Post your Favorite Quotes!

Dusti

"Simplify" ~ Henry David Thoreau ~

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make" ~ The Beatles (Lennon-McCartney) ~

Last edited:
“The person who risks nothing, does nothing and becomes nothing may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn, feel, change, grow or love.” - Leo Buscaglia

SilentBird

In the course of evolution nature has gone to endless trouble to see that every individual is unlike every other individual. We reproduce our kind by bringing the father's genes into contact with the mother's. These hereditary factors may be combined in an almost infinite number of ways. Physically and mentally, each one of us is unique. Any culture which, in the interests of efficiency or in the name of some political or religious dogma, seeks to standardize the human individual, commits an outrage against man's biological nature.
- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World Revisited

Kiwong

In the moments of my deepest despair, the natural world has never looked so beautiful, as if it has come to soothe me.

Kiwong

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched- they must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Our parents had parents, too—they were wounded as children, too—and they didn’t know any more about how to get it right in this life than we do. Most of us are not victims of our parents, so much as we and our parents have all been living for years at the effect of the unevolved, fear-based energies permeating this world. None of us deserves blame and all of us deserve compassion. Sometimes you cant really forgive your parents until you have allowed yourself to cry for them - Marianne Williamson

"I tell my students, ‘When you get these jobs that you have been so brilliantly trained for, just remember that your real job is that if you are free, you need to free somebody else. If you have some power, then your job is to empower somebody else. This is not just a grab-bag candy game.” - Toni Morrison

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.” - Marc Hack

WaningMoon

It doesnt matter if its from an anime to a movie made 60 years ago!

Just post ya favorite quotes!

Mine: "If i wore a tie, it wouldn't change who i am. If i had no piercings, it wouldnt mean im nice. And if my hair was black it wouldnt stop me from kicking your A**!" -Hatsuharu Sohma (BLack Haru) Fruits Basket episode 16 or on youtube Fruits Basket Funny Moment 20

Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't. Stupid enough to do it anyway.

I don't remember the author. It applied for me some time ago.

SilentBird

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.” - Marc Hack

This is so very relevant to me. I consider myself too broken, too useless and I feel too scared to show how I feel. It almost makes me feel like :crying: