1)
IMG_1853.jpg

2)
IMG_1851.jpg

3)
IMG_1844.jpg

4)
IMG_1747.jpg

This one I had a little bit ol' fun before the works started.

Sadly, I had a lot of light pollution. =(

Generical

Loadsa updates all good.

Malice, Nice vegas must be insane for night photography, get a whole gallery from your hotel balcony.

Latte for a minute i thought you meant you weren't supposed to be in that place with all the robed peeps and the notes and numbers were da vinci code related stuff..then my iq went up, great place to be.

Phoenix, such a nice place! Wonder if there's anything like that here...

Simpsons, love dartmoor am missing it. Haven't been siiince last year maybe?

Alistair, do you mean the red marks near the firework or is that smoke, could probs edit it out if that's what you mean? Or the landscape, as it looks good the blue and the clouds really go.

Alistair

Generical,

I already fixed it, and cropped it which I knew I had to do anyways. Just a few other of my photo's had the pollution in which I'm referring too. Just a bad location, but I did what I could.

In reality, I don't like doing much PP since I stink at it still, and better to get it right first than spending hour fixing in PP. Hehe. Which I'm sure you understand from the other work I've seen.

Generical

Ah i see, you did good, the darks are dark and yeh definitely. I often go over the top and spend so much time on the photo that i get bored and never finish.

Rot

You all have great photos! :) What a nice post! It's nice to see that many people likes photography.

Here some of the last photos I have made:

5730293728_057a864bca_b.jpg

5730292330_0735484aee_b.jpg

5733472875_51aa44b678_b.jpg

I hope they are not very big. Now that I'm on holidays I want to go out and make some, but it's so hot out here!

Rot

Thank you, latte! In that pictures I was testing a new objective I bought and its macro capabilities. Now that it's too hot at day I think I'm going to make some night photos :]]

Alistair

Rot,

Nice shots! Very sharp macro lens, and what are ya using since the EXIF data seems to be stripped. Too bad it was hot, I love seeing macro shots of snowflakes. =)

Latte,

Thanks! I'm going to try again within a week or two one from up near the Organ Mountains, looking down towards Cruces and US 70. This should be a lot of fun, and when I get to that point I'll post 'em!

Generical,

That's why I try to get it right in the camera first time, or I don't think it's worth all the time and salvage, really if I'm not getting paid for it. Hahaha. Other than that, thanks for the comments. I really was pleasant that they came out for the first time, I think I'm finally getting technical aspect down. Granted, they aren't awesome, but they are good enough for what I had to work with.

tovoxy

wow i always thought I'm kind of good at photography but when I saw all the pictures I realized I'm sooo far from being good at this :DD
Awesome pictures everyone ^_^ I'm really jealous :p

Rot

Thank you Alistair! Seems like flickr has removed the EXIF data. I'm using a D90 with a 17-70mm macro SIGMA. I have acquired it recently and I'm liking the results. It's good as all terrain lens and it also has some macro capabitilies.

I really liked your night photos! You made want to shoot at night ;D

I think I should get a lighter tripod because mine it's really old, heavy and big.

Generical

Leaf detail, highlights and clouds all insane plus i use the same lens aaaand a very similar camera (same sensor). :D

Alistair

Rot,

I'm just starting out with night photography. I mean, I've done it a little bit more before but now I'm starting to grasp the technical details, and it's really helping me out. ALOT! Thank you other wise and thanks for telling me what your using!

Currently, I'm using a entry level so I can get use to everything again (And now outgrowing it a year later), but either looking at Canon (I've already spend money on Canon) 7D, but I really, really, really want a MDK2. =;D My first camera was Pentax K1000 that my mom taught me how to use film, and darkroom. I even shot for our yearbook using that camera. Then a took a 15 year hiatus.

Tovoxy,

Post 'em anyways! =) I still really stink compared to a lot of other photographers, I mean, ya should see some of the people on other fourms. Blow me away, and inspire me only to do better. It's amazing what Joe McNally can pull off. =)

Last edited:

Rot

Leaf detail, highlights and clouds all insane plus i use the same lens aaaand a very similar camera (same sensor).
You've got a D5000? :) It was a hard decision to choose between D5000 and D90, but I finally went for the D90 because I had some old Nikkor objectives I could use with it. And nice lens you've got there! :D Are you happy with the Sigma? I love it's range and quality but I prefer the way my Nikkor objectives focus.

but I really, really, really want a MDK2. =;D
That's a great camera! I have had it in my hands and it's awesome. Now it's out of my reach, but I'd like it to be the replacement of my D90 (the day it dies!). It's not that much money if you are working and you really like photography :)

Alistair

Rot,

Hahaha. I don't know what kinda job ya have, but 6K US Dollars is outta my reach. =P Yes, it is a good camera, tho. Full frame sensor, love to have that, really.

Generical

You've got a D5000? :) It was a hard decision to choose between D5000 and D90, but I finally went for the D90 because I had some old Nikkor objectives I could use with it. And nice lens you've got there! :D Are you happy with the Sigma? I love it's range and quality but I prefer the way my Nikkor objectives focus.

Yeh i really like the d90 may have got it if i wasn't already bought into sony, i use a sony a700 think i've read that they share the same sensor, my sony came out before though so has no video/liveview. :(

Yeh love the sigma, really versatile lens, more range than the kit and closer focusing for macro...even an hsm & OS version now!

Rot

Rot,

Hahaha. I don't know what kinda job ya have, but 6K US Dollars is outta my reach. =P Yes, it is a good camera, tho. Full frame sensor, love to have that, really.

6K costs there? ::(: Wow, here now it's around 2K euros (just the body), 2'8K with the 24-105mm. It's much money but saving money some months it can be done! Now it's totally out of my reach, but when I'll be working and my D90 dies, I would like to take one (or it's successor :)). There is a great difference between full frame and APS. DOF is so much better! :rolleyes:

Yeh i really like the d90 may have got it if i wasn't already bought into sony, i use a sony a700 think i've read that they share the same sensor, my sony came out before though so has no video/liveview. :(

Yeh love the sigma, really versatile lens, more range than the kit and closer focusing for macro...even an hsm & OS version now!

Ah, but that's a great camera too! Our sensors are very well considered, with a lot of RAW potential. And I rarely use live view and video, it's not very useful (without autofocus, a lot of shutter lag, very slow shooting and focusing with life view...). I've got the one without OS and I miss it a little, but it's good anyway. Now I'm thinking about taking a 50mm f1.8 and go along with these two! ::eek::

Generical

Cool very much recommend a large aperture 28 or 35mm closer to the equivalent angle of 50mm on a full frame.

talisman

@ Alistair. Love the fireworks!!

@ James. Good idea for a photo. Better snap the good street art before it gets hosed away. lol

@simpsons2007. Dartmoor's lovely for photography. I bet its great in the evenings.

@Rot. Great photos!! Those leaves look so crisp and sharp!! I love the colours in the third, but not sure the out-of-focus leaves in the foreground work too well...they distract a bit from the background. I've tried that myself before and never really been happy with the results so maybe there's a trick I'm missing there. lol

coyote

someone asked to see a picture of this:

dscf5365.jpg

macro-photography - subject is approx 1 inch x 3/4 inch

Last edited:

Alistair

6K costs there? ::(: Wow, here now it's around 2K euros (just the body), 2'8K with the 24-105mm. It's much money but saving money some months it can be done! Now it's totally out of my reach, but when I'll be working and my D90 dies, I would like to take one (or it's successor :)). There is a great difference between full frame and APS. DOF is so much better! :rolleyes:

Ah, but that's a great camera too! Our sensors are very well considered, with a lot of RAW potential. And I rarely use live view and video, it's not very useful (without autofocus, a lot of shutter lag, very slow shooting and focusing with life view...). I've got the one without OS and I miss it a little, but it's good anyway. Now I'm thinking about taking a 50mm f1.8 and go along with these two! ::eek::

Hahaha. Can I send ya the money? That's all I need is the money, unless that is a L lens, then that is one helluva a smoking deal compared to here! Yeah, that's why I want a full frame sensor, much better DOF and closer to "Human" eye. One thing I never understood as of late...what the hell is this video recording being built into the camera? I rather buy a video camera for that!

Yeah, Nikon's have always been good, it's just my family when my mom did shoot was either Olympus, or a Canon, so it's a family biased I guess. Hahaha. I still miss the some of their sensors, very top notch as you've already stated.

Live view is da suckage, as you've said it's waaay to slow, and I'm guilty of the auto-focus when I'm in a hurry since don't have a split prism on this camera I have. That's one of things I need look into, cause shooting in the dark ends up a guessing game. =/ Unless your "Dragging the shutter."

talisman,

Thanks!

Last edited: