Post A Childhood Memory

BigJoe82

hmm i was about 8 years old in a daycare place playing tag. i tripped this kid not sure why i did but he got up popped me in the mouth 3 times and busted my lip open. had to get stitches and picture day was the next day at school. it looked like i had a spider on my lip.

GhastlyCC

hmm i was about 8 years old in a daycare place playing tag. i tripped this kid not sure why i did but he got up popped me in the mouth 3 times and busted my lip open. had to get stitches and picture day was the next day at school. it looked like i had a spider on my lip.
That 8 year old packed a nice punch. :giggle:

paperie

Here's a few random ones:
-I remember being at a department store with my mom when I was pretty young and while she was shopping, I decided to stand in between some mannequins and pose like I was one. People were staring as they walked by, probably thinking I was a little weirdo (which was the truth).
-I had a group of childhood friends I always played with, one summer day we were at a creek and I had an idea to play "Survivor" based on the TV show. I must've been kinda overbearing with the rules and my ideas because when it was time for the tribal council they voted me out and I ran home crying, lol.
-I got lost in the woods at a family reunion with a couple of my cousins. My grandparents had a huge property so we went pretty deep into the woods without realizing it and it took a few hours before someone ended up finding us.

hexagon_sun

When I was, maybe, 5yrs old: rocking back and forth on my parents bed transfixed on the mirror over their dresser that looked like it had a human face ontop of it, chanting: "TomAto-Tomato, PotAto-Potato. I refered to him as PotAto-Potato man. In retrospect that was a very autistic thing to do... I also used to sit motionless on the couch for long periods of time, daydreaming in my own little world. In grade school, I recall being a very sullan; melancholy child, often laying on the bed, crying to myself after school while listening to my sister's cassettes of 80's music.

GraybeardGhost

When I was, maybe, 5yrs old: rocking back and forth on my parents bed transfixed on the mirror over their dresser that looked like it had a human face ontop of it, chanting: "TomAto-Tomato, PotAto-Potato. I refered to him as PotAto-Potato man. In retrospect that was a very autistic thing to do... I also used to sit motionless on the couch for long periods of time, daydreaming in my own little world. In grade school, I recall being a very sullan; melancholy child, often laying on the bed, crying to myself after school while listening to my sister's cassettes of 80's music.

My parents had a dresser like that, a marvelous old Victorian antique with a marble top and little shelves for candles and an ornate carving way atop the mirror that looked just enough like a human face to spark my young imagination. I suppose it's gone now, hauled off and sold to strangers like everything else.

mixedupgirl

I can remember when I was about 6 or 7 going to Blackpool in the UK with my Mum and cousins and standing in line to go on the Big Dipper only to find out that I was too short. A mixture of disappointment and relief followed, as it was pretty scary for a little kid.

Ahh man I love Blackpool...and when I was a kid I went for my birthday and I went on the Big Dipper with my mum and I absolutely hated it haha I thought it was really scary and turned my stomach upside down....but now I love taking my nephew on that ride its great! I've got a stronger stomach now haha :bigsmile:

JuiceB

Okay this will probably be a lil embarrassing but WTH, I don't know you people so here goes. When I was in grade school (2nd or 3rd) I got in trouble for not bringing in my homework. The teacher told me to write 100 lines as punishment and to turn them in the next day.

So I did. And I wrote them like this:

1. //////////////////
2. //////////////////
3. //////////////////

And so on all the way to 100.

:idontknow:

Nobody told me I had to write a friggin' sentence a 100 times!! I had to do it right the next day in class during recess. I was so mad that day I could of set that lady's wig on fire!

mixedupgirl

I was so mad that day I could of set that lady's wig on fire!

lmao :bigsmile:

Oh the amount of times I had to write lines in school haha...i use to write: "I must not" down to the bottom of the page and then write the rest of the sentence down to the bottom....use to feel like I was gettin it done quicker haha

hippiechild

It was an early summer afternoon and I could hear the crickets and tree frogs warming up for their evening symphony. My older brother and I climbed up the rope ladder that our dad had fastened to the sturdy upper branches of an oak tree in our back yard. Once we were at the top we stopped and sat, watching the sun go down and the insects of the field fly up to flutter in its red-orange afterglow. We didn't say anything the entire time, just sat there enjoying each other's company.

I was maybe ten years old at the time... and that was probably one of the finest moments of my life.

Duzmiu

cant remember how old i was, but me and some friends made our own imaginary animals/friends we only had 2/3 each but we made up tons of them my fav was called speedy he was very fast..not very good with naming stuff lol
anyway 1 day there was this girl who lived up the road who never really got on with anyone, she came to my house and asked if she could play with us in our weird imaginary world, i went into the living room and asked a lava lamp if she could play with us, waited a few mintues then went back to the front door and said yes.

il'd like to say "i was a right little weirdo" but im not much different but my imagination isnt as good now and im more crude :d

Roman Legion

Not sure I should post my childhood memories again as I don't want to bring the mood in here down. There are no good memories, only bad and worse. I did learn a lot of real world lessons very early on, for the good they did for me now.

The summer I was 10 years old my mom and I moved in with her boyfriend. I never liked him cause he always beat my mom. She constantly wore a black eye or bruises. One day I had enough of it so I went in their bedroom and found his pistol. I waited on him to come into the living room and I told him to stop hitting my mom or I'd shoot him. He laughed and tried to get the gun away from me so I started shooting at him. I started in the house, chased him outside still trying to shoot him. Shot up his truck as he was leaving. Emptied it and never hit him. The neighbors called the cops and they came. I tried to run from them but I tripped and fell so i punched the one in the nose that grabbed me but the other one, an older cop, put me on the ground and in handcuffs. I told them what happened and they seemed surprised. I told them as soon as I could find more bullets I'd kill him when I seen him again. The old cop put a hand on my shoulder and said I wasn't in trouble and that he understood, then he uncuffed me and let me go after gently informing me that I couldn't kill him. That night mom sent me back to live with my grandparents and she took a bad beating when he came home. She left him that fall. This happened in 1996. To this day i'd like to catch the guy on a dirt road on a dark night.

akala

when I was little my mom was ironing something, and I was watching her
"Don't touch the iron it's very hot!" she said, but I was just curious about how hot it was, so i went ahead and touched it ... Lesson learned.

We used to draw pictures and put them in my neighbors mailbox, just for fun :)

kissing random boys lol

and being awfully shy and quiet (I would decide that I would talk in the afternoon, once you got me talking I wouldn't stop)