Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MikeyC

A couple of my friends are so fussy about their birthdays, it's really annoying. Two celebrations for the same birthday just because you couldn't decide which thing you wanted to do most? I went to the first one, I simply can't afford the second, but feel as though I'm going to be complained about for being a bad friend or something, because its a 'birthday'.
Birthdays stop being important after 21.
I think you've done the right thing. If they complain, tell them exactly what you've said here: you can't afford to go to both and you had to pick one. They should've combined their birthdays, I reckon.

I want to text this guy, but I'm conflicted. I guess I'm nervous. :/
I think you should do it! :)

MikeyC

Even though I sent him an online message, too?

I always have this fear that I'll come off as clingy or needy! ><
I see what you mean. This is up to you, basically. If you feel texting him will be overkill, then there's no need. Some guys like it when girls contact them a lot, though. :)

this_portrait

I see what you mean. This is up to you, basically. If you feel texting him will be overkill, then there's no need. Some guys like it when girls contact them a lot, though. :)

Welp, I shot for it. Here's to hoping it all goes well. -crosses fingers and toes-

MikeyC

Thanks!

And my God, he's even slow to reply to texts!
I have a mate who's exactly the same. I'll send a text and I'll think, "okay, he'll reply in a few hours." Lame. :) I guess this guy is the same. Unfortunate but what can you do? Except maybe call him.

this_portrait

I have a mate who's exactly the same. I'll send a text and I'll think, "okay, he'll reply in a few hours." Lame. :) I guess this guy is the same. Unfortunate but what can you do? Except maybe call him.

Funny, not long after I posted my last post, he responded, haha.

MikeyC

So my grandmother is back in hospital again. She's been in and out of hospital 6 times in the last year, and now she's back because her legs are bleeding and there's wounds that simply won't heal. She's also got paper-thin skin, can barely walk without a rollator (like a walking frame with wheels), sleeps all day, won't eat, on about 30 different tablets for various things, and has even discussed suicide.

Mum and dad went to see her today. She was hallucinating. I do believe she's on her last legs. I'll be very surprised if she sees out this year.

Wish I could have one friend that gave a **** about me.
I reckon there's more than one. What makes you say that?

1BlackSheep

So my grandmother is back in hospital again. She's been in and out of hospital 6 times in the last year, and now she's back because her legs are bleeding and there's wounds that simply won't heal. She's also got paper-thin skin, can barely walk without a rollator (like a walking frame with wheels), sleeps all day, won't eat, on about 30 different tablets for various things, and has even discussed suicide.

Mum and dad went to see her today. She was hallucinating. I do believe she's on her last legs. I'll be very surprised if she sees out this year.
So sorry, Mikey! It's tough seeing our loved ones in this condition. I hope that when it's her time, she goes quickly and painlessly.

MikeyC

So sorry, Mikey! It's tough seeing our loved ones in this condition. I hope that when it's her time, she goes quickly and painlessly.
Yeah, I know. There's literally nothing I can do except see her wasting away. I think she's waiting for death, as she realises she's not what she used to be. Eh, we'll see how she goes in hospital, which I believe she'll be in there for a long while.

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Srijita52

Yeah, I know. There's literally nothing I can do except see her wasting away. I think she's waiting for death, as she realises she's not what she used to be. Eh, we'll see how she goes in hospital, which I believe she'll be in there for a long while.

^Sorry to hear that Mikey, my grandmother passed away quite recently. I still can't believe this, it all happened so quick..

megalon

Sorry to hear that. It sounds very similar to the current situation with my grandfather. He's been in the hospital a few times in the last two or three months. He has to be hooked up to some kind of breathing machine for part of the day because he's not exhaling enough CO2 and it's building up in his body. He'll never be able to walk again. Last week they called the whole family in because he was almost unresponsive and the doctors thought he only had a few hours left, but somehow he pulled through. He was always stubborn like that. He's almost 93 and he's lived a pretty full life though. Last night I had a dream where he got better and he was back at his house walking around.

Phoenixx

I came across some childhood pictures today.
...Wow. That's all I can really think of.
I didn't even think I changed that much, but honestly I don't even recognize myself.