Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

I miss an old friend who, as far as I know, hasn't returned when she said she would after disappearing to a country in Europe.

If ever there was a human being who came as close to perfect as possible, it was her.

She was so kind and caring, but never ever a doormat. She was assertive in just the right way. Hilarious, intelligent. Always had the right thing to say. I know she was also very unhappy at times because of her family life, but she truly deserves to find happiness and I hope she does, because she is a truly unique, wonderful person and I hope life doesn't change that about her.

I really do miss her ::(:

Srijita52

My psychologist told me I should do an activity outside college and I said I would want to volunteer in the animal shelter.

What I don't know is how am I supposed to do it if I can barely keep with uni, if I can barely go through my life, as simple as it is already, without wanting to kill myself. Suicidal thoughts are constant, no matter the changes in my life and I'm tired of being a burden to my family and to society itself.

Maybe that'll help, maybe not. I heard it helps to a lot of people, as some users have stated in this forum itself, but a lot of things that usually help, not to say all of them, don't seem to work for me.

Also, new psychiatrist this thursday since my last one became a mother and won't take patients for some time. Maybe this'll help, or maybe not.

I don't have much hope left anyway haha
Let's see what happens.
Good luck MrJones! I hope it helps.
I miss an old friend who, as far as I know, hasn't returned when she said she would after disappearing to a country in Europe.

If ever there was a human being who came as close to perfect as possible, it was her.

She was so kind and caring, but never ever a doormat. She was assertive in just the right way. Hilarious, intelligent. Always had the right thing to say. I know she was also very unhappy at times because of her family life, but she truly deserves to find happiness and I hope she does, because she is a truly unique, wonderful person and I hope life doesn't change that about her.

I really do miss her ::(:
She seems like a great person. I'm sorry, I know what its like not seeing a good friend for a long time.

MikeyC

My psychologist told me I should do an activity outside college and I said I would want to volunteer in the animal shelter.

What I don't know is how am I supposed to do it if I can barely keep with uni, if I can barely go through my life, as simple as it is already, without wanting to kill myself. Suicidal thoughts are constant, no matter the changes in my life and I'm tired of being a burden to my family and to society itself.

Maybe that'll help, maybe not. I heard it helps to a lot of people, as some users have stated in this forum itself, but a lot of things that usually help, not to say all of them, don't seem to work for me.

Also, new psychiatrist this thursday since my last one became a mother and won't take patients for some time. Maybe this'll help, or maybe not.

Let's see what happens.
Sorry you're having such trouble, mate. ::(: Keep your head up and chat to me whenever you need it.

Let's see what happens.

I think that it would help you if you were to go ahead and do the volunteer work regardless of the university. The thing is, sometimes changing physical things don't have much of a effect on the inside.

It might be inhumanly difficult, but you'll be making a good contribution to society. The suicidal thought you're having seem to be pretty strong, so it might take a stern rough approach to turn that around.

At least try it for about a week, and if you can't do it quit and discuss it with your psychiatrist. All those experiences aren't so much about what you do, but about what you learn.

MsBuzzkillington

Let's see what happens.

I would suggest that you should really, really consider the volunteer work out side of university. It would help with things A LOT I think. I mean, would you really feel like a terrible burden to society if you were HELPING others rather than doing nothing but sitting at home? I don't mean that in a cruel way, but if you feel like a burden to society... then get out there and make a difference in people's lives, ya know? I hope that doesn't seem cruel to say, just the "logical" part of my brain trying to work it out. It will give you a hobby type thing and a "purpose". I think you should do it, just try it at least.

MrJones

Thanks guys. Let's see how things go.

Don't worry MsBuzzkillington, it's not cruel to say, I know what you mean.

MrJones

always-be-yourself-unless-you-can-be-batman.jpg

Valhalla

Finally some rain. Too bad it wont stay for long.

I've had another really lazy day, except for a couple of minutes of physical work I've litterary been sitting at the computer all day. At least I finally managed to get all the rumare slaughterfish in one of my other, imaginary worlds. Had to shoot a couple of arrows and bash with my hammer. So at least my warrior had a productive day!

WeirdyMcGee

me: I find Chernobyl pretty fascinating...
brother's friend: really? 'fascinating'? Who even says that?
me: ...uhh... people who speak English?

~

brother's friend: oh, yeah-- we watched this REALLY old movie the other night. Planet of the Apes-- with marky mark.
**totally serious right now**
~

...seriously? SERIOUSLY?!
I guess I'm just old? Very old.
I can't imagine my children NOT knowing about the original Planet of the Apes movies. T__T
The best movies ever made were made in the late 60's to 80's! GAH!
What are people TEACHING their children?!
And fascinating?! It's not even a huge word-- it's totally practical!! @__@

I'll just go die now. I obviously don't belong in this era. haha

MrJones

~

brother's friend: oh, yeah-- we watched this REALLY old movie the other night. Planet of the Apes-- with marky mark.
~

I can't imagine my children NOT knowing about the original Planet of the Apes movies. T__T
I don't want to live on this planet anymore - YouTube
Not before me, madam.

Nathália

~

~

Ha, no. This little neighbor kid who comes over to plant with my mother brought a the planet of the apes movie over a few weeks ago. He was only 7, I guess some kids have more movie knowledge than others. I live in walking distance from family video, you know the places that still sell Video tapes and DVD's...I would be surprised if many kids in my area knew about that industry now, because they have so much technology. The amount of high technology my area has is ridiculous.

WeirdyMcGee

Ha, no. This little neighbor kid who comes over to plant with my mother brought a the planet of the apes movie over a few weeks ago. He was only 7, I guess some kids have more movie knowledge than others.

my brother's friend is 19... she's not a little kid or anything-- if she were 7, I might understand; but... 19... :rolleyes:

Nathália

my brother's friend is 19... she's not a little kid or anything-- if she were 7, I might understand; but... 19... :rolleyes:

Hay, I'm 19, and I know all about the planet of the apes movies. it depends on what version she was talking about. 2001 is not ancient to me, maybe 1968 would be, but not 2001. I know that was over 10 years ago and it does not even seem like it to me either, it seem like time flew, but I guess different people have different perspectives on time.