Post your Favorite Quotes!

Iluv

A career is wonderful, but you can't curl up with it on a cold night.
~ Marilyn Monroe

montejocarlo

1) What is more pointless than having wings and not being able to fly? (from AirTv)

2) Being hurt inevitably breeds feelings of hatred towards your attacker. But when we hurt others, we have to deal with their hatred for us, and our own feelings of guilt... But knowing what it feels to be hurt is exactly why we try to be kind to others... That's what makes us human. (from Naruto)

3) If you think of someone's good qualities as the plum on the rice ball, it's as if their qualities are stuck to their back. People around the world are like rice balls. Everyone has a plum with different shape and color and flavor. But because it's stuck on their back, they cannot see it...
...Maybe the reason people get jealous of each other is because they can see so clearly the plum on other people's back but not on their own. (from Fruits Basket)

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
“We become just by the practice of just actions, self-controlled by exercising self control, and courageous by performing acts of courage.” – Aristotle

One for the man's birthday:

"The worst way to miss someone is to have them right next to you knowing that you'll never be with that person"

Gabriel García Márquez

Last edited:

Aletheia

I tore myself away from the safe comfort of certainties through my love for the truth; and truth rewarded me.

(Simone de Beauvoir)

KiaKaha

Banned
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less - Marie Curie

You are free, to do what we tell you - Bill Hicks

I am not obsessed with asses - Larry David

028ellie81

I am powerful and loving
I am powerful and loved
I am powerful and I love it!

or

Ships in harbours are safe but thats not what ships are built for

These make me smile :)

"Have you ever tried simply turning off the TV, sitting down with your children, and hitting them?" ~Bender, Futurama.

"There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true."
Sir Winston Churchill British politician (1874 - 1965) *

bcsr

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill (I think)

"You gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?" - Wyatt Earp, Tombstone

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
“All we are is the result of what we have thought” – Buddha

“We become just by the practice of just actions, self-controlled by exercising self control, and courageous by performing acts of courage.” – Aristotle

“Self knowledge is best learned not by contemplation, but by action.” – Goethe

Iluv

I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs ~ Robert Downey Jr.
:D .

Iluv

I found this and would like to share it.

Attachments

• tumblr_lx4rsrD0IO1qbg0ryo1_500_large.jpg
    tumblr_lx4rsrD0IO1qbg0ryo1_500_large.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 0

montejocarlo

believe-nothing-buddha-posters.jpg

Last edited:

powerfulthoughts

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall he able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38,39)