Photography

Rot

Thanks Talisman! I normally focus on the first object in vision so I wanted to make it different :)

And yeah Alistair, I don't know why it's so expensive there. I thought it would be even cheaper compared to Europe (we normally have everything overpriced). I just love the vision a full frame gives, and it's really how it was meant to be, like in the analogic system. Some people think that most of DSLR will be full frame in the future, but I'm not so sure. It's true that they have became much smaller, lighter and even cheaper, but there's still a long way. I think full frame will keep dropping the prices, and maybe we'll see a great full frame around 1000-1500€ "soon". That would be nice :D

And about the video, I didn't consider it when I bought my camera, and it's true what you say. But I did consider the lifeview as a great extra, and after a year for use I almost haven't used it, I find it really useless.

Anyway, watch this video recorded with the new Nikon D7000, just put it on 720p or 1080p: YouTube - ‪Nikon D7000: Camera Road Test With Chase Jarvis‬‏ (I hope it doesn't skew so much the thread!)

The results are impressive! Now I'm even considering it as a video option, to be honest ::eek::

simpsons2007

DSC00856.JPG

DSC00884.JPG

DSC00924.JPG

Alistair

Simpsons,

1) I really like the contrast this one! Nicely done!
2) Flowers don't do it for me, sorry. I have to admit it's a nice white, tho.
3) This would been a awesome shot if you we're able to set the shutter for 2 or more seconds, IMO. Even if you had to use ND filters to drop a few stops.

This is assuming if your using a DSLR, just my thoughts! So take it as a grain of salt!

Rot,

Wow, that really is nice, but, I still stand. A SLR is meant to take still pictures, not become a jack of all trades. Granted, a business needs to push out to succeed, so in that regard they do. In the end, my thought still stands!

I was suppose to do a shoot tomorrow, but that didn't work out. =/ Maybe I'll head up the mountain and do some night shots that Latte so ever loves since I've been a roll on the night photography end of things. =)

simpsons2007

Simpsons,

1) I really like the contrast this one! Nicely done!
2) Flowers don't do it for me, sorry. I have to admit it's a nice white, tho.
3) This would been a awesome shot if you we're able to set the shutter for 2 or more seconds, IMO. Even if you had to use ND filters to drop a few stops.

This is assuming if your using a DSLR, just my thoughts! So take it as a grain of salt!

Thanks for the tip. It was constructive help which is always helpful as I'm still learning how to use it and trying to work out what does what on my camera. Yes it's a DSLR theres so many different settings you can alter it gets a bit confusing.

Alistair

Simpson,

Not bad! Not bad, nice colours, and the exposure looks nice and clean.

1) Crop off a little bit of the top, to much "Dead space," IMO.
2) Too centered, look up "Rule of Thirds."
3) Good image.

talisman

lol cute animals cloudbound. Nice shots!

That's an impressive HDR photo Rembrandt Broam. Wish mine came out like that. :eek:

Generical

Came out really freaking nice! So crisp and texture of the water is oooo, reminds me of canvass? You got any more? :)

Generical

:D Hell yeah! They're kinda computer game texturey or dreamy, say if you were remembering back. You're good at these, also were they taken in the same place? Nice trip.

Rembrandt Broam

:D Hell yeah! They're kinda computer game texturey or dreamy, say if you were remembering back. You're good at these, also were they taken in the same place? Nice trip.

Thanks. :)

The original one I posted is the grand canal in Venice, and the one of the small jetty is also Venice. The other two are part of the interior of Chester cathedral, and the exterior of the Louvre in Paris.

talisman

Those are great Rembrandt. I had to really look at the first two to work out if they were photos or drawings. lol What software do you use to create them from the original photos?