. it's always a result of pain, fear, and/or discontent. why would we hate those who are in pain, scared or unhappy?
Yeah, so true. I think we can get there if we try although it seems tough.

montejocarlo

531320_10151969134390475_1577158331_n.jpg

shakethelight

My mom went down the shore for the weekend and it feels good not to have her negativity around me. So good. but, I am embarassed about my behavior lately.

DeadmanWalking

I'm roiling in my insanity right now::p:. As stonefaced as I am in person, my mind is a live party and, now, it feels as if that party got laced with alcohol:rolleyes:. I can't stop with the off-the-wall commentary! Maybe I've really gone insane this time or maybe I'm just really happy and excited, although about what remains a mystery. I think I can narrow it down though.

shakethelight

I'm roiling in my insanity right now::p:. As stonefaced as I am in person, my mind is a live party and, now, it feels as if that party got laced with alcohol:rolleyes:. I can't stop with the off-the-wall commentary! Maybe I've really gone insane this time or maybe I'm just really happy and excited, although about what remains a mystery. I think I can narrow it down though.

lol, I want whatever youre on. I want a party in my mind.::p: