Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

dean01

today kinda sucked had to claim for JSA as they stopped me ESA for stupid reasons and the advisor woman was a complete bitch, told her i have SA so dont want anything in retail or something..well you know what i mean and she lectured me about how i "have" to work and i cant be picky blah blah blah...in the end i just snapped and had a massive go at her and kinda threw a chair so got kicked out the job centre..luckily the claim was done before she pissed me off
i know what you mean about the job center the staff are just rude, i had a meeting there and the lady spoke to me as if i was lying about being ill. the interview was held in an open office with people everywhere and she wanted to interagate me about my sa, they quite clearly dont understand.
welldone for staying as long as you did i walked out of my meeting before my claim was done.

Last edited:

Duzmiu

i know what you mean about the job center the staff are just rude, i had a meeting there and the lady spoke to me as if i was lying about being ill. the interview was held in an open office with people everywhere and she wanted to interagate me about my sa, they quite clearly dont understand.
welldone for staying as long as you did i walked out of my meeting before my claim was done.

yea job centre is horrible place to go, was on ESA but apparently my "situation" wasnt serious enough according to there bull**** interview thing i had to do all because i was smiling during it..ofc i was smiling i was on my 3rd energy drink and just won £50 on a scratchcard..i even told the interviewer that :/

i woulda walked out before my claim was done but i give half to my mum for rent, if i dont pay rent she will kick me out so yea :/
she didnt even know i was on ESA in the first place i pretended to still be on JSA and now i gotta switch back with out her knowing...dont fancy an arguement followed by questions that make me uncomfortable

MikeyC

I thought my social anxiety was improving since May 2012, when I was forced to face it head on with meetings at work, interacting with scores of people on a daily basis... and I thought I was making better impressions upon others I come by in person since then.

How I act in social situations doesn't represent the total sum of what I value, my inner cognition and who I am. I wish people could understand this.

However, apparently due to a recent and unexpected confrontation I had about how I act, it's sending me on a downward spiral pushing me back to where I was, and I cannot resurface.

I'm beyond mortified.
Whoa, haven't seen you around for a very long time!

I'm sorry that you're being pushed back. If you would like to share, what was the confrontation all about?

The thing is: maybe this person couldn't cope with you being more confident about yourself and your abilities, and decided it was up to them to pull you down a notch or two. This could be more about their ego than you.

Nathália

However, apparently due to a recent and unexpected confrontation I had about how I act, it's sending me on a downward spiral pushing me back to where I was, and I cannot resurface.

I'm beyond mortified.

Sorry that you had a confrontation with someone. Pain at times can be too hard to just brush off because it cuts so deep. Do you feel like you have to talk about something?

twiggle

I can't believe the nurse involved in the Kate Middleton hospital prank has committed suicide. It's so sad. Hopefully this will make more people aware of the power their words can have - not always in a positive way. Careless talk really does cost lives. I also can't help but feel a bit sorry for the radio presenters because I'm sure they meant it all in good humour and now they have a guilt they will live with forever. The whole thing is just tragic and should never have happened.

I also have a 2nd date with the guy from last week and I'm more nervous this week than last. He's booked a table, and I don't like eating in front of others, particularly not guys I'm attracted to. I get very self-conscious of the food around my face. Hopefully it'll be dark in the restaurant.

MikeyC

I can't believe the nurse involved in the Kate Middleton hospital prank has committed suicide. It's so sad. Hopefully this will make more people aware of the power their words can have - not always in a positive way. Careless talk really does cost lives. I also can't help but feel a bit sorry for the radio presenters because I'm sure they meant it all in good humour and now they have a guilt they will live with forever. The whole thing is just tragic and should never have happened.
The radio presenters are Australian and it's all over the news here. I'm sure it was meant to be just a prank but it has gone so wrong. I didn't hear what the prank was so I can't really comment on that.

I also have a 2nd date with the guy from last week and I'm more nervous this week than last. He's booked a table, and I don't like eating in front of others, particularly not guys I'm attracted to. I get very self-conscious of the food around my face. Hopefully it'll be dark in the restaurant.
Oh, don't worry. He wants to see you again so just be yourself and everything will be fine. :)

Valhalla

I was in the pharmacy the other day to buy vitamines and similar. But I got confused when I stood there, I'm pretty sure I lack Iron so there are pills for that. But then there's B-vitamin, E-vitamin, magnesium etc. They are all very expensive. Should I just buy the Iron ones and hope they will do? I didn't get any remark last time I checked my blood (although I don't know at all if they checked if I lack anything), but I know that I'm nearly always tired and out of energy.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

dottie

@valhalla lol just take an adult daily multi-vitamin. just read the back and make sure it says you're getting 100% of your daily iron intake. if you're female, there are daily multi-vitamins specifically for women.