Please read and let me know you care. :/

Emma22w

I'm not even sure if this is the right forum to say all this, but oh well. My apologies. Anyway, does anyone get tired of the same ole routine each day?? I mean, i sleep ALL day, and then wake up and feel better at night for some reason... but the point is, i don't have anything, and i'm only 17. I have nothing. No job or anything. I just stay home everyday and do nada. :( I feel so alone... I feel like there is so much more i want to say, but i just can't think of everything right now.

Pink_Paula

I feel the exact same way as you, all i do is wake up, have coffee, go back to bed for a bit, wake up come online, get depressed that there's no one to talk to, then go to bed. It's no way to live *hugs* i hope you feel better soon

I'm not even sure if this is the right forum to say all this, but oh well. My apologies. Anyway, does anyone get tired of the same ole routine each day?? I mean, i sleep ALL day, and then wake up and feel better at night for some reason... but the point is, i don't have anything, and i'm only 17. I have nothing. No job or anything. I just stay home everyday and do nada. :( I feel so alone... I feel like there is so much more i want to say, but i just can't think of everything right now.

It feels that way doesn't it? There's a world of things to say and you just can't fit in on the screen and everything. You can try losing yourself in your hobbies/interests. Something healthy like exercising, painting, writing and so on... It beats thinking about things too much and going mad. Believe me, I've been near the edge of mad... and doing nothing and thinking about the fact you're doing nothing will slowly eat away at you. Or at least that was my experience.

Hang in there yar?

U

userremoved

You can always try something new that challenges you to make things interesting. Like learning some kind of new hobby. Life can get pretty boring if you don't mix it up a lot. Don't feel too bad though, you're still really young and even people without SA talk about how boring and pointless a lot of things seem.

A_Void_Ant

The same routine thing has been killing me lately. I have a job, but it feels like I wake up, get ready for work, work, go home, all the while getting more depressed as the day goes on. I try to work on things to keep me busy, then I wind myself up for bed thinking negatively. I wake up feeling decent if I had a good nights sleep, then repeat as said above.

That's exactly what I do too. I hate it.

klytus

Well, get out, do something. Nobody keeps you from spicing up your life.

I wasn't saying that you should get out and be social with people. There are -lots- of activities that don't really involve interactions with others. But the point is, you can't fight depression by being inactive. The only way is to get out and distract your mind. The reason why you are depressed is that you are sitting at home, feeling useless.

You are 17 and pretty hot. And as a human being, you have virtually all capabilities everyone else has, too. For God's sake, you can't waste your life like that. Nor can anyone else.

Honestly, doing exactly that plain blunt thing has essentially cured me from anxiety, depression and a feeling of uselessness. I went out, saw life, and enjoy most of it now. Of course, it's not always peachy, but nobody said it would ever be. However, I know that "just doing it" is eventually the only proper course of action. At some point, you just have to do something.

People here are partly too negative, or too commiserative. The latter only reinforces your thoughts that it's ok to live the way you do, because others do, too. And it's not ok, because that's just plain wrong. I find "caring" at this point more detrimental than telling the blunt truth.

overcome.

I understand you, I do. I've just turned 19, I finished college last year and I have a real good job for somebody my age yet I feel unable to go to it due to severe anxiety/phobia problems that've gotten worse over time. I find myself sitting at home, depressed, watching tv, eating, working out, spending far too long on the internet and sleeping. I've lived this way for around 5 months now. I can't keep wasting my life, and I need to call my employer and get back to work - I need to fight this. This isn't a way to live for anybody, regardless of age and opportunity :/

Last edited:

LadyWench

My situation is basically the same. I get up, don't do anything fun or productive, and go to sleep. Wake up the next day, do the same thing. It's old. The main thing I'm REALLY tired of, though, is my constant worrying. That's definitely a routine for me. It wouldn't be a normal day if I weren't freaking out over my health (big hypochondriac here). I look for things to be afraid of, even they aren't truly there. I think I'd rather be brain dead, at this point.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Yes, I am tired of doing the same all day. I could say I barely have a routine because I don't have too many things to do. I don't sleep all day because I don't want to waste my day like that, but there isn't much more I can do. Sometimes I even lose the track of time, I forget what day it is because all days feel the same. I would get out, but I don't have any friends in real life or anything I could do... I'm such a failure.

talisman

I care. I do have a job, but I'm still stuck in a lonely routine of working, coming home and sitting in my room, sleeping and then working again. I did spend over a year unemployed, so I know what it's like. I wish I could go back to 17 and be more proactive though. It's true you have to get out and do things...I find just taking a brisk walk every day helps fight off depression. If you live within walking distance of shops, bars, general social venues then it's even better...take the opportunity...wish I could. All easier said than done of course.

recluse

I feel terribly bored of routine too. It's basically get up, go to work, come home, and do it all over again the next day. After being at work all day i procastinate and just sit not wanting to do anything. It would help if i had a girlfriend to come home to.

Emma22w

The thing is, i dont even have a permit or car to go anywhere if i wanted to get social though. :(