Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I hate meeting people, I mean new people. ha.
I put things of importance off just for that reason because it feels so friggin awkward. But then it feels even more awkward because people think I am weird or different due to this. There is no winning and no escape.

I'm exactly the same.

I think since he is going to be working on you and hopefully giving you some great ink that it is worth meeting him. A whole week-wow!

Well, the fella's got the design I'm wanting done. So, that give him plenty o' time to get a stencil made. I'll met him next week, anyway. So it's no like a missed opportunity. If if he does good work as his Facebook page suggests, I'll probably go back and get another tat done.

I'm get this Aries star sign tattoo on my inner right forearm.

tribal-aries-sign.jpg

It won't be much smaller than that, either. I know, it's cliché as f**k. But the 2 recommendations I got whenever I discussed getting a tattoo, were, either, some tribal design which hud nae meaning - which my cousin got done, it just look cool - or having yer star sign done. So, I thought might as combine the two, no? :question:

And I'm definitely going to get that 3D under-the-skin Scotland flag tattoo done afore going back to Edinburgh this summer. Might as well give folk something to look at, eh? Since folk tend to stare at me, anyway. :bigsmile:

Graeme1988

For fuc... Urgh! Folk on eBay, hey! They really get on ma nerves, sometimes. :kickingmyself:

Some dafty just messaged me thinking I'm living in Paddington, London. :confused: Eh, Scottish Borders? Dinnae think so, somehow! Offering to buy and collect an item I'm trying to sell. Now, he's messaged me back saying he confused the post code and is asking if he can speak to me? :idontknow:

Oh, he wrote both messages in what would appear to be broken English, as well. A Brixton native, possibly Hackney?
Ooh... that's a wee bit racist. It's just, y'know... you'd except better grammar from someone who lives in London, wouldn't ye, though? :eek:h:

Said he, the man with the funny accent, who failed to complete secondary school.

Graeme1988

He's a persistant wee gobshite this London fella. F**kin' chancer.

Telling me to meet him in the car-park of his local Sainbury in Ladbroke Grove, North London to buy an 8-string mandolin off me for his asking price of £25.

Well, he can...F**k. Right. Off! I'm no travel to North London at this time of night. He cun away n' shag himsel' for all I care.

Here's the part of Scotland where I live, right? I don't think I'll make to London in time for tomorrow afternoon. :kickingmyself

sw_scotlandmap.gif

Graeme1988

I like that design, Graeme. I am partial to Aries as that is my star sign, too! That looks very cool ;) Go for it!

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Molly. :thumbup:

I just hope my mum and older sister don't freak out, since they tend to overreact and question my judgement whenever I do things like this. As they did when I got my eyebrow pierced, when I was still under age. And most recently, 3 years ago, when I opted to shave my head.

My mum says she not bothered about me getting a tattoo, but she said the same thing about my orthopaedic surgery last year. And she was a nervous wreck while I was having that done, according to my oldest sister. So... :idontknow:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Am I a bit of a c**t for not wanting to meet the guy who's going to be tattooing me a whole week in advance? :question: Had to ask my sister to hand in the design for me. :eek:mg:

I'm not great at meeting new people.

I wouldn't stress about it.

One of my relatives has been a prominent tattooist for over 30 years, running his own shop from the same location. I grew up around these people.

One thing I've learned is they probably don't give two craps about meeting the person they'll be tattooing. They tattoo to earn money, not to be overly social. I mean, most don't mind a chat whilst working.

I've known a lot of people who can tattoo over the years, I've never heard them say the thing about their job they like most is meeting people.

Maybe when you watch tattooing tv shows they might sell you that line.

Graeme1988

I wouldn't stress about it.

One of my relatives has been a prominent tattooist for over 30 years, running his own shop from the same location. I grew up around these people.

One thing I've learned is they probably don't give two craps about meeting the person they'll be tattooing. They tattoo to earn money, not to be overly social. I mean, most don't mind a chat whilst working.

I've known a lot of people who can tattoo over the years, I've never heard them say the thing about their job they like most is meeting people.

Oh, glad to hear. Since my sister was banging on about having a bit of a chat while getting my tattoo done. Surely he's going to be more focus on getting my tattoo done, no? :question:

Maybe when you watch tattooing tv shows they might sell you that line.

Well I don't watch those tattoo reality TV shows that my oldest sister go on about, obsessively. So wouldnae know what impression it gives of tattoo artists.

Fk race.

I dont see ppl as race or the like...

I see you as the person that you are.

:applause: Agreed! :thumbup:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Surely he's going to be more focus on getting my tattoo done, no? :question:

A reputable tattooist will definitely be focused on their work. But he/she will also be confident enough to chit chat whilst working. It can be a bit uncomfortable for both of you to be sitting there in stone cold silence..lol.

Where (on your body) will you be getting your tatt?:thinking:

Graeme1988

A reputable tattooist will definitely be focused on their work. But he/she will also be confident enough to chit chat whilst working. It can be a bit uncomfortable for both of you to be sitting there in stone cold silence..lol.

That's true. Though, I'm not great at making small talk, especially with folk I don't really know that well. :idontknow:

Where (on your body) will you be getting your tatt?:thinking:

Initially, I thought about getting on my shoulder, but then settled on having it on my inner right forearm. And, if all goes well, I think I'll get another in a couple months.

chibiXphantom

got my last shipment from walmart.com before they decided to get rid of free shipping to Alaska...

my can of hot chocolate mix broke open and there is chocolate powder all over everything else in the box (and the carpet as well...)

I was ready to go back to work two weeks ago, and to pick my life back up again.

Naturally, like clockwork, my brother ****s things up at home and has to crash with us (including his kids) when I'm at my most vulnerable, causing a situation that regressed me almost entirely.

I was so close. It was finally my time to take care of things.

MollyBeGood

I was ready to go back to work two weeks ago, and to pick my life back up again.

Naturally, like clockwork, my brother ****s things up at home and has to crash with us (including his kids) when I'm at my most vulnerable, causing a situation that regressed me almost entirely.

I was so close. It was finally my time to take care of things.

That s u x
I was just thinking the same thing. I finally feel like i am getting a hold on things and progressing and someone always messes it up at the worst time. I also regress back to where I fought hard to get away from.

That s u x
I was just thinking the same thing. I finally feel like i am getting a hold on things and progressing and someone always messes it up at the worst time. I also regress back to where I fought hard to get away from.

And then you just get skeptical of every time there's some breathing room. Just waiting for the hammer to come down.

Habits. It seems like most of my good habits have been concerning little/unimportant things, and most of my bad habits have been concerning important things. It's the wrong way around. No wonder i'm so screwed up!

Graeme1988

I don't enjoy life, I just endure it. This has been the case for my whole life, even as a child. :sad:

Aye, me anaw. It's shite, innit?

Why is it the wimmin in my family tend to find physical harm done to me hysterically funny. Yet, if I were to wack them on their right knee while opening a cupboard door it'd be...

Oww! You did on purpose... Dinnae lie, ye did so!

Also, are all single mothers, generally, utter pish when comes to advice being given, more so to their sons than daughters? Or, is just my maw who's glaikit? Summit's no right when ah keep gettin' the same answer to every question. FFS!:kickingmyself:

And she says she had a brain, she'd be dangerous. Ha! I'd argue that clearly lacking in that department has proven otherwise in her case.

Sorry if that sounds sexist of me to ask. No that ma dad wus any better, like. Both my parents couldnae really be arsed when it came passing on their best advise. Ye were just expected to know... :eek:h: