(poll) How important are looks in terms of dating someone?

How important are looks in terms of dating someone?

• Total voters

AGR

They are very important,dont mind people who say they arent,I hear people say this all the time,but then they are there with a looker or given the chance they would be,its like people are afraid to tell,even me that I am not the best looking had girls liking me without me ever talking with them,they sure didnt like my personality.

Last edited:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
They are very important,dont mind people who say they arent,I hear people say this all the time,but then they are there with a looker or given the chance they would be,its like people are afraid to tell,even me that I am not the best looking had girls liking me without me ever talking with them,they sure didnt like my personality.

I don't agree... Yes, maybe in some cases it might be that way, but not all cases. I personally don't care about looks at all. Someone becomes good looking in my eyes if I like the way they are... and if they are good people. To me the body is nothing more but a shell... i tend to look beyond that shell, if this makes sense. I still have a hard time explaining it... Hopefully, i'm not the only one who thinks this way. If there's anyone who can relate, please let me know... I want to believe I'm not a complete outcast :p

Danfalc

Banned
If there's anyone who can relate, please let me know... I want to believe I'm not a complete outcast :p

I understand where you are coming from despite thinking looks are quite important.I have fallen for girls before who at first I did not find physically attractive at first,but later there personality kind of won me over and because of that I became physically attracted to them too.

So your not an outcast ::p: I know what you mean even if I can't describe it much better myself.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I understand where you are coming from despite thinking looks are quite important.I have fallen for girls before who at first I did not find physically attractive at first,but later there personality kind of won me over and because of that I became physically attracted to them too.

So your not an outcast ::p: I know what you mean even if I can't describe it much better myself.

Yes, that's what i meant :D I'm glad someone understands

AGR

talk is cheap,I wanna see action :D
tevez3qb.jpg

tevez.jpg

Rexus

i think plenty of us will say it's not important, but in reality, looks play a GREAT role in dates you get. Well, you can get the great looking body, so don't stress if your face doesn't look that good. Give a girl some nice arms and a good looking stomach and she'll be all over you (experience :D), even if you got a **** problem like hyperhidrosis where you're sweating, she'll think you're sexy with that great body, hehe. I can't help not to have a good body with my condition.

Rexus

so far 10 important versus 8 not

even ppl with social anxiety agree on its importance

Masychefx2

Banned
errr like very important i may not be the most attractive person ever but i aint gonna date any women I do not find attractive

Last edited by a moderator:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Your mating instincts will tell you whether someone looks attractive the first time you see them. To deny that you have these instincts is to deny that you're human. Our instincts about this are essentially shallow, and they are powerful. Knowing someone looks attractive isn't always the same thing as deciding you want to boink them though, let alone date them.

Once you get to know them, other, more complicated parts of your brain can come into play and the person can then become much more or much less attractive. I can remember becoming repulsed by girls I initially thought were hot, and I've gotten hot for girls I initially didn't notice at all.

So overall: somewhat. :D

ETA: Then again, I suspect some people don't have a great deal of activity in those other, more complicated parts of the brain. o_O

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Don't get me wrong, people... But some posts here make me feel slightly irritated (I won't quote anyone because I don't want to hurt them). Maybe I'm just taking it too personal... but I feel like some are speaking for me when they don't know how I think :c I am either taking it too personal or maybe I'm not a girl at all. Or maybe I'm truly an alien?

I'll stfu now...

Why

if i wasnt physically attracted to a girl, i dont think i can have emotionally connect with her

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Well, if it makes you feel better, you ought to let it out. You say you don't want to be hurtful about it and you don't have to be. There's nothing wrong with expressing your opinion in a civilized manner. If looks truly do not matter to you then more power to you. People might be more happy if they were more like you.

I just sensed a bit of generalization and it got me upset... I don't know how to explain.

I apologize if I made such a big deal about it ::(: