• Yes.

Votes: 61 47.3%
  • No.

Votes: 16 12.4%
  • Neutral/Don't care.

Votes: 52 40.3%

• Total voters

lunarla

We Canadians, we'll let ya think that. Whatever eases the pain, my friends. ::p:

Last edited:
listen americans, you can have the boring sports like baseball and football (the 11 mins of total play compared to hockey which is 60mins) and i guess your .00001 percent platinum-aluminum alloy medals could make you feel a tad better but thats like saying that it is okay to be special guy, don't worry maybe next time you can play with the big kids

Remus

Staff member
Strange how the US used to dominate the Olympics, now they have come second in gold medals in both Bejing and Vancover. Is the passion for winning starting to become complacent there? Russia seems to have gone the same way

iamthenra

listen americans, you can have the boring sports like baseball and football (the 11 mins of total play compared to hockey which is 60mins) and i guess your .00001 percent platinum-aluminum alloy medals could make you feel a tad better but thats like saying that it is okay to be special guy, don't worry maybe next time you can play with the big kids

Most "kids" sports are boring to me anyways... You can have hockey, baseball, football, soccer or whatever... If I see little kids playing the sport, then I have no interest. Besides, what do you get out of a team winning anyways? How does winning actually benefit your own personal life? Besides gambling of course... and most often the people playing are not actually from there anyways. It's all fun and games until someone looses and eye...
peace.gif

Most "kids" sports are boring to me anyways... You can have hockey, baseball, football, soccer or whatever... If I see little kids playing the sport, then I have no interest. Besides, what do you get out of a team winning anyways? How does winning actually benefit your own personal life? Besides gambling of course... and most often the people playing are not actually from there anyways. It's all fun and games until someone looses and eye...
peace.gif

well of course winning has a plus side to it and being a stiff about something like winning and simple games gets one nowhere in the trying to be happy department, plus winning is always temporary. That positive feeling is pretty simple, no doubt about it but there is no fault in it either. What do i get out of this indirect winning? Well seeing how this team represents Canada, it makes me proud (somewhat) of this nation and of the players selected who made it clear that we are a nation that is number 1 in hockey (plain and simple)in the world. Its not like I fully incorporate the team's win into my own personal life, it just makes me feel like I hold similar interests with some of the people i know and come off as an up to date kind of person with something interesting to talk about instead of a "o i didn't watch the game since its a "kids" game and i feel like having no fun at all" type. And i wouldn't call it a "kids" game since basically anyone can play it, just because it is actually fun given the right attitude. And i dont really get your last sentence, since loosing an eye can be applied to anything.