Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

ciad.jpg

Something that really bugs me is when space is used inefficiently. Even more so when it concerns a cupboard that I desperately need more space in.

So for the better part of yesterday I used the scraps I had from another (broken) Ikea cupboard to build a rack for all the consoles. I can even expand it for future arrivals. I would have to unplug them for the power supply though, because as you can see there really are no vacancies at that inn.

You know how they say ''Not too shabby?'' Well, that doesn't apply here. It's definitely shabby. I'm pretty sure the pegs aren't even level. But whatever, it works.

YellowBird

so i can tolerate crippling fear of people,self loathing too..along with depression,but my god,anhedonia is wearing me out,the boredom,having nothing to interest you..at all..i can't listen to music,i can't watch movies,i can't even appreciate the beauty of a flower,i'm a vegetable.and i don't know if it's due to pills or the result of depression.

MollyBeGood

so i can tolerate crippling fear of people,self loathing too..along with depression,but my god,anhedonia is wearing me out,the boredom,having nothing to interest you..at all..i can't listen to music,i can't watch movies,i can't even appreciate the beauty of a flower,i'm a vegetable.and i don't know if it's due to pills or the result of depression.

anti depressants can completely make you into a void of passion soul. What kind are you taking and what dose?
TBH that is why I stopped taking them. Besides that I wasn't interested in sex anymore and that really scared me, no orgasm-what! I could "function" in the world but I was a zombie-freaked me out. I lost all my fight too. People could control me much easier, also very scary. I think they are not for everyone. They also made me suicidal, which I have never been in my entire life. The first time I stopped taking them. Now I have a pattern for suicidal thoughts i never had before taking them.

Last edited:

MollyBeGood

Starting watching Hannibal. It's a very smart show and I really like the main character. I dislike the idea of that much blood and gore being on a network station for kids to see, however. Things are really crazy what is out there for kids. I worry about them :(

Lavinialuna

Do it! You might have some fun. Plus with three of them, you can keep most of the conversation on them and listen, and chime in only when you feel like it. Plus you'll get a nice meal out of it, haha.

Unless you're the gingerbread man, there's no need to be running away as fast as you can. This is a great opportunity to overcome your anxiety for the day. It should be pretty evident right away whether you can handle the stress that comes with reuniting with old friends, and when you are relieved that you can, you'll be thankful you did. Besides—since you may or may not be the gingerbread man, you always have the option of running away, since no one can catch you.

The group dynamic should significantly shift the focus off of you and Mikey is right, you will only have to chime in when you feel comfortable, unless you are asked something directly. Luckily, a simple "not much" should suffice, if you are asked about what you have been up to for the past twenty years. Instantly return the question and all will be well in the world.

Plus, what better time to see if the restaurant carries the classic MikeyC manwiches. I've never been to Australia, but I hear the manwiches alone are enough reason to visit.
Thanks for the encouragement :)

anti depressants can completely make you into a void of passion soul. What kind are you taking and what dose?
TBH that is why I stopped taking them. Besides that I wasn't interested in sex anymore and that really scared me, no orgasm-what! I could "function" in the world but I was a zombie-freaked me out. I lost all my fight too. People could control me much easier, also very scary. I think they are not for everyone. They also made me suicidal, which I have never been in my entire life. The first time I stopped taking them. Now I have a pattern for suicidal thoughts i never had before taking them.
I agree with Molly, I had similar side effects. The antidepressants they kept using to treat my anxiety caused depression and suicidal thoughts. I decided in the long run that the anxiety was the lesser of two evils. Still, make sure you are talking to your doctor and doing your research. Doctors are helpful, but sometimes even they don't know what they are talking about. Keep informed.

MollyBeGood

Re: n/a

The Road Runner has been sighted running around these forums recently—does anybody know if the one and only coyote still makes person appearances in these boards anymore? If ever there were a time when we needed his Rube Goldberg-esque contraptions, it would be now.

In case the coyote does show up and comment with one of his awesome, classic one-liners, I need to make sure he signs my copy of his latest book. I think it's clever how he subtly uses the coyote to represent his anxiety and how he feels towards the influence it has over him. Often times, my anxiety feels like the futile effort of trying to catch The Road Runner.

Ur icon is cute-who is that?

I don't ever remember seeing you here before, are you new? Did you know Coyote? Last I heard he moved on to greener pastures.

MollyBeGood

Maybe he got in a real serious relationship. Those can take up a lot of time and usually keep people off support web sites if they (relationships) give you proper support. No time for posting, too much lovin' LoL

Maybe he got in a real serious relationship. Those can take up a lot of time and usually keep people off support web sites if they (relationships) give you proper support. No time for posting, too much lovin' LoL

I hope it was something positive like that. I liked him from what bit we had talked. Seems like a good down-to-earth dude.

Ithior

Just taken up smoking today. It's really great actually.

Please try not to smoke near other people or indoors, unless everyone else there is a smoker as well. As a non-smoker I hate people smoking inside restaurants and bars, as well as next to me on the street (even if they're 5 meters away). At home, even if my mum is smoking in another division, the smoke goes all over the place.

jimmy75

Please try not to smoke near other people or indoors, unless everyone else there is a smoker as well. As a non-smoker I hate people smoking inside restaurants and bars, as well as next to me on the street (even if they're 5 meters away). At home, even if my mum is smoking in another division, the smoke goes all over the place.
Don't worry, I understand what you mean. It sucks when people force things on you that you don't want. I've noted what you've said.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Roxas from the Kingdom Hearts series.

Coyote didn't know me, but I certainly knew him. Always watching.

I've been around the boards since '09, made an account in '11, stared posting in '14—there's really no explanation behind the reasoning there, but that's how it happened. I'm familiar with many of the frequent members on here now and it's strange to be a part of all of this when so many classic members either don't make regular appearances or have departed altogether.

As I remember, many members seemed to have started a thread detailing their progress yet wishing everyone a fond farewell, as they felt it was time to move on in their life. I even think someone who lurked made an account just to tell people he wouldn't be lurking anymore, but thanked everyone for all their encouraging words.

You'd think, though, with Coyote—being a moderator—there would, at least, be some kind of "passing of the torch." I mean, are there any moderators still active on this site?

Sounds like we've found a SPW historian :thumbup::perfect:

Ithior

How do you transmit to other people that you're only looking for a low maintenance (?) relationship? By low maintenance I mean not texting the other person 24/7, not having to do every single activity together, and so on. These things are the kind of things I see people all around me do, and I don't want to have to do them. My friends always bring along their boyfriends/girlfriends when we go out, and if one can't go the other won't go either.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Fiona Apple is the first thing that comes to mind, right now. :greeting:

Years ago, I never imagined I would ever be conversing with the all these classic members within the first 24 hours of me posting on here. I had a game plan, though. I devised a method in which I would progressively allow myself to slowly creep into the inner-circle using my charm, charisma, and the way I wiggle my eyebrows when I enunciate my sometimes invalid points. It was going to be genius and eventually, everyone would notice me and just shrug, "wait, who is this person?" It's like a teenage girl at a boy band concert and I would just be happy that any of you had acknowledged my existence.

For me, though, being able to converse with you all, it's like going to the concert and being given the opportunity to go up on stage and sing with the artists themselves. Although, we all can agree that is one of the least likely scenarios—us all being up on stage performing a show that people paid to see. You have to admit, though, that is a humorous notion!

You may not think it's true, but you all are like the bosses around here, and it's like my first day on the job at the register. If even, for just a moment, take joy in the fact that you all are popular, accepted, and admired for being the amazing people that you are on here. It's kind of like a home away from home. We may not be the most exciting people and we may not be as happy and motivated as most, but we have each other to lean on, converse with, vent our frustrations and problems to, and just help us get each other through the days.

Truth be told, I see many of you as like my family. :shyness:

Fiona Apple is always nice to have on the mind :bigsmile:

This is a great community, with lots of awesome and supportive people. A few bad apples here and there, but overall people are good here. Careful not to get too wrapped up though, it can take over!