Post your Favorite Quotes!

Tinkertoes

It doesnt matter if its from an anime to a movie made 60 years ago!

Just post ya favorite quotes!

Mine: "If i wore a tie, it wouldn't change who i am. If i had no piercings, it wouldnt mean im nice. And if my hair was black it wouldnt stop me from kicking your A**!" -Hatsuharu Sohma (BLack Haru) Fruits Basket episode 16 or on youtube Fruits Basket Funny Moment 20

Dead_on_Arrival

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Arthur Roche

KnuffleBunny

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so." - Ford Prefect, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (quote's been in my head all day)
"We can only be what we give ourselves the power to be." - Cherokee saying
"No matter how terrible or brilliant, the author writes their very own soul." - My character Daniel

BiWinning

Anything that has ever been spoken or written by Oscar Wilde, though my favourites would be:
"I am not young enough to know everything"
"The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. This is what Fiction means."

brainfog

"i never asked for this" - Adam Jensen
"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best" - random old guy i was ringing up at my old cashier job

Dead_on_Arrival

My old captain would say this all the time,

"The 7 p's, Prior Preperation and Planning Prevents a Piss Poor Performance"
And
"Fail to prepare, prepare to fail"

Sora

I have way too many but here is a few I love and that keep me going / give me inspiration etc...

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, you'll be successful"

"People who are conventionally clever get jobs on their qualifications (the past), not on their desire to succeed (the future)."

"The road to someday leads to the town of nowhere"​

Blabla..

“When asked “What thing about humanity surprises you the most?”, the Dalai Lama answered:

“Man…. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”

"The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not." - Mark Twain

"Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

“Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

MaliceInWickedland

"Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts."
- Albert Einstein

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."
- Helen Keller

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
- Oscar Wilde

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
- Oscar Wilde

"I quit therapy because my analyst was trying to help me behind my back."
- Richard Lewis

coyote

"It is we who are the measure of what is strange and miraculous: if we sought a universal measure the strange and miraculous would not occur and all things would be equal."
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

DeadmanWalking

I don't know who says them, but here are some that I like:

• There is no pleasure withtout pain.
  • Experience is the father of wisdom and memory the mother.
  • The devil can cite Scripture for his own purpose.
  • A guilty conscience feels continual fear.
  • Fortune favors the bold.
  • Levis est fortuna: id eito reposcit quod dedit (Fortune is fickle: it quickly demands back what it gave)

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Selfishness must always be forgiven you know, because there is no hope of a cure. - Jane Austen

Illusions

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying. - Oscar Wilde (Gotta love him :p)

Atheism is a non-prophet organization. – George Carlin

Maybe this world is another planet's Hell. - Aldous Huxley

Dead_on_Arrival

"A day of worry is more exhausting than a week of work."
John Lubbock

"We experience moments absolutely free of worry. These brief respites are called panic."
Cullen Hightower