Post your dream life

Toomuchfear

Describe a day in your ideal life.

What would happen if you woke up and your favourite dream was suddenly a reality? Imagine you were free from social anxiety and had as much confidence and social skills, or maybe go beyond that :) It doesn't matter how silly it would be, our lives are so restricted by social anxiety that we miss out on so much.

I'll start with mine:
I would wake up next to my beautiful girlfriend, have a few cuddles. She is always excited to see me, and never on and off with me and never plays mind games.
I get up for work. I live in a sunny city full of interesting things to do, not the lame pensioner village that I've been stuck in the UK. I am able to drive, I have a nice silver convertible and I ride with the roof down, I have no anxiety or fear of driving a car. I'm not sure what my job would be, I like the entertainment industry, maybe I would being an actor in a kids show or even movies, or why not even in a famous rock band? Or perhaps my job would be helping people in some capacity. I would be able to speak to my colleagues with ease, and they would look up to me as a leader figure. I could speak my mind, people laugh at my jokes, I have a confident vibe about me, the way I walk and talk. My friends would text me thoughout the day to see how I am and if I can come out later, they've missed me.

After I finished I would come back to a loving, big friendly family. I would have a normal Mum who listens to me, and a Dad who listens to me and understands people. He would teach me 'Man Stuff' like DIY, fishing and how to talk to women. I would have a brother and sister who helped or supported me if I needed someone to talk to. I would also have little nieces and nephews who would be be ecstatic to see their uncle and run up and give me hugs. My family would greet me and tell me how much they've loved/missed me, and would be in awe with stories I would tell. We would eat together as one big happy family, and then afterwards my father and my brother would chill out in the garden and sip ice-cold cocktails. We then play kinect or some sort of family game, and they don't want me to leave.

In the evening I meet up with my friends for drinks. I am completely free of inhibitions (even without drinking much alcahol), and enjoy being in a social environment. Heck, maybe I have a go at karaoke even thought I'm not the best singer, and I don't mind that people are looking at me, I get a positive response. I can talk to strangers and get a positive response from them, I actually have conversation and make even more friends. One of my friends makes a toast to me, and my friends are so willing to talk to me, ask for advice from me and look up to me.

There you go, there's my ideal day, what's yours?

Bloir

I would wake up being the same Bloir but with one difference: I have a better job!! I can live with my own money, that is mean: I am totally free to buy/rent a house . I have finished my studies so now it is valued what i do.

I am person sure and respectable. Others can not play with me. And they can not hurt me. Nobody can manipulated me. If I am sure, I can have friends and social life because everything i do is by myself and nobody think i am a silly to get things.

That is everything.

Kiwong

I've lived dream days recently. For me the dream is runnning and racing. My running dream. I train hard for those days and face many battles to get to the starting line.

Here is my idea of running heaven.

A home in the wilderness with bush trails radiating in all directions. The home would be open design with high ceilings for Lenny to fly around, along with my other pets including Black and Sulphur Crested Cockatoos. The house would have a skylight and a wrap around verandah to take in the gorgeous sunsets and sunrises.

Wildlife abounds. Kangaroos and wallabies arrive to graze. At night possums and gliders feed from nectar. A bird list running into hundreds.

Every morning or on dusk I would run through sandstone plateaus alive with the colour of Boronias, wattles and pinchusion hakeas. Side tracks lead to rocky pools with clear flowing water so cool and fresh.

Along rainforest glades I run with towering turpentines and blackbutts. Nver ending soft clay trails covered with a carpet of fallen leaves. Lyrebirds scurrying away at my approach. Clear spring water to drink from. Ten mile beaches with blonde sand, wet at low tide and so easy to run on. My only company hundreds of terns, oystercatchers and gulls. I’d glide along winding paths amongst Snow Gums and tussock grass.

The weather would be cool, crisp and autumn like, or like early spring. Never hot and humid, and I have no trouble sleeping.

On my rest days from running I would take my camera and explore. I would photograph flowers and scenery. There would be newly discoverd species of plant around every corner.

Every now and again other runners in running heaven would get together for races. The courses would be incredibly scenic and the competition tough. I will still have to train hard to improve, but I feel myself getting stronger and faster and not older and slower.

Aussie_Lad

I live in a small rural town. I have chosen the minimalist approach and make do with the basics. There are snow peaked mountains and rainforests stretching out as far as the eye can see. The people are all friendly and welcoming. I can walk down the street and have conversations with neighbours. I do not have to work as my investments give me enough of an income. I instead volunteer at local animal shelters helping animals that are down on luck. I go on many day hikes in the rainforests around me. There are lakes that are good for swimming in the warmer weather nestled right in the middle of the rainforest. I can communicate easily with my spirit guides, so they can give me advice on anything that I am having trouble with. I can also astral project and go on many great adventures.

