Post A Childhood Memory

GhastlyCC

This one time,
When I was like maybe...4 or 5 years old.
One of my brothers came out of his room and was like "Hey Travis,Come in here for a minute.I want to show you something on this game"
And I,Ofcourse,excitedly ran into his room without hesitation.
Because being invited to play his game was a rare occasion to say the least.
And I sat down next to him and he handed me the controller.
And then out of nowhere my other brother slid out from underneath the bed just beneath me feet wearing a Jason mask and grabbed my legs.
According to them I turned super white and passed out. :giggle:

And now they swear that what they did had a weird effect on me and is the reason that I'm so into horror movies.
lol

They were terrible to me.

Most of my broken bones and blood loss from ages 1-10 were due entirly to my older brothers.haha

Bastards

Last edited:
I was in the woods across my home,

a delicious escape, in the hill country of Texas..

The weather was glourious and perfect

and there was me - just... walking into the wild, or so it seemed

just walking, walking, walking.... the freedom and joy cannot be surpassed

mixedupgirl

I have plenty of bad ones but a good one would be....

When i was younger we only ever went on camping holidays within the UK and we normally went to one particular place a lot as my nan had a caravan there. I loved going though because at least we got to go to the seaside and get away from the house, and we didn't have the money to go abroad as there were 4 kids.

So one year when we broke up for the summer holidays my mum and dad told us all that we were going camping again to the same place we go every year...
Then later on they pulled me aside being the eldest and said actually were off to another camp site that we've never been to before down South but its a secret so don't tell your sisters. They said they told me because they knew I would figure out we weren't going to the usual place when we were on the road. So I felt special and grown up being in on the secret at 13 years old.

So a few days before we go... I've done some research as to where were really goin and found out that its gunna be absolutely freezing.. so im packin my winter jumpers and a scarf etc, then my mum comes in my room and she starts takin them out and sayin its not going to be that cold and she's poppin in vest tops and shorts and I'm thinkin she is clearly nuts and she hasn't done her research...:eek:mg: so when shes not lookin im chuckin them back out and poppin my winter stuff back in.

Anyway so on the day a taxi turns up to pick us all up, mum says their not driving this year as they want a break from it as its such a long drive down South.
In the car my mum is unusually chatty keepin us all busy talkin and after so long in the journey the taxi guy says that he has to pop some petrol in his cab and that we will all have to get out with our luggage as its a fire hazard or something along those lines...
I'm thinkin gosh this camp site must be really far away if he has to put more fuel in the car...he says he will meet us in 20 mins...so my mum says ok lets go get a coffee inside.

We walk inside this massive building and plonk our luggage down. My mum says ok lets have a photo of all my girls your not normally all together like this...so we all stand next to each other...she then says.... "Smile and say were going to Ibiza!" then she takes a photo, we all look at each other confused :question:...I look at my mum she then repeats "Smile and say were going to Ibiza!" and takes another pic...I say no were not were off to...and then i whispered the secret place....She says no, were not going to the usual place and were not goin to the place down South we are going to IBIZA! We all looked at each other in shock :eek:, smiling and putting our hands over our mouths and mums clicking the camera away taking photos....then we all started screaming and jumping up and down lol... everyone in the airport must have thought we'd won the lottery... we've still got the photos of all our shocked happy faces, it really is a great memory. And it was an awesome all inclusive holiday to Ibiza...best holiday everrr. :bigsmile:
Oh and yeah I arrived in Ibiza with a suitcase full of winter clothing (oops) so had to get new clothes! haha

Severian

Me, aged about 6 or 7, having an argument with my dad about something trivial, he loses his temper, picks me up and hurls me across the room onto the bottom of the stairs. Nasty bruising on my chest.

coyote

i was usually off exploring on my own somewhere outdoors

then, later, my injuries were being patched up at the bathroom sink

nothing much has changed since then

NightTimeForever

I remember I enlisted in the school talent show when I was in 3rd or 4th grade, when I was called on stage, I just acted like I wasn't in the room.

fate12321

I always keept moving almost every year since pre k to 8th i moved, it was hard going to a new school adapting to new people no wonder im shy. Well at least until now we have steady our selfs and gona graduat this year :)

AGR

Kicked a guy in the nuts once dont remember why,he cried so much,the teacher gave this lecture why you are not supposed to hit boys there.

Once I was playing around and got up on the roof of the neighbors car,who happened to be a distand relative,he came out chasing us,everybody run fast I was the last and he was catching up so I pulled down my pants and pissed in his direction haha,dont remember if it hit him....

Also in the midle of mass I had a tantrum because I wanted to drink soda and eat something.

In mothers day we made a present in our school to give them,it was basically a rose inside a glass,on the way home it fell to the ground and broke,I cried a lot.

5arah

When I was in fifth grade, the school made this new rule that we couldn't talk the first five minutes of lunch so that kids would finish eating on time. I thought it was ridiculous, so I wouldn't eat until the five minutes were up. I didn't even try to draw attention to what I was doing. Very passive-aggressive.

Starry

My earliest childhood memories are: The summer Olympic opening or closing ceremony in 1988, which is also connected to a happy memory... I'd been playing in the garden and it was time to come in. My knees were filthy from playing in the dirt, so my mother sat me on the edge of the kitchen sink to wash them... Then I noticed a HUGE moth in the corner of the room and laughed as my mother tried to get it out. Then she poured me a drink of lemon barley water and I went into the living room, where the Olympics were on... It all feels very happy to look back on...

And my other earliest memory is of seeing an interview with Axl and Slash from Guns n' Roses... I was scared of them lol, yet I still remember it quite clearly, considering I was only 2 and a half (the same year as the Olympic memory).

Best memory however would probably be when my dog returned home... We were struggling monetarily, so with three dogs and a cat my mother decided one of them would have to go to save some money. So she gave away my dog because she was the gentlest and most likely to settle into a new home... For some months I was miserable without her, then one morning, I was asleep and dreaming she had come back to us... As I was dreaming that she was on the bed licking me, I was awoken by a noise coming up the stairs. Suddenly, onto the bed dived my dog and cuddled into me, wagging her tail and licking my face.

I was so happy to have her back! She was thinner and had a cigarette burn on her tongue (apparently the person who took her wanted to stop her licking her child so burned her tongue - evil, sick, toothless crone that she was... ), and she was nervous and kept growling at our other dogs, but she was so happy to be back with us.

squidgee

I was five and went with family to the show grounds. It was during the night and there were lots of people around. The fireworks had just started and I scrambled through the crowd in order to get the best view. When I found myself at the front of the crowd, I just stood there gazing upward in awe at all the colourful explosions. There was so much noise and so much light. My parents became worried because they couldn't find me, but they did eventually when all the people began to disperse.

Don't know if that's a good or bad memory, just something I remember quite well.

Ashiene

I don't really recall a pleasant childhood memory. Maybe the best one I can remember is me reading Enid Blyton's fairytales and imagining I was in a different place. All other memories I have are of being abused everywhere I went, from Primary to Secondary School to Daycare Centre to being beaten everyday at home.

hidwell

I can remember when I was about 6 or 7 going to Blackpool in the UK with my Mum and cousins and standing in line to go on the Big Dipper only to find out that I was too short. A mixture of disappointment and relief followed, as it was pretty scary for a little kid.