Photography

arsenalwa

blue_spider_by_lux77-d1qss7e.jpg

Uh-oh, you do like spiders don't you? lol. terrific photo though.

Generical

It's like 25 million light years away and still covers 4 full moon worths of the sky...who wants an astronomy talk? I can wear green corduroy and make hilarious jokes using powerpoint and Eric Idle sound files :'D

androm70.jpg

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
It's like 25 million light years away and still covers 4 full moon worths of the sky...who wants an astronomy talk? I can wear green corduroy and make hilarious jokes using powerpoint and Eric Idle sound files :'D

androm70.jpg

Did YOU take that picture? How did you do that?

Generical

Yeh, used a biiig lens and a mount that rotates with the earth's rotation, just clicked the shutter, left it for five minutes to do it's thing then rinsed it in lightroom/photoshop.

WriterChick3

Yeh, used a biiig lens and a mount that rotates with the earth's rotation, just clicked the shutter, left it for five minutes to do it's thing then rinsed it in lightroom/photoshop.

What type of camera did you use? I didn't know something could be taken that far away! Looks awesome.

Generical

@ pacific lol :( but yeh you'll probably have to spend all your money on gadgets rather than clothes, food and all that other silly stuff.....i need some socks.

And thanks!

@Writer thanks also, just with a dslr, basically this on top of this.

WriterChick3

@ pacific lol :( but yeh you'll probably have to spend all your money on gadgets rather than clothes, food and all that other silly stuff.....i need some socks.

And thanks!

@Writer thanks also, just with a dslr, basically this on top of this.

Awesome. This is such a dumb question, but does it take really clear moon pictures - like where it gets all the details? I think I really want that kinda camera now ... :/

Generical

Yeh they're really good but you can still take good moon pics with a compact as the moon is that big and bright just need the telescope to get you the range. Look up afocal projection? Something like that.

On topic of the moon here's one i took with this cam i think...couple of pics stitched together, this was through a pretty cheap telescope.

4451302131_d2b70b2450_z.jpg