Yep I think that'll do things for now.

D

deleted user 1

I don't want any material things, nor do I wish to be more popular etc., I just want to feel like I did during my apex. Never having to be consciously aware of myself from an aesthetic standpoint, I felt so light and genuinely happy 24/7. The feeling of not needing anything. To have that again would be my dream life.

dean01

i was thinking hard about this and relised i dont want cars or money, i think a life without illness sounds like a dream.

bigcat1967

If I could just dream of lottery numbers and play and win - that would be great.

(but since I don't play the lottery - I really don't have a chance - now do I?) :)

coyote

mine involves a secluded cottage, clean sheets, a refrigerator full of beer, some fluffy towels, and Jennifer Aniston

KnuffleBunny

I have a good job where I make a decent amount of money, enough to get by and a little extra, and is also mentally rewarding; it makes me feel like I'm doing something useful. I'm married with my man and we have my son plus a child that is both his and mine. We have a house in a small suburb or even something quieter that's not too busy, but has some other kids around for ours to play with. In my spare time I do things artistic and I've become an even better cook. I have the time to spend with my kids and my husband as well and do not feel so rushed to do much in particular, just enjoy life.

Lalla

There's just one thing that I want.. and that's life without fear. If I could wake up and somehow, by some miracle I no longer feared anything... well then, the possibilities are endless. I could be confident, because I'd no longer fear what others thought of me. I could be successful, because I wouldn't fear failure. I could open my heart to others and truly love because I wouldn't be afraid of getting hurt. I'd be free to be myself.

My only dream is that I'd be able to live on my own merits without having to deal with tedious paperwork and numbers to validate me in the direct area that I live.

Give me the simple life, with the addition of certain luxuries as internet, tv and games and I'll be more happy. I'd create all thing I need, wash in the lake (or collected/heated rain water in the winter), grow my own food, get energy from renewable sources such as sun/wind/water/pressure pads.

Oh yes, somewhere in the mountains. Warm weather most of the time, plenty of natural sunlight, hard work, hard relaxation. I'll trade you any amount of money in the world to have that (while reserving enough money to maintain the internet/tv connection, obviously). ;3

Wild dream:

I'm the owner of a multinational company that get very big from the profits from some very clever machine designed by myself, which helps people and the enviroment, and the company it's fucused on making everyone's lifes better instead of making absurds amounts of money for me. Because the company has already assured it's economical stability I'm able to happily waste mi time with my hobbies, like riding in my colection of classical sports cars or WWII warbirds. I also learned to play the piano and I can play with a rock and roll, jazz or salsa band, or an orchestra, just for the fun of it. I can go every year to watch live my favorite races (Indy 500, the Monaco, Italian, Belgian and Japanise Grand Prix, Daytona and Talladega 500, the 24 hours of Le Mans, and the seasons finales of the world class racing categories). In holydays I'll travel to all the places I want to meet (mostly the places of historical battles), visiting a lot of museums. I'll have a huge library, physical and digital. I'll be able to watch my favorite bands who still are alive (mainly AC/DC and Motörhead). I'll have a ticket to fly on the SpaceShip Two.

But all the mentioned above is just decoration. For what I care is my real and simple dream.

Everything I'll be able to live, create and accomplish, no matter how small or big it may look, I'm doing it knowing that I can count with the company of a understanding, intelligent and loving woman. Someone whom I can share my life, someone to love, respect and support, someone who may teach me many other wonderful things to live and dream for.

Last edited:
B

Beatrice

I would have a wonderful husband who is my best friend. We would have an awesome sex life, of course :D
I would have a great job and so would he. We'd be planning for a family, and we would have a cat or dog or both, whatever we decide. We'd be making money in the triple digits, but of COURSE ;) Nice house, nice car(s), swimming pool, the works. An extensive array of naughty games in our "special" closet - oh, sorry, am I going into too much detail? Ahem. Backing up.
So, yeah.... I would be anxiety-free (I mean, the bad anxiety), confident, I would like myself. But not a snob or anything. Kind, fun, have friends over all the time, throw parties, take nice vacations.
I would go hiking with my husband and on all kinds of great outdoor adventures (love that stuff).
My parents would have quit smoking and drinking long ago.... no fighting much any more, either.
I would have published a novel already, that did quite well saleswise. Maybe working on a second.
That's all I can think of for now.

This, minus the ball

Tom-Hanks-in-Cast-Away-006.jpg