Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Srijita52

Heya guys! I hope you all are great.

About that party I was talking about last time. It went really well! I had a bast and made 2 new friends. ^.^ I'm so excited. They've already talked about hanging out doing some fun stuff in the future. Still, life isn't great, but I'm happy to say the social thing is getting a little easier.

That's great shyangel! Congrats. :)

Srijita52

So I was wondering does one need to be rude to be honest? I personally think its possible to be honest without hurting the other person's feelings. Of course there maybe a fine line between these two and it also might be necessary to be a bit rude at times.
I know this person who hides her rudeness behind the excuse of being honest.
I might be wrong here though.

MikeyC

So I was wondering does one need to be rude to be honest? I personally think its possible to be honest without hurting the other person's feelings. Of course there maybe a fine line between these two and it also might be necessary to be a bit rude at times.
If you're brutally honest, that can be seen as rudeness. I guess it depends on te situation, actually. If someone is being unfriendly, there are nice ways and rude ways to let them know of their behaviour. Both may end up as you being rude to them, but it's still honesty.

Vampayah88

He already thinks he has the right to monitorize everything I do...huh, try to control me one more time and I'm dumping your ass.

KiaKaha

Banned

It's a fine line. I am not sure myself really. I know that I believe in tact, patience and sensitivity - I don't really see why you have to be rude to get your point across, there is no need to make someone feel bad...because we dont really know whats going on inside or how they are feeling...

BUT... on the flip side, some kinds of people don't deserve that courtesy, especially if they keep behaving the same way over and over again or who would quite happily treat YOU like garbage. In those cases I just push those people out of my life or be firm with them to get the message across. It's pretty rare I get like that - I think I have only done it a few times in my life.

It really depends on who you are dealing with and what the situation is like - I would take the tactful route first because most people respond well when they get treated as if the way that they are feeling actually matters.

MikeyC

I'm going out to some birthday dinner tonight. I'm already nervous about it. I'm really tired and I can feel the onset of a headache so hopefully both those things disappear.

hidwell

I'm going out to some birthday dinner tonight. I'm already nervous about it. I'm really tired and I can feel the onset of a headache so hopefully both those things disappear.

My advice, take some paracetamol with you and think of all the great food you will be eating ;)

Srijita52

If you're brutally honest, that can be seen as rudeness. I guess it depends on te situation, actually. If someone is being unfriendly, there are nice ways and rude ways to let them know of their behaviour. Both may end up as you being rude to them, but it's still honesty.
I agree, I guess it depends on the situation. But I do think if someone's making a small mistake that can be easily corrected there's no need to be overly rude.
It's a fine line. I am not sure myself really. I know that I believe in tact, patience and sensitivity - I don't really see why you have to be rude to get your point across, there is no need to make someone feel bad...because we dont really know whats going on inside or how they are feeling...

BUT... on the flip side, some kinds of people don't deserve that courtesy, especially if they keep behaving the same way over and over again or who would quite happily treat YOU like garbage. In those cases I just push those people out of my life or be firm with them to get the message across. It's pretty rare I get like that - I think I have only done it a few times in my life.

It really depends on who you are dealing with and what the situation is like - I would take the tactful route first because most people respond well when they get treated as if the way that they are feeling actually matters.
Agreed, people who treat us like garbage shouldn't be treated nicely. But most people would befit from the other way I guess.
I hope those disappear too and you have a good time. Good luck!

WeirdyMcGee

3 ways to tell your grandmother that her breath smells unpleasant:

1) loudly say: "Your breath smells like ****, woman!"
2) giggle and say quietly: "You've got a bit of morning breath, Gran."
3) say nothing and offer her some gum with a smile.

I knew a girl in highschool who would always go with option 1 and make a scene.
She would then say: "I'm just bein' honest!" to excuse her rudeness infront of everyone-- they would laugh and grandma would feel terribly embarrassed.
She liked attention. She liked to make a scene in negative ways.
That was why she was 'brutally honest'-- not because she wanted to be honest with grandma.
But using that excuse was one way she could convince herself that she wasn't a rude, inconsiderate person.

Srijita52

3 ways to tell your grandmother that her breath smells unpleasant:

1) loudly say: "Your breath smells like ****, woman!"
2) giggle and say quietly: "You've got a bit of morning breath, Gran."
3) say nothing and offer her some gum with a smile.

I knew a girl in highschool who would always go with option 1 and make a scene.
She would then say: "I'm just bein' honest!" to excuse her rudeness infront of everyone-- they would laugh and grandma would feel terribly embarrassed.
She liked attention. She liked to make a scene in negative ways.
That was why she was 'brutally honest'-- not because she wanted to be honest with grandma.
But using that excuse was one way she could convince herself that she wasn't a rude, inconsiderate person.
Great example Weirdy and yeah I completely agree. The girl in your highschool seems exactly like the person I mentioned earlier.

Phoenixx

Woke up this morning to find out that I have the whole house to myself until later this afternoon. I suppose that makes me feel a little better.

Maybe I'll do some cleaning, just to get my mind off things even though I don't really have any motivation to do anything.

WeirdyMcGee

... she turns on a court TV show-- full blast and then leaves the livingroom so I can ENJOY it while I'm trying to listen to music on my laptop?

...wtf, mom?
If you're not in the room, turn the TV off!! AGH!