Post your picture thread

Diluted_Acid

celestialrecluse said:
Diluted_Acid-you have amazing eyes, those eyelashes are to die for! lols!

Why thank you! Lol the only one who tells me i'm good looking is my mum. :) I'm not being polite back . . . But i would class you as beautiful yourself if thats you in your avatar.

that1guy

1stdayofschool.jpg

Im on the right... and yes I do have it on my myspace haha

Iseesky

Random002.jpg

Me! Sorry...it's kinda big.

PointRobertsandCentennial085.jpg

My favourite place on Earth...I'm not going to tell you where it is because that's creepy. But, my grandparents have a cabin right on the beach. It only takes about 15 minutes to drive there. It's beautiful, and I go there all the time in the summer.

gobbledegook

LostViking said:
(And yes, that's one of his first adventures with a window)

Did you try your dog with a mirror yet? When my parrot saw a mirror he was 8O hehe

LostViking said:
I'm honestly worried about waking up to "Wake up, Viking" in the middle of the night..

You should be more worried about me sailing over in my little boat and axing you! ;)

dpr

Prescious said:
Meow, why are you here in the Social Anxiety forum?
There is no way in hell that you have SA looking like that,
and I have to question why are you here. And then on top of that,
you look like you are at a bar or restaurant of some sort which
is a big NO NO for people with SA and Agoraphobia, So again
What is your real reason for being here? Are you trying to mock us?
If not, then what is your agenda here in the SA forum?

That's not cool. Don't judge people for why they are here. People have many different kinds of SA/SP. For instance, I have little problems talking to strangers one on one, but when I am in a group of people that is where the SA/SP really comes on full force.

Just because Meow has pictures of herself in a bar with people, does not mean her life is just peachy! You know nothing about her! For all you know, it was part of her exposure therapy. Maybe she forced herself to go out to please someone else.

And even if she is posting in this forum and doesn't have SA/SP, I would welcome people without it to post here in an effort to better understand us sufferers of SA/SP. Isn't that what we all want as SA/SP sufferers? To be understood by those who are unfamiliar with our phobia/anxiety?

Your post was very judgemental and uncool.

dpr

Meow said:
TAMPA-BAY which one are you? because everyone in that photo is VERY good looking! And i'd also like to thank you for your previous post because I think Prescious was exremely out of line, and you were very correct with everything you wrote.

Prescious, honestly how dare you. Look how long I have been on this site, read my previous posts and see if I have EVER mocked ANYONE on this site. I have been nothing but kind, I've made posts asking for help and I think it's absoloutely horrible of you to judge someone by the way they look.
Yes, SOMETIMES I can face bars, SOMETIMES, I can face crowds. But for the last 3 months I have locked myself up in my house and only driven my car twice. I have driven my only 2 friends here away because I can't make myself go out with them. I self harm and have even cut my face recently. I have BPD, SA, SAD, Pannic attacks and Depression. I am on 3 pills of klonopin a day and have tried many anti depressents to try and help especially with my anxiety. Ask me something and I will know it because I have LIVED it and I DO live it.
What right do you have to jump to conclusions on the way someone looks? I live with this every day of my life.
I haven't been able to work. I've had 2 temporary jobs in 4 years. I've been to many psychiatrists and psychologists.

I do some modeling here and there, I model for a popular website but please tell me how that proves I do not have SA? How do any of these pics prove I don't have SA? They're PHOTOS, you don't know me and i'm glad you don't.

NEVER judge a book by it's cover. What about the celebrities who have had SA? I look the way I look. What am I supposed to look like to fit the criteria of having SA?

Exactly. Never knew you had to look a certain way to have SA.

anonymous_r

I agree with the post above, like - when I'm with my true good friends I can act stupid around them and generally have a good time but when I'm with someone I don't know or in a group, I just keep my mouth shut.

dpr

Prescious said:
You know what meow, obviously you are offended because I hit a nerve
but on the other hand if you read my posts very carefully, you
would see that what I am saying to you is not so much of an insult
but rather a compliment. Because basically I am saying is that
you are too pretty and you go out to restaurants too much to
have SA. People with Social Anxiety DO NOT GO OUT. And if they
do like myself, it's once in a while and it hurts them to go out. Or
they go out only in extreme emergency cases like their hungry
or something but other than that people with real SA do not go out
OR they are extremely nervous and self conscious and very
uncomfortable when they go out so they stay home like the rest
of this forum

So everyone who has YOUR anxiety disorder has to behave exactly like YOU do they?

I play in a band where I sing on stage all the time, something that I happen to know a lot of people are tremendously afraid of.

But I am scared to death of talking to groups of people, even a few people in an informal group.

I engage in avoidance behaviour so that I don't have to deal with it. It has affected my job and my social life tremendously.

My therapist told me I have social anxiety and we are currently doing CBT and exposure therapy to help me with it.

Just because someone may be "uninhibited" in one way, doesn't mean that they AREN'T ALLOWED to be anxious in other social situations.

As Meow has already mentioned, what about the celebrities who have some form of social anxiety but have no problem getting up on stage? Michael Jackson, Carly Simon are some who spring to mind.

You are so goddamned judgemental it makes my head spin!

Just because Meow does not exhibit her symptoms of SA exactly like you do, it doesn't mean her problem is any less important than yours.

jesus christ