Post your favourite music

Hot_Tamale

Those first 3 Sonic the Hedgehog games were my childhood, man. I remember my cousin and I would spend ages playing them. That, and Road Rash. Remember those games? Particularly Road Rash 3D... that game's soundtrack was my first exposure to alternative rock and metal, (alongside the theme song from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers). :giggle: But the Sonic 3 soundtrack was where I really started to get an ear for music, y'know? Which is hardly surprising since Michael Jackson originally wrote the soundtrack for Sonic 3.
I've never heard of road rash but I did play sonic 1 & 2 all the time. Sonic 3 I rented from a store for a few weeks. Other than making cameo appearances in some video games I had no idea MJ had anything to do with game production.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Man, I am addicted to the carnival night zone part of this ost! (at the 17th minute)

:giggle: That, Marble Garden Zone and Ice Cap Zone - those are the pieces of music that come to mind for me when I think about Sonic 3. I can recall not wanting finish those levels cuz the music was great.

So much so that I'm now listening to a lotta the soundtracks from video games that I grew up playing, and using them as inspiration for the electronic music I'm attempting to make myself.

I also personally prefer the 8 bit versions of video games rather than their remakes, especially for Pokémon.

Same here. Can't beat the older video games, especially platform games. :thumbup:
Though, that said, I might be a wee bias due growing up with those sorta games. :bigsmile:

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Am I weird? Born in the late 80s, grew up in the 90s, but prefers music that most my age don't listen to? :question:
Och, who cares?! 80s electronic synth music is feckin' quality.
egyptian.gif

Plus, had my local radio station not been stuck in the 80s, as they are; and I had no internet access, I probably wouldn't have heard of the synthwave genre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mih-1mACh7k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4SXjfVeGEQ&list=PLl5ROYhd2iEpnl1TczbyaO-Qowu6lOnlF

Uma2rman - Токсины (ПРЕМЬЕРА КЛИПА!!!!) - YouTube

накопились токсины : toxins accumulated

Uma2rman - Путин, не ссы! - YouTube

This one is funny too, it talks about the astrological sign of Vlad Putin : Libra

@00:10 the translation of what Putin says is : Good morning my dear colleagues, anything good you did for the Russian people during last week, Huh? Why are you keeping quiet? You didn't do anything? What are you being paid for?

Last edited: