Och aye the noo

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Well, that's it, ah think ah'll jist gie up any hope of ma recovery from this life-changing operation being as successful as expected. Even if it's just been 3 months...

Cuz ma Mum is convinced ma physiotherapy team are more hassle than they're worth. And she pretty much just outright doubted ma current goal that ah'll even be back in ma room afore this dreading f***in' family visit in a few weeks time. :kickingmyself:

And there's nae arguing with logic like that, since the wimmin in ma family like tae think they're always correct in their opinion, even if they're spouting a load uh irrational, ignorant shite! :thumbdown:

Plus ah huv'nae noticed a great deal of improvement in ma mobility, anyway.

Graeme1988

Well, after a week of constant coughin', wheezin' an spittin' up phlegm, ah phoned ma GP to get a doctor's call out tae the hoose. And ah got a chest infection, which is whit ah suspected.

Got some antibiotics, that ah've to take 3 times a day. Certainly not lookin' forward to ma birthday... :sad:

This infection is really takin' a lot outta me.
sick.gif
thud.gif

Graeme1988

Ugh! Ah wish ah hud more tae talk aboot, or say. It'd certainly make this wee journal a bit mair interestin' an readable - is that even a word...? Aye, it is, innit? Ah should know ah studied English for 2 years in high school.

See that, show how much of a uneducated eejit ah've become after droppin' oot uh school 11 years ago. :bigsmile:

Graeme1988

Now this is the kinda wheelchair ah'd love to have... :bigsmile: It's also be handy if ye wanted to cosplay as Professor Xaiver fae the X-Men. :giggle:

YouTube

Graeme1988

Ah swear, I am so f**kin' close tae ending it aw. Actually, ah might dae it the morra - just for the sheer irony of it. But aye, that's me, ah've seriously hud enough... Might as well added tae the male suicide rate.

Am seek fed-up always being ignored, undermined and made oot tae be an ungrateful c**t. The amount o' time ah huv just agreed with ma uptight, dumb family just tae keep them fae going full feminist retard on me.... Cannae even count them on 2 hands. Oh, but ye huv tae dae it. Otherwise yer sister will'nae be happy. And...? Makin' other folk happy seemed tae be ma only purpose in life. And ah huv compromised so feckin' much. Agreed when ah clearly don't, never objected once or caused a fuss.

But they'd huv ma bawz fur f**kin' earrings if ah dare say "No" tae the wimmin in ma family. Cuz everytime ah refused tae do summit there hus tae be a good enough reason. And "Meh! Cannae be bothered" doesnae cut it.

Yet nane o' them do anythin' for me, beyond makin' sure am feed an clothed, really. Ah mean, unless they're asked multiple times. Y'know why? Cuz am a man an ma happiness or struggle with mental illness dinnae matter as much. Now you might disagree on that yin, but it's true.

It doesnae get any better fur me. :kickingmyself: ::(: And the wimmin in ma life seem determined tae make sure ah remain subservient like a good wee boy. :thumbdown:

Graeme1988

Awww man, today hus been good an bad fur me.

On the bad side, ah've been coughin', wheezin' and throwin' up phlegm aw day. Hud this for a week, and ma family only started tae ma concerns seriously yesterday - the c**ts. Ah could've got rid uh this by now.

Kinda dreading the paces ah'll be pit through at the gym the morra, cuz ma breathin' isnae great at moment due to this chest infection.

On the good side, ah managed to get up an walk a few times today unsupervised. Got through to the kitchen twice an got masel' summit to eat an drink. And then back to the living room. Now, that might no seem like a big deal, but it shows am gettin' mair confident. So it's another wee bit o' progress in ma recovery.

Huv'nae got ma posture upright yet, but, ah think that's due to the zimmer frame more than anything. Ah think it's getting more upright once am able to keep ma balance while using crutches. Anyway, that's aboot aw ah've got tae say as far as ma surgery recovery goes. Excitin', eh?

Ah still huvin some days where ah don't feel any improvement being made an regret getting the surgery done. Supoose that's only natural. Given how slow this recovery is gonnae be.

Graeme1988

Should probably cancel this gym visit with ma physiotherapy team the morra mornin' at the last minute. Mainly cuz ah don't feel well enough to do much, if anythin'. And it'll be payback for whit them c**ts did tae me last week. :giggle:

Graeme1988

It's really frustratin' that since ma surgery, ah huv less control over the decision ah make in ma life. Wow! The things change, the more they stay the same, eh? :sad: :kickingmyself:

Graeme1988

Oh, f**k me! Whit a way tae spend yer 28th birthday.

Spendin' the morning of that day, in a f**kin' community hospital in Lochmaben with one of yer physiotherapy team. Minaj, the Indian fella, who ah found oot lives in Dumfries, which isnae far from either Lockerbie or Lochmaben. Anyway, he is actually the mair clued up o' the three, so ah should probably stop cruelly referring tae them as the "The Three Stooges".

Oh! The other two huv'nae got a clue, yin o' them is a dour-sounding wummin called Lorraine. Who, ma sister noticed, only has one leg. The other yin, Erin, talks exactly like ma other sister - y'know the more tempermental sibling who'll argue aboot trival things? Ah've mention her on her afore.

Anyway, it's made aw the worse by the fact ah've still got this bloody chest infection. And ah got waken up at 8 o'clock this morning for ma gym workoot at half past nine.

Oh, and me an ma sister were'nae too chuffed when we showed up tae the hospital to be greeted by yin o' the cleaning stay, who said, "There's naebuddy here", upon hearing we hud an appointment this morning.

Well, we let in an telt tae wait and we are ragin'. Ma sister in particular."Oh, Amanda'll be hearin' aboot this fae us when we see her at yer next appointment. Ah've seen such a shower o' incompetents in ma life when comes tae physiotherapists" Ah just agree with an "Aye, ah'll be complainin' aboot this. Don't you worry". Not wantin' tae vent an swear. Even though, we both felt like it.

Then this nurse who workin' on the wards comes to see us. This patronisin' auld mare, who not only misspells ma first name but ma surname anaw. :eek:h:

She goes "Did yous book the appointment?" Then we hud tae explain this wus arrange with ma physio team a week ago. But we copped on tae how she wus tryin' place the blame on us. So, she f**ks off, then comes back to inform us Lorraine's just arrived in... at twenty to ten. 10 minutes later than scheduled for our appointment. And it's turns oot Minaj wus in the hospital the whole time, just not in the physiotherapy clinic.

Anyway, the blonde bombshite, Lorraine wanders in to open the physiotherapy clinic/gym. And ma sister asked her an open question: "Our appointment wus half nine, aye?" expecting to get an apology in return. But naw, Lorraine doesnae say: "Hiya, sorry tae huv kept ye waiting" As most doctors or medical stuff huv the courtesy of doing in these situation.

Naw, instead dour, slow-talkin' Lorraine confirms whit ma sister already knew, with an "Aye, aye it wus...". A few minutes later Minaj comes throw the doors and leads us to the physiotherapy clinic. Ma sister comes along, after so discuss as to whether she should or not. Ah left it to her to decide, sayin' it wus up to her. Oh, just wee aside here, we (me and ma sister) were telt last week that there wus gonnae be 2 physiotherapist doing the clinic, but it wus just Minaj. Not that am complainin' aboot that...

Anyway, so we get intae the room, a zimmer frame get brung in. And we get doon tae business for the next half an hour. A couple of times up and down the parallel bars, with me barely puttin' any of ma weight through the bar. See ah stand for a few moments tryin' to be ma posture straight and pushin' ma right heel down as far as ah cun get it.

Then comes the part ah've been dreading - the crutches. As ah wus really not confident enough tae feel ah could keep ma balance on them. As well as being unsure as tae how ah should manoeuvre with, due to being more used to using them in sync with each leg. As opposed to puttin' both crutches forth then stepping through.

But it aw went well. Oh, and I got up and down this rather steep set of stairs, just like 5 steps. Which wus kinda difficult coming down, as it wus hard to gauge where ma foot wus going to land, having to lead with ma currently weaker right leg walking down the stairs.

Ah did well, wus - as ye cun imagine - totally knackered an short of breath by the end of it. But, aye - that's no bad fur somebuddy's first attempt at using crutches and climbing a set of stairs, considering ah've hud a really bad chest infection for a week. Looks like am makin' mair progress in ma post-surgery recovery than ah initially thought
yes.gif
yahoo.gif

Anyway, there's a wee update fur yous lot.

Graeme1988

YouTube
YouTube

Just posting these comedy sketches here in tribute to the legendary Scottish, Edinburgh-born, comedian Ronnie Corbett. Who passed away this morning.
sosad.gif
rip.gif

Such a sad and great loss to British comedy.

20 years?! Whoa! :applause : How d'ye cope when yer feelin' lonely, then? Or are ye like me and prefer yer ain company? Just wonderin' cuz am always gittin' telt that am needed by ma family and that ah wouldnae cope on ma own. Mainly because ma Mum refused tae teach me the important life lessons she should've passed on tae me, but "...she did her best" to paraphrase one of her favourite go-to expressions
Well its over 15 yrs anyway, prob half-between.
I'm not really sure i know what "lonely" is these days anyroad. Spent soooo much time alone, that maybe either lonliness has become the norm, or else i dont hardly ever suffer from it. I do have times where i'm "bored out of my skull" or when my self-esteem is "shot" (which is much/most of the time) ... but are they symptoms of that term "loneliness" (if it actually is such a thing!), i dunno???

Aw yes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ya!!! :applause: :bigsmile: :thumbup: :brindis:

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Well its over 15 yrs anyway, prob half-between.
I'm not really sure i know what "lonely" is these days anyroad. Spent soooo much time alone, that maybe either lonliness has become the norm, or else i dont hardly ever suffer from it. I do have times where i'm "bored out of my skull" or when my self-esteem is "shot" (which is much/most of the time) ... but are they symptoms of that term "loneliness" (if it actually is such a thing!), i dunno???

Oh, I'm much the same. Ah only asked aboot loneliness cuz ah get pressured intae being social and constantly telt that "Ah must be lonely...". Am I f**k! When am on ma own is when am happiest, tae be honest.

Aw yes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ya!!! :applause: :brindis:

Cheer, pal. Got a few cairds this year again, despite ma insistance no tae bother with them. Got ma usual dosh (money), so am gonnae invest that in a new set of earrings and some offensively funny t-shirts for ma summer stay at the Edinburgh Fringe again this year.

Does gettin' baith ears pierced ma ye gay, as the stereotype goes? Or is it when you've got another man's up yer arse? * :giggle:

* Ah say that in reference to a joke by Australian comedian Steve Hughes.

Yet another big name gone this year. Whats goin on i say??? They're all droppin off like flies!!!

Ah know. As if David Bowie and Alan Rickman passing away weren't devastatin' enough, now Ronnie Corbett.
And of those 3 big names, the latter's death just hud to coincide with ma birthday.
sosad.gif

Graeme1988

Finally gettin' a second banister fitted at the bottom of the staircase in ma hoose the morra. It's the only part of the stairs that didnae get yin fitted initially.

Ah don't know ah should attempt the stair after it's done? Since ah've only just tried walkin' up an doon a small set of stairs today at the physiotherapy clinic in Lochmaben. Would it be too soon? Or should ah gie it a go? :thinking:

Graeme1988

So, where should ah go with this wee journal here? By which ah mean, whit should ah talk aboot next? Since ah've still go the whole story of the last 3 months tae tell ye.

Plus, elaboratin' on the time ma Mum feel off that bed in the living room, which ah currently sleep in. :giggle: Summit ah briefly mentioned in the "Random thoughts" thread on here. There's another rather amusing incident with ma Mum involving her misreading the Scottish football results as we watched BBC Scotland's Sportscene on Saturday afternoon.

Oh, and more recently, ma experience during the 2016 Glasgow Comedy Festival at one show in particular, which has made me a bit wary of every sitting in the front row of a comedy show ever again, possibly?

Or d'ye just want tae read entries where ah vent and rage aboot stuff and throw in the odd swear word here an there ?

If ah wus a bit mair cultured, intelligent, educated, opinionated an kept up tae date with the news, then ah'd happily share ma views on current affairs an politics. But am no, so... that's f**ked that, hasn't it ?

Hoppy

Dear Graeme, we love you just the way you are, so keep on doing what you are doing.

Happy birthday!!!!

cakeincomputer.jpg

Graeme1988

Dear Graeme, we love you just the way you are, so keep on doing what you are doing.

Awww... :shyness: Glad to hear that Hoppy.

Happy birthday!!!!

cakeincomputer.jpg

^ That made me smile.

And thanks for the birthday wishes. :thumbup:

Sadly, ah spent most of ma day sober - ah know the f**kin' disbelief! :eek: Ah did plan to get some Buckfast an Jägermeister especially for today, but the really bad chest infection ah've hud since last week means nae gettin' bevvied at the moment. So it's just antibiotics an minging disolved paracetamol - them things make near boak so they dae.

Graeme1988

F**kin' hell! This is definitely no the happiest or best birthday ah've ever hud.
sick.gif

Coughing like a bloody smoker an wheezin' like precursor tae an asthma attack. Wish it would clear up so ah cun get on with ma rehab n' recovery. If ma Mum an sister just believed me last week when ah tell ah might have a chest infection, an got me some antibiotics, ah wouldnae feelin' as tired n' shirty as ah um now.

Graeme1988

"Dinnae under estimate yersel'... Ye cun dae mair than ye think yer capable"

^ Ah been hearin' this said tae me by ma oldest sister a lot in the last 3 months. And it hard tae take this compliment withoot going: "Pfft! Aye, if ye say so..." or "Don't talk pish, wummin!. Cuz it's no easy tryin' the build yer ain confidence when ye were raised by somebuddy who rarely see the positive side of things. But then ma Mum's Scottish an being cynical is pretty much an essential part of Scottish character. :giggle:

Also, am startin' tae realise just what an impact ma Dad's abscence during ma childhood has hud on me and ma life generally. As well as his emotional abscence during ma formative years. It's nae wonder why ah always hud self-confidence issues and trouble being assertive. And never truly iving up to the expection of being the "Man of the house. And, on top of aw that, being high sensitive - which is hellish thing to be if yer bloke, like.

Anyway, enough musings aboot ma crisis of confidence.