Post your Favorite Quotes!

Kiwong

Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies

Nelson Mandela

“If life doesn’t turn out exactly as you planned, don’t be surprised. Life is the great unknown. Even though we plan and scheme and make millions of assumptions about the future, the truth is that we don’t know what can happen in the next moment, let alone the next five weeks, months or years. So don’t be surprised when things don’t go according to your ideas, just relax and remember, life isn’t personal, it’s just life. Be open to the ever changing conditions and flow with them. Don’t get stuck.” - Michael Kewley

SilentBird

470_2693815.png

"I've been feeling very gloomy all day, not my usual cheery self at all."
- Richmond, The IT Crowd

Regret93

Last night, I watched a movie directed by Todd Solondz called "Storytelling", and John Goodman's character said something that made me laugh out loud:

"There's optimism, and then there's stupidity. It's a very fine line."

from here: http://qarcon.tumblr.com/post/67486500265/someone-wrote-a-little-story-on-the-wall-in-the

tumblr_mwj071WDH71ql6f0zo1_500.jpg

Someone wrote a little story on the wall in the college toilets

"There once was an old man who took long walks on the beach every morning. One day he saw a young man dancing in the distance. As he got closer he realised he wasn’t dancing at all, but reaching down and throwing small crabs into the sea. "Young man, what are you doing?" he asked. "Throwing crabs back into the sea" he replied, "they’ll die if I don’t help them." The old man looked down at the hundreds of small crabs scattered on the beach for miles. "But there must be millions of them," the old man told him aghast. "You can’t possibly make a difference." The young man bent down, picked up another crab and threw it into the ocean. "It made a difference to that one.""

“Sometimes you meet someone, and it’s so clear that the two of you, on some level belong together. As lovers, or as friends, or as family, or as something entirely different. You just work, whether you understand one another or you’re in love or you’re partners in crime. You meet these people throughout your life, out of nowhere, under the strangest circumstances, and they help you feel alive. I don’t know if that makes me believe in coincidence, or fate, or sheer blind luck, but it definitely makes me believe in something” - unknown

greggy

Its like a finger pointing at the stars,
Do not look at the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory! The great bruce lee

dottie

1009800_10151611037844247_1296490994_n.jpg

I've been absolutely terrified every moment of my life...
...and I've never let it keep me from a single thing I wanted to do.

dottie

"In many shamanic societies, if you came to a medicine person complaining of being disheartened, dispirited, or depressed, they would ask one of four questions. When did you stop dancing? When did you stop singing? When did you stop being enchanted by stories? When did you stop finding comfort in the sweet territory of silence?"

From Gabrielle Roth